What's new

Bangladesh wants to buy Russia’s Yak-130 & SU-27 !

M.H.J.

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Bangladesh wants to buy Russia

Breaking NEWS:
----------------

Bangladesh wants to buy Russia’s Yak-130 & SU-27 aircraft !

Nov 15, 2012 13:31 Moscow Time

Bangladesh’s air forces are interested in buying Russia’s jet trainer/light attack aircraft Yak-130, Sergey Kornev, a representative of the Rosoboronexport (Russia’s state intermediary agency for exports/imports of defense-related products) said Thursday.
He was speaking at the China Airshow 2012 which is underway in the Chinese city of Zhuhai.

Kornev added that Russia will grant a loan to Bangladesh to buy 12 Yak-130 planes and Su-27 jet fighters. He did not mention the sum of the loan.

“As far as I know the loan has been approved. Within its amount Bangladesh can choose the number of planes it will buy and their modifications”, he said.

Voice of Russia, RIA

It would be better if BAF can get any of these variants :

Su-27SKM: Single-seat multirole fighter for export. It is a derivative of the Su-27SK but includes upgrades such as advanced cockpit, more sophisticated self-defense electronic countermeasures (ECM) and an in-flight refuelling system.

Su-27SM2: 4.5-gen block upgrade for Russian Su-27, featuring some technology of the Su-35BM; it includes Irbis-E radar, and upgraded engines and avionics.

Su-27SM3: The same as the Su-27SM but in contrast is newly-built rather than a mid-life upgrade.

Post collected from : Defence Power Of Bangladesh | Facebook

- MHJ ...

Breaking NEWS:
----------------

Bangladesh wants to buy Russia’s Yak-130 & SU-27 aircraft !

Nov 15, 2012 13:31 Moscow Time

Bangladesh’s air forces are interested in buying Russia’s jet trainer/light attack aircraft Yak-130, Sergey Kornev, a representative of the Rosoboronexport (Russia’s state intermediary agency for exports/imports of defense-related products) said Thursday.
He was speaking at the China Airshow 2012 which is underway in the Chinese city of Zhuhai.

Kornev added that Russia will grant a loan to Bangladesh to buy 12 Yak-130 planes and Su-27 jet fighters. He did not mention the sum of the loan.

“As far as I know the loan has been approved. Within its amount Bangladesh can choose the number of planes it will buy and their modifications”, he said.

Voice of Russia, RIA

It would be better if BAF can get any of these variants :

Su-27SKM: Single-seat multirole fighter for export. It is a derivative of the Su-27SK but includes upgrades such as advanced cockpit, more sophisticated self-defense electronic countermeasures (ECM) and an in-flight refuelling system.

Su-27SM2: 4.5-gen block upgrade for Russian Su-27, featuring some technology of the Su-35BM; it includes Irbis-E radar, and upgraded engines and avionics.

Su-27SM3: The same as the Su-27SM but in contrast is newly-built rather than a mid-life upgrade.

Collected from : Defence Power Of Bangladesh | Facebook

- MHJ ...

BAF is also in the process of acquiring 8 MiG-29SMT. Existing 8 Mig-29B/SE will also be upgraded to MiG-29SMT standard.

- MHJ ...

Already posted by mbb44 in BAF thread. But lets discuss it anyway. :)

The person said the loan has been approved. So this must be the part of the $850million arms deal
I guess bangladesh will buy around 12-16 Su 27. Buying this many jets will only leave space for a few more minor purchases.

Even if the sukhoi 27 deal does not go through, we will still be able to buy other aircrafts from russia since the loan deal has been approved.

Now the question is are we getting brand new planes or off the shelf sukhois.

BAF is also in the process of acquiring 8 MiG-29SMT. Existing 8 Mig-29B/SE will also be upgraded to MiG-29SMT standard.

- MHJ ...

So far i only have heard claims about this purchase. Any links?

Earlier this year on PDF, bangladeshis used to discuss ...

Bangladesh wants to buy Sukhoi ... F16 ... JF17 ... Mig29 .... J10 ... J20 ... and what not .... and then they finally purchased this piece of $hit

F200804081959543144923997.jpg

Already posted by mbb44 in BAF thread. But lets discuss it anyway. :)

The person said the loan has been approved. So this must be the part of the $850million arms deal
I guess bangladesh will buy around 12-16 Su 27. Buying this many jets will only leave space for a few more minor purchases.

Even if the sukhoi 27 deal does not go through, we will still be able to buy other aircrafts from russia since the loan deal has been approved.

Now the question is are we getting brand new planes or off the shelf sukhois.

So far i only have heard claims about this purchase. Any links?

This news is known for a long time now that BAF will purchase YAK-130 and Sukhoi, But my question is why our own citizens were trolling and bashing our BAF in unision for purchasing 16 BGIs, which are also needed for a high-low mix? Let Indians do whatever they want, but why should our people go with the Indians to criticize a well thought-out decision by the BAF. I think, we should talk like adults and should not cooperate with the Indian trollers.

BAF will buy the YAK & Sukhoi planes under a Russian credit of $850 million. As the Russian spokesman said, it is the choice of BAF what it shall or shall not buy within this budget limit. I personally was aware of purchasing Su-30MK2, but this news says of Su-27. Can someone hilite the strong and weak points of these two planes? Which one is better for satisfying BAF needs.

Bangladesh wants to buy Sukhoi ... F16 ... JF17 ... Mig29 .... J10 ... J20 ... and what not .... and then they finally purchased this piece of $hit

The discussion for 4th generation planes started after BAF revealed to Janes that Bangladesh may either go for F 16s, Jas 39, Migs and sukhois.

The JF 17 and J 10 came into discussion because they were cheaper and were single engined and supplied by our friend

The F 7 BGI are a stop gap measure as we are going to retire our f 7 MB and Fanatans by 2014. The F 7BGI are not expected to fill in the role of our MRCA. Rather they are there to offset the loss of our retired planes

That's a pic of F-7BG(2006 variant) not the latest "BGI".
F-7BGI The Most Upgraded version of chengdu F-7 for Bangladesh Air Force.3.5 generation & Beyond-visual-range missile, PGM capable. F-7BGI is the best & most capable F-7 ever produced.
We have bought F-7BGI as a stop-gap aircraft.

BAF has ordered YAK-130 to train our pilots for a true 4++gen fighter.

For the 4++ gen the aircraft that were being evaluated are primarily the Mig-29SMT and the Lockheed Martin F-16, with the Sukhoi Su-27/30 and SAAB JAS-39 Gripen were also in evaluation.

At last, BAF has come to a decision to get MiG-29SMT along with SU-27SM .

So, What's wrong here ?

- MHJ ...

This news is known for a long time now that BAF will purchase YAK-130 and Sukhoi, But my question is why our own citizens were trolling and bashing our BAF in unision for purchasing 16 BGIs, which are also needed for a high-low mix? Let Indians do whatever they want, but why should our people go with the Indians to criticize a well thought-out decision by the BAF. I think, we should talk like adults and should not cooperate with the Indian trollers.

BAF will buy the YAK & Sukhoi planes under a Russian credit of $850 million. As the Russian spokesman said, it is the choice of BAF what it shall or shall not buy within this budget limit. I personally was aware of purchasing Su-30MK2, but this news says of Su-27. Can someone hilite the strong and weak points of these two planes? Which one is better for satisfying BAF needs.

We already know the news that bangladesh will purchase yaks and either mig/sukhoi. It turned out to be sukhoi. But i have yet to see the news that says that bangladesh will buy 8 migs to complete the squadron.

Most probably what he says is correct. After all they are the ones selling the planes. Lets just wait and see what variant we will be getting.

Su-30- Mach-2.0, 3000km range, climb rate 230m/s, maximum weight it can carry is 34.5k kg, 12 hardpoints, multirole aircraft
Guns: 1 × GSh-30-1 gun (30 mm calibre, 150 rounds)
AAMs: 6 × R-27ER1 (AA-10C), 2 × R-27ET1 (AA-10D), 6 × R-73E (AA-11), 6 × R-77 RVV-AE (AA-12)
ASMs: 6 × Kh-31P/Kh-31A anti-radar missiles, 6 × Kh-29T/L laser guided missiles, 2 × Kh-59ME
Aerial bombs: 6 × KAB 500KR, 3 × KAB-1500KR, 8 × FAB-500T, 28 × OFAB-250-270, nuclear bombs
Su-27- Mach 2.35, 3530km range, climb rate 300m/s, maximum weight it can carry is 30.5k kg, 10 hardpoints, air superority fighter
1 × 30 mm GSh-30-1 cannon with 150 rounds
8,000 kg (17,600 lb) on 10 external pylons
Up to 6 × medium-range AA missiles R-27, 2 × short-range heat-seeking AA missiles R-73

i think we should get 27 as it is built for air superiority and we already got BGI for multirole :)

mig29smt-11.jpg

So if the deal goes accordingly BAF will operate 16 Mig-29SMT 12~15 su-27 and some Yak-130 not a bad look.
seems bangladesh wants o diversify its arms sources . personally i would like to see a composition of SU-30MK as air superiority and air dominance fighter and J-10 as multirole fighter along with JF-17 as light attack fighter.

Su-30- Mach-2.0, 3000km range, climb rate 230m/s, maximum weight it can carry is 34.5k kg, 12 hardpoints, multirole aircraft
Guns: 1 × GSh-30-1 gun (30 mm calibre, 150 rounds)
AAMs: 6 × R-27ER1 (AA-10C), 2 × R-27ET1 (AA-10D), 6 × R-73E (AA-11), 6 × R-77 RVV-AE (AA-12)
ASMs: 6 × Kh-31P/Kh-31A anti-radar missiles, 6 × Kh-29T/L laser guided missiles, 2 × Kh-59ME
Aerial bombs: 6 × KAB 500KR, 3 × KAB-1500KR, 8 × FAB-500T, 28 × OFAB-250-270, nuclear bombs
Su-27- Mach 2.35, 3530km range, climb rate 300m/s, maximum weight it can carry is 30.5k kg, 10 hardpoints, air superority fighter
1 × 30 mm GSh-30-1 cannon with 150 rounds
8,000 kg (17,600 lb) on 10 external pylons
Up to 6 × medium-range AA missiles R-27, 2 × short-range heat-seeking AA missiles R-73

i think we should get 27 as it is built for air superiority and we already got BGI for multirole :)

IMO we should have gotten Su 30 instead its a more deadlier plane. But we will have to to wait and see what version of Su 27 are we getting and what are they offering

mig29smt-11.jpg

So if the deal goes accordingly BAF will operate 16 Mig-29SMT 12~15 su-27 and some Yak-130 not a bad look.
seems bangladesh wants o diversify its arms sources . personally i would like to see a composition of SU-30MK as air superiority and air dominance fighter and J-10 as multirole fighter along with JF-17 as light attack fighter.

I seriously doubt that bangladesh will go after j 10 or jf 17 after this deal is done. If bangladesh needs more planes they will either buy more of sukhois or migs. Buying planes from so many different platforms will only cause a admin headache for our air force.

Seeing that so many purchases are russian, most probably most of the future and prospective buys will be russian.

F-7BGs bought way back on 2006. lolz...

Vietnam's Su-30MK2 deal costed well over $1 billion. A total of 12 are to be delivered by the end of this year.

At last, BAF has come to a decision to get MiG-29SMT along with SU-27SM .

So, What's wrong here ?

So it's Su-27 now? :confused:

I seriously doubt that bangladesh will go after j 10 or jf 17 after this deal is done. If bangladesh needs more planes they will either buy more of sukhois or migs. Buying planes from so many different platforms will only cause a admin headache for our air force.

Seeing that so many purchases are russian, most probably most of the future and prospective buys will be russian.

Single-engined planes have lower maintenance costs relative to twin-engined ones, no doubt.

However, the key issue may be that platforms like J-10 and FC-1 are not operationally proven yet. The former however will become very mature by 2016.

So getting a very new platform like FC-1 for BAF right now is risky to say the least.

And indeed, the Su-27 is a very solid bird. Though, a bit back-dated. I'd rather prefer the Su-35BM which is basically an Su-27 on steroids :D

Any idea of the version?

Back
Top Bottom