What's new

Bangladesh Air Force sends pilots for training on F-18 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big plan on war weapon purchase

Efforts have been made to purchase seven tanks

"SEVEN" tanks....is he joking....???:what:

In addition, the government has planned to purchase one or two old frigates for navy from other countries under government to government deal

my question on this is..."WHY OLD SHIPS"???? we hav plenty of them to take care of.....

On modernising the air force Khandker said the government has a scheme to purchase a fighter squadron

Why do i see F-18 flying over the Parade Square on the Independence day.....:smitten:

Cheers!!!

In addition, the government has planned to purchase one or two old frigates for navy from other countries under government to government deal

my question on this is..."WHY OLD SHIPS"???? we hav plenty of them to take care of.....

On modernising the air force Khandker said the government has a scheme to purchase a fighter squadron

Why do i see F-18 flying over the Parade Square on the Independence day.....:smitten:

Cheers!!!

It might be 60 tanks. Journalist messed it up with Sath and Shat i guess.
They probably want old ship now as there were no plan for Fighters for this fiscal. Cost cutting and quick delivery.

It might be 60 tanks. Journalist messed it up with Sath and Shat i guess.
They probably want old ship now as there were no plan for Fighters for this fiscal. Cost cutting and quick delivery.

As you said, there were no plans for fighters this fiscal......so do you think this sudden decision came following to burmese procurement???

To me it seems so......and if this is right, i am glad to see that government is taking things seriously.:police:

Cheers!!!

Cheers!!!

The number of tanks is low,probably because army has finished upgrading its existing tanks,fulfilling army's needs for now.So this means they will probably evaluate the new tanks to see whether they are useful in our terrain,so that in next year more can be bought.

I am guessing the tanks are going to be Type-96.

Initially the govt. planned more for the Navy and the army,but right after the news of Burmese buying migs came out,they improvised the plan and now have planned to spend more on Air force.

I think that's why so much emphasis on AF while little on other forces.

I don't know which fighter its going to be,but it better not be F-7s again. :angry:

Also they are buying air-to-air missiles, one surface-to-air missile system, one air defence radar and two helicopters in the current fiscal year.This along with the forward air base in Cox bazar,further proves that these moves are to counter possible Burmese intrusion.

The number of tanks is low,probably because army has finished upgrading its existing tanks,fulfilling army's needs for now.So this means they will probably evaluate the new tanks to see whether they are useful in our terrain,so that in next year more can be bought.

I am guessing the tanks are going to be Type-96.

Initially the govt. planned more for the Navy and the army,but right after the news of Burmese buying migs came out,they improvised the plan and now have planned to spend more on Air force.

I think that's why so much emphasis on AF while little on other forces.

I don't know which fighter its going to be,but it better not be F-7s again. :angry:

Also they are buying air-to-air missiles, one surface-to-air missile system, one air defence radar and two helicopters in the current fiscal year.This along with the forward air base in Cox bazar,further proves that these moves are to counter possible Burmese intrusion.

So you are saying that Yatagans are out of the list???

Frankly speaking, what does "one SAM system" mean??? I didnt get the phrase. Is it a single battery or something else??? Thanks for dealing with my ignorance. I lack a bit of knowledge in this.

Has any further progress been made on the forward air-base in ctg??

Cheers!!!:cheers:

So you are saying that Yatagans are out of the list???

Frankly speaking, what does "one SAM system" mean??? I didnt get the phrase. Is it a single battery or something else??? Thanks for dealing with my ignorance. I lack a bit of knowledge in this.

Has any further progress been made on the forward air-base in ctg??

Cheers!!!:cheers:

I think Yatagans were never a strong option,although would love myself to be proved wrong.
It could be that those 7 tanks are yatagans,to be tested in BD terrain.
But I still think Type-96 is ahead in the race.

About SAM system,yes its confusing.May be they are buying only a single unit of something.May be FM-90 land variant (HQ-7).It takes large bucks to raise a battalion.So it is a single battery.

Yes its on now in Cox Bazar.We need more air crafts ASAP.As it seems we have more air bases than we need.:lol:

I think Yatagans were never a strong option,although would love myself to be proved wrong.
It could be that those 7 tanks are yatagans,to be tested in BD terrain.
But I still think Type-96 is ahead in the race.

About SAM system,yes its confusing.May be they are buying only a single unit of something.May be FM-90 land variant (HQ-7).It takes large bucks to raise a battalion.So it is a single battery.

Yes its on now in Cox Bazar.We need more air crafts ASAP.As it seems we have more air bases than we need.:lol:

Well, i would prefer Yatagans then T-96s....but just my personal opinion....on the other hand, Yatagans look more "TIGER-ISH" you know. :P

Single battery of SAM is too small for a number. But if its just for the strategic point at Cox-Bazar airfield....focusing the burmese, then its understandable. We already have FM-90. If we are anyway buying 1 battery, then why not S-300....would be too good and damn worth a try. :toast_sign:

LOL on your last sentence bro....this may be an indication that some more squadrons are on to be order soon.....:D

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
^^^^

It has to be.With bases expanding,no. of fighters needs to be expanded too.otherwise what's the use of operating a new base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom