What's new

Bangladesh is getting 24 YAK-130, 6 Mi-17 Helicopter and 480 ATGM

YAKs are a good purchase. Just wondering though, can they be modified or used with the same specifications as a close support for ground operations?

Cheers!!!

its you and your brother vivindian here for trollnig .what is your purpose here ? there is no business with you what bd purchase or not .realy none of your business .you suggest lahat and another joking about j17 .what da hale wrong with you both?:blah:

well,thats the problem when you got a member with zero tech knowledge..do you see others have any problem with my post??and any member here can comment on any country's purchase.we're here to discuss..unless you've other things to say against my quote,then F**k off.

YAKs are a good purchase. Just wondering though, can they be modified or used with the same specifications as a close support for ground operations?

Cheers!!!

Yak-130 was supposed to have a CAS variant.but they never went to production line.for easy target,I think you can use these.but shouldn't be deployed when some AA gun is around as these don't heavily armor against AA platform like Su-25.but sure these platforms can be used against some rebels/insurgents.Yak-130 is a decent trainer which will be used by BAF for training of 4th gen jets.Su-30 perhaps,I've heard that Su-30 might come to BD.

These trainers are no match for SU 30. Awami League is purchasing these to tie up Bangladesh defense spending for next few years along with massive looting from the deal. All the while real priority of Bangladesh defense forces side stepped. This purchases from Russia is joint implementation of Indo-Awami League defense policy - keep Bangladesh weaker than it otherwise would be. If it were to enhance Bangladesh defense capabilities, system like S-300, BM-30, Mi-28 like would have been purchased.

dude,you guys have Mig-29.and some members suggest that Su-30 will be coming to BD too.it is nothing to do with Yak-130 purchase.Yak-130 will enable BAF to train better pilots and far superior way.4th gen will come to BAF eventually,as BD members are saying that F-7s are just for stop gap measures..

as for S-300, BM-30, Mi-28--sure BAF will purchase them.but is BD's defence budget is large enough to buy as well as maintain these costly platforms??even BD members are saying that S-300/Hq-9 will be unnecessary(these are strategic sam).you guys need something like NASAMS or if you prefer,something like Akash or Aster-15(or you can prefer Aster-30 for long range),solid air defence for smaller countries.not every platforms is meant for every country,no offence.

BAF wanted a good training before buying any 4th generation fighters. YAK-130 will help it. After they get a good training we can look for procuring SU-30s

the initial plan was to buy 10 Yak-130s, which got extended to 24.... this seems more like an opportunity utilisation rather than prioritization.... I'm sure that right now BAF isn't looking to get 24 advanced trainers.... that would mean that we're probably aiming at double the size of our current fighter force.... that seems improbable.... with $1bn deal currently in process with Russia, I'm not sure another $1bn deal with Russian is coming anytime soon, which might include some 4 gen fighters.... my belief is that the credit opportunity is being realised to fulfill the gap in the FGA role, which is currently fulfilled by the old A-5s..... one squadron of Yak-130 in place of L-39ZA and one squadron in place of A-5s.... with a lack of AD fighters, I don't think FGA fighter can ever fulfill the priority, which is to get a decent layered AD.... there is now every possibility that another AD role-filler is coming up, which won't be Su-30.... the current fleet of MiG-29s would probably get updated to SMT, but not sure whether we're gonna get another batch of the same.... funding for a new fighter squadron would be real hard to get..... I see more possibility behind the rumour - "a squadron of J-10 lend/lease from China"..... lets see, where it goes....

if there is anyone who can explain me something like
is the mi171 is expensive i mean 6 for 90 milliion plus
does it include the weapons and training and the spare parts etc..

but over all i am happy for this agreement of the weapons as this weapons are all good

the 171Sh are latest in the development of Mi-8/Mi-17 series.... and they're not just transport, they're assault transport with lots of capability to fit armaments.... our Army's two Eurocopters cost us $23mn in total and the two Navy Agustas cost us $21mn in total.... that should give you some idea, may be...

if there is anyone who can explain me something like
is the mi171 is expensive i mean 6 for 90 milliion plus
does it include the weapons and training and the spare parts etc..

but over all i am happy for this agreement of the weapons as this weapons are all good

A Russian government delegation has arrived in Dhaka to finalize the cost to the Bangladesh government for purchasing 24 advanced jet trainer fighters and six helicopters for the Armed Forces Division, officials said.
Bangladesh has a difference of opinion with the Russian authorities about the appropriate rates for the fighter planes.
The local negotiation committee, led by a Bangladesh air vice-marshal and includes representatives from different ministries, is holding the view that the price quoted by the Russians was over-priced by $200 million.
Moscow wanted $23.5 million for each of the fighter plane Yak-130, said a member of the local negotiation committee on condition of anonymity. He said the local negotiation committee assessed that the price should be $15 million for each plane.
The visiting delegation, which arrived in the capital on September 1, comprises officials from Rosoboronexport, the sole Russian state intermediary agency for export and import of military arms and services.
The visitors are expected to stay in Dhaka for two weeks in order to settle the differences not only about the price of the planes but also deals on other defence equipment which are being purchased under the $1 billion suppliers’ credit from Russia.
This includes the price of five Mi-171s and one Mi-17-1 helicopters which the Bangladesh authorities consider should be altogether $79.2 million.
Moscow is, however, demanding around $100 million for the six helicopters.
Both the sides are also expected to fix the value of 480 anti-tank missiles.
Early this year, Bangladesh signed a deal with Russia involving a $1 billion loan at 4.5 per cent interest against which the country would buy Russian-made military hardware.
At a press conference on January 23, 2013, Lieutenant General Abu Belal Muhammad Shafiul Huq, Air Vice Marshal Abu Esrar and Major General Abdul Matin told reporters that purchase of fighter aircraft and choppers were major components of the arms deal.
The present purchase deal is the biggest ever arms contract between the two countries.
Bangladesh had procured eight MiG-29 fighter jets from Russia at $124 million during the 1996-2001 tenure of the Awami League government.
In relation to that purchase, the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had been indicted by a court for alleged corruption, but the case was later quashed.
Armed forces division officials said that the involvement of a committee comprising representatives of different ministries in negotiations with the Russian side over the last two years had ensured that the present arms deals was transparent.
They said the loan repayment period is in 20 installments over a 10-year period starting from April 15, 2018.
The payment will be made through the annual budgetary allocation given to the armed forces division.

1380604_202019923310687_643867323_n.jpg

Finally, some light on the $1bl deal. By the way, YAK-130 is not a fighter aircraft its a Lead-In-Fighter-Trainer (LIFT).

Good purchases by Bangla forces, but the price tag of Yak-130 is very high (23.5 m) per plane. I agree that Russians are over-charging !!! But overall these are good and valuable purchases.

23 million is too much . I hope negotiation come to a happy end . I heared russian officials will stay in bd about 2 week .

These trainers are no match for SU 30. Awami League is purchasing these to tie up Bangladesh defense spending for next few years along with massive looting from the deal. All the while real priority of Bangladesh defense forces side stepped. This purchases from Russia is joint implementation of Indo-Awami League defense policy - keep Bangladesh weaker than it otherwise would be. If it were to enhance Bangladesh defense capabilities, system like S-300, BM-30, Mi-28 like would have been purchased.

Before flying more advanced machines like the Su-30, trainers are needed.

The Yak-130 can also simulate Western aircraft as well. This was discussed in the air force sticky. Having worthy and capable pilots is very important in any air force.

Cheers!!!

It's capable of CAS operations.

Before flying more advanced machines like the Su-30, trainers are needed.

Who told you SU 30 is in purchase list?

Better yet do you know of way of airborne BAF fighter under indian air supremacy? Meaning BAF fighters will be targeted before they can effectively take off and face indian threat in the sky. Until and unless Bangladesh buys effective means like S-300 and BM-30 type of systems to keep indian airforce at bay and provide breathing room for BAF to take off and engage, all these Yaks are worthless when it comes down to real threat.

If you have better answer, lets hear that.

Who told you SU 30 is in purchase list?

Better yet do you know of way of airborne BAF fighter under indian air supremacy? Meaning BAF fighters will be targeted before they can effectively take off and face indian threat in the sky. Until and unless Bangladesh buys effective means like S-300 and BM-30 type of systems to keep indian airforce at bay and provide breathing room for BAF to take off and engage, all these Yaks are worthless when it comes down to real threat.

If you have better answer, lets hear that.

I gave the Su-30 as an example. The Yak-130 is capable of simulating the likes of F-16, F-15 and even the F-35.

Ask yourself, can you fly a 747 after just reading a manual? :no:

SAMs are good, but they have limitations. Any air force would need trainers. Heck, even the USAF use simple trainers. Does that mean they are vulnerable from the Russians? A trainer and fighter are not the same. Trainers are vital to make any air force sustainable.

Another thing is that those Yaks are not only meant to replace BAF's aging fleet of trainers, but also replace the aging A-5's. This partly explains why BAF ordered in such a significant quantity.

Those A-5's were meant for CAS, and so would the Yaks. However, I never really understood BAF's need for CAS aircraft given their current inventory and operational setup.

For CAS aircraft to be able to perform their operations, the air force must be able to achieve total air superiority over the enemy. Otherwise, they are toast. We'd never see A-10's being sent out first in a traditional war theater. Those A-5's were bought back in the 80's during Ershad-era if I'm not mistaken. So that leaves me with some question marks.

As far as India goes, I don't think they would simply jump in and start randomly bombing Bangladesh. Otherwise, all that money spent on Bollywood propaganda would go up in smoke. Why do you think there's all this tight-lipped conspiracy in light of the things going on in Bangladesh? It is specifically because of that vulnerability.

Bangladesh will never win a battle of attrition against India. The Israelis never fought that way against the Arabs during the Arab-Israeli wars.

S-300's and BM-30's would not pose any real threat to them other than a bunch of whiners.

For Bangladesh, there are "other" kinds of warfare. One just gotta be creative. One can actually contain them without firing a single bullet.

Back
Top Bottom