What's new

Bangladesh Air Force sends pilots for training on F-18 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

As we are purchasing one Squadron of fighter plane in this fiscal year, pilots must be on training.

so its mean soon 12 or 18 hornets in BD sky goooood congs bro

Very good news if true....
Can't wait!!! It will be some view in BD sky.

i am happy with you brothers but personally i am not fan of f-18 if you got block-52+ or eagles its great to see .any way its gov of BD decide not our personal fan boy think .be happy with hornets .god bless you our brothers.

If the news is true then,congrats to Bangladesh:tup: may it grow from strength to strength.

Indeed, Bangladesh was in dire need of a top notch fighter. Personally i would have loved f-16 or j-10 but f-18 is evenly good. The reason for preference of f16 or j-10 over super hornets is that a twin engine fighter would cost more to maintain. But any how i hope the news is true.
You guys need at least 100, 4+ generation fighters.Frankly speaking only 18 fighters are not enough, your airforce is in pretty bad shape, i would like to see at least 18 more in a couple of years. 36 super hornets and to augment it you need a capable cheaper fighter at least 60-80, and that will make credible force to rely on.

May God bless you, and May God bless us.

:pakistan:

adios

i am happy with you brothers but personally i am not fan of f-18 if you got block-52+ or eagles its great to see .any way its gov of BD decide not our personal fan boy think .be happy with hornets .god bless you our brothers.

We need to arm our military to theeth as our economy is growing. We can not take chance with bharat, burma or who ever. We have always tried to stay in peacefull side however recent day change all the calculation. May bd military rise new height in coming days insh'allah. :tup:

when you guys write INSHALLAH i really feel you my first brothers.why you leave us brothers.i feel sad.

when you guys write INSHALLAH i really feel you my first brothers.why you leave us brothers.i feel sad.

......Past is past bro....lets cheer about the brighter future....and INSHALLAH a stronger pakistan and bangladesh

Aur kisne kaha we left you..... thoda nazar idhar karke dekho....hum paas hi hain.....:smokin:

Cheers!!! :cheers:

......Past is past bro....lets cheer about the brighter future....and INSHALLAH a stronger pakistan and bangladesh

Aur kisne kaha we left you..... thoda nazar idhar karke dekho....hum paas hi hain.....:smokin:

simply love you my brothers:smitten:

As we are purchasing one Squadron of fighter plane in this fiscal year, pilots must be on training.

Yah, i also came over this news today. Very hopeful one i must say....and i am awaiting.....!!!

I pray the squadron fighters are f-18 and not f-7 this time....:no:

Big plan on war weapon purchase

JS told of 10-yr dev plan for armed forces
Staff CorrespondentThe government yesterday unveiled its plans and ongoing processes of purchasing weapons of war and armoured vehicles to enhance and consolidate combat proficiency of Bangladesh Army, Navy and Air Force.

Planning Minister Air Vice Marshal (retd) AK Khandker, also in charge of the defence ministry in parliamentary affairs, yesterday notified the parliament about the government's plans and on going processes for the purchase.

He said the government has planned to buy various weapons of war and combat vehicles in the current fiscal year as part of its 10-year-long development plan for the armed forces.

Efforts have been made to purchase seven tanks and one armoured recovery vehicle for army, and 80 armoured vehicles, five armoured recovery vehicles, five armoured ambulances and two helicopters for UN peacekeeping mission, added Khandker.

"Besides, the government has approved in principle and allocated necessary funds to double the capacity of Bangladesh Ordnance Factory to produce ammunition for small arms," said the planning minister in reply to a written query from BNP lawmaker Harunur Rashid.

He said, the process of purchasing two maritime patrol aircraft through international tender and building of five patrol craft at Khulna shipyard is underway. The decision on building or purchasing two large patrol craft, a hydrographic survey vessel and one oil tanker at local or foreign shipyard is also under consideration.

In addition, the government has planned to purchase one or two old frigates for navy from other countries under government to government deal, he said, adding that process of purchasing of offshore patrol vessel from UK navy and a large patrol craft are progressing.

"The government also has plans to upgrade missile boats and patrol crafts with modern missiles to improve the combat efficiency of navy," he said.

On modernising the air force Khandker said the government has a scheme to purchase a fighter squadron, air-to-air missiles, one surface-to-air missile system, one air defence radar and two helicopters in the current fiscal year.

EXPENDITURE ON MEDICAL & TRAINING
In reply to AL lawmaker Israfil Alam's query, the planning minister also placed a report on the armed forces' previous five years' expenditure on medical and training purposes through military medical service directorate.

According to the report, since fiscal year 2005-06 Tk 338.03 crore was spent on medical purpose while Tk 1.35 crore on training.

NEW CADET COLLEGE
In response to a query from Jatiya Party lawmaker MA Jabber, the planning minister said the government has a plan to set up a women's cadet college in Gopalganj or in Khulna or Bagerhat depending on availability of land and fund.

Yah, i also came over this news today. Very hopeful one i must say....and i am awaiting.....!!!

I pray the squadron fighters are f-18 and not f-7 this time....:no:

That will be bumber say the least. I think this time we are doing pretty good in ecnomic front thus I expect this one to be impressive. perhaps some of our war mongering general squeezing awami leauge government to procure this one. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom