What's new

Bangladesh is getting 24 YAK-130, 6 Mi-17 Helicopter and 480 ATGM

If you don't have answer then why go tell world history? That goes to show what you are up to. It is getting amusing with your assumption that I do not know "difference between the role of a trainer and a fighter". I would ask you question why this yak is propagated as trainer + fighter capability when there its worth as fighter is as good as nothing??????

It is a trainer with some combat capabilities. Go check its technical specs if you don't believe.

Once again you are put on spot and could not back up your claim and now inventing false statement like "since when did the Afghan Mujaheddin use fighter aircraft against the Soviets?"

Where in my statement I said that????? Show the proof?????

That shows you failed to understand what the term "battle of attrition" implied.

And you need to go and find meaning of "war of attrition" before engage in arguments. Its obvious you have no clue on difference between tactic and strategy. Throughout history Afghan had used "war of attrition" strategy against brits, soviets and now against US. "guerrilla warfare" is a tactics that Bangladeshis are no less used in our own terrain that is extremely difficult in its own way. Bottom line is , if you are having defeatist mentality against india, then that is your choice and let that be clear. No fuss and inventing false statement to make argument needed.
Beyond that with this kind of submissive mentality why show false love for army and defense?

Really? Please, do enlighten us where we were wrong. And wasn't it you who stated that Bangladesh Army are nothing more than mercenaries?

Now I can see why you nationalists so utterly failed in every field of national security.

@Loki Can yak-130 be used to train for fighters other than Russian ones?For say J-10/Saab griped etc. We won't be getting any 4++ gen before 2025 by which time Saab NG and J10B will be fully operational.And most likely we won't be getting Su30. Why hell Su30 when BAF has experience with Mig29?

Having said that its also true that Russia wouldn't have ever got into BD market if not for the corruption infused Mig 29 deal of 1999. Having a AF fleet based on Russian crafts is not something we should opt for. And we most likely have only one type 4++ gen fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Loki Can yak-130 be used to train for fighters other than Russian ones?For say J-10/Saab griped etc.

Yes it can be used to train pilots for non-Russian planes:
The Avionica fly-by-wire flight control system is used to adjust the stability and controllability characteristics and flight safety systems to simulate a number of aircraft such as the MiG-29, Su-27, Su-30, F-15, F-16, F-18, Mirage 2000, Rafale, Typhoon and future fighters such as the F-35.

The Yak-130 combat trainer can simulate the tactics of different combat aircraft. There is one centreline fuselage hardpoint and the number of wing hardpoints for the suspension of weapons payloads has been increased to eight with six underwing and two wingtip points, increasing the combat payload weight to 3,000kg.
The aircraft can carry weapons, suspended fuel tanks, reconnaissance pods and a range of electronic warfare pods including radar jammers and infrared countermeasures.

An open architecture avionics suite installed on the Yak-130 allows a wide range of western weapon systems and guided missiles to be integrated including the AIM-9L Sidewinder, Magic 2 and the AGM-65 Maverick.
Weapons fits include the Vikhr laser-guided missile, R-73 infrared-guided air-to-air missiles (Nato designation AA-11 Archer) and the Kh-25 ML (Nato designation AS-10 Karen) air-to-surface laser-guided missile. A Platan electro-optical guidance pod is installed under the fuselage for deployment of the KAB-500Kr guided bomb.
The aircraft is fitted with a 30mm GSh-301 cannon or a podded GSh-23 cannon installed under the fuselage. It can also deploy unguided B-8M and B-18 rockets, 250kg and 50kg bombs and cluster bombs.
Source: Yak-130 Combat Trainer - Airforce Technology

The other non-Russian aircraft are all of Western origin.

I somehow doubt if the Russians would be willing to add Chinese warplanes into the Yak-130. Such as the J-10.

We won't be getting any 4++ gen before 2025 by which time Saab NG and J10B will be fully operational.And most likely we won't be getting Su30. Why hell Su30 when BAF has experience with Mig29?

There were rumors that BAF were interested in Flankers in the past due to their range, and capability to perform operations deep into enemy airspace. The MiG-29 cannot do those, especially when it comes to suppression of enemy air defense (SEAD) operations.

Having said that its also true that Russia wouldn't have ever got into BD market if not for the corruption infused Mig 29 deal of 1999. Having a AF fleet based on Russian crafts is not something we should opt for. And we most likely have only one type 4++ gen fighter.

There were better aircraft out there than the MiG-29 even back then. In my opinion, we should have been more patient for F-16's or something similar.

The MiG-29 scam was a big one. Somehow, I expect this $1 billion deal to have loopholes as well.

In my opinion, if the BAF want something sustainable, they'd opt for J-10's, along with the JL-9's to serve as trainers. Our current fleet of L-39's are aging.

The Chinese are very reliable suppliers, and deliver on time.

Last edited by a moderator:
plz also do a little research on the height of radar detection at 300km.... the earth is round and the search and acquisition radars that come with S-300 are not "over-the-horizon" (OTH) radars.... and OTH radars (which are usually several kilometers long arrays) are only used for long-range early warning, not for targeting..... shooting down right after takeoff is not possible at 300km.... not with today's tech.... don't believe me, just check the details yourself....

I would take your response as some sort of joke and not one who has any understanding on S-300 or similar class system capability. First compose your thoughts and try to look into different detection and warning radar components within a S-300 type system and their capabilities.

I would take your response as some sort of joke and not one who has any understanding on S-300 or similar class system capability. First compose your thoughts and try to look into different detection and warning radar components within a S-300 type system and their capabilities.

Those systems are vulnerable to low-lying threats like cruise missiles and UAV's. That was his "joke" as you put it.

That's where short range systems come into play. A multi-tier SAM is the point.

Yes it can be used to train pilots for non-Russian planes:

Source: Yak-130 Combat Trainer - Airforce Technology

The other non-Russian aircraft are all of Western origin.

I somehow doubt if the Russians would be willing to add Chinese warplanes into the Yak-130. Such as the J-10.

There were better aircraft out there than the MiG-29 even back then. In my opinion, we should have been more patient for F-16's or something similar.

The MiG-29 scam was a big one. Somehow, I expect this $1 billion deal to have loopholes as well.

In my opinion, if the BAF want something sustainable, they'd opt for J-10's, along with the JL-9's to serve as trainers. Our current fleet of L-39's are aging.

The Chinese are very reliable suppliers, and deliver on time.

SO will technically still have options for other fighters . But Russia not allowing Chinese warplane simulation systems into Yak may as well means that we are stuck with Russian fighters. If they don't allow china they won't ever allow any western countries. Having said that BAF chief in that magazine did mention J10 as well. Aren't they taking future diplomacy of Russian china relations into consideration U think? Or may be this Yak deal doesn't have any nod from BAF at all just like the previous Mig 29s.

What I am trying to say is that Fighters are costly business and a whole different ball game than some APCs and anti-tank missiles. They may as well form the backbone of BD's airdefence. It will also influence potential future purchase of other systems such as Long range SAM and AWACS aircrafts due to issue of systems integration.

And yes china is the most reliable supplier we can ever have. And future Air force fleet should be based on strong bilateral strategic relations something we can not ever have with Russia.

It is a trainer with some combat capabilities. Go check its technical specs if you don't believe.

So let me repeat - why this yak is propagated as trainer + fighter capability when its worth as fighter is as good as nothing?????? Deceptive selling point of "combat capabilities" only for gullible. What "combat capabilities" against mig-29, SU-30s???????

Really? Please, do enlighten us where we were wrong. And wasn't it you who stated that Bangladesh Army are nothing more than mercenaries?

Now I can see why you nationalists so utterly failed in every field of national security.

Yes, I have said that Army is acting as "mercenaries", with top brass sold off in different deals can you prove otherwise? That is a problem which can be corrected. But unlike you, I feel need for REAL and STRONG defense forces and capabilities are paramount. You on the other hand showing defeatist mentality when it come to REAL capable army facing the ultimate threat of india - you like to see army stay weak with makeup while Bangladeshis paying billions to have illusion of defense.

SO will technically still have options for other fighters . But Russia not allowing Chinese warplane simulation systems into Yak may as well means that we are stuck with Russian fighters. If they don't allow china they won't ever allow any western countries. Having said that BAF chief in that magazine did mention J10 as well. Aren't they taking future diplomacy of Russian china relations into consideration U think? Or may be this Yak deal doesn't have any nod from BAF at all just like the previous Mig 29s.

Those are difficult questions to answer with the current information. Our foreign ministry is currently a total joke though.

What I am trying to say is that Fighters are costly business and a whole different ball game than some APCs and anti-tank missiles. They may as well form the backbone of BD's airdefence. It will also influence potential future purchase of other systems such as Long range SAM due of AWACS aircrafts due to systems integration.

I don't think a mix of Russian and Chinese weapons would pose too many issues for systems integration. Now if they're NATO-based, then yes there may be issues.

And yes china is the most reliable supplier we can ever have. And future Air force fleet should be based on strong bilateral strategic relations something we can not ever have with Russia.

My only problem with the Russians is their unreliability when it comes to delivering stuff on time. Geography is also a consideration.

Not to mention that the J-10 is single engine, and that the JL-9 is based on the F-7 (which we currently use). That's why I support the J-10 more.

The GAIEC first revealed its intention to develop a new generation of fighter-trainer to replace its own JJ-7 fighter-trainer at the 2001 China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition to meet new PLAAF trainer requirements to prepare pilots for China's newest generation of fighter aircraft such as the Chengdu J-10 and Sukhoi-derived aircraft, such as the Sukhoi Su-27SK, Sukhoi Su-30MKK and Shenyang J-11. The 'FTC-2000' designation indicates an interest in exporting the JL-9 to the international market, likely to countries already operating Guizhou's FT-7 (the export designation for the JJ-7) fighter-trainers.

A perfect combo! :yay:

So let me repeat - why this yak is propagated as trainer + fighter capability when its worth as fighter is as good as nothing?????? Deceptive selling point of "combat capabilities" only for gullible. What "combat capabilities" against mig-29, SU-30s???????

Did I ever mention to get a life?

No one ever said that it is intended to go against MiGs and Sukhois. And when I said combat capabilities, I meant Close-Air-Support (CAS) ops. Not engaging top of the line 4+ gen planes.

Did I ever mention to get a life?
No one ever said that it is intended to go against MiGs and Sukhois. And when I said combat capabilities, I meant Close-Air-Support (CAS) ops. Not engaging top of the line 4+ gen planes.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...i-17-helicopter-480-atgm-5.html#ixzz2hRihyaHS

Perhaps, you need a different one because your arguments are not sustaining.

When you are surrounded by mig -29 and SU-30s, against what these yaks will show it "combat capability"?????

okay, I'm not taking your point as a joke.... can you please explain to me how the S-300's associated radar would detect a target just over ground some 300km away?

That is my arguments against yours and people can read it.

None of my posts had any politics in it. It was pure technical. You are the one and only politicizing everything here.

okay, I'm not taking your point as a joke.... can you please explain to me how the S-300's associated radar would detect a target just over ground some 300km away?

plz also do a little research on the height of radar detection at 300km.... the earth is round and the search and acquisition radars that come with S-300 are not "over-the-horizon" (OTH) radars.... and OTH radars (which are usually several kilometers long arrays) are only used for long-range early warning, not for targeting..... shooting down right after takeoff is not possible at 300km.... not with today's tech.... don't believe me, just check the details yourself....

You need to ask that question to yourself because these were your statements. 300km, over the horizon and bla bla were not in my statements. Once again, compose your thoughts, read about capabilities and read what statement others made before start shooting from hip.

Back
Top Bottom