What's new

Bangladesh Air Force sends pilots for training on F-18 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea no training was given then, but how u r sure there is no training going on?

Why don't you prove me wrong then? Instead of bringing your imagination better shut me up with solid proof.

Does the US media provide every activities between US & Israel?

Yes it does. Unless you prove me wrong.

Are you saying, Bangladesh is Israel for US?

Then let the kids discuss. If it is 2yr old, then there must be new thing happening.

Prove it. If 2 years ago it got media coverage then why not now?

How u r sure of that??

Then prove me wrong.

GB

Gentlemen,

Especially the ill informed Gentlmen (I think u are as ill formed as most)

The "Black Knights" of VMFA-314 and several other detachments from Marine Aircraft Group 12, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, participated in the bilateral exercise between the U.S. Marine Corps and BAF Oct. 24-31.

I WONDER IF YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN EXERCISE AND WALT DISNEY JOY RIDES.

"The purpose of this exercise is to practice and learn from each other," said Wing Cmdr. Rafik, the senior BAF officer in charge of the exercise, as he addressed U.S. and Bangladeshi officers on the opening day of the exercise. "We look forward to some good, safe flying."

Sumo Tiger is part of an ongoing effort by the U.S. military to strengthen the security of Asia and the Pacific region by enhancing U.S. forces' ability to work alongside militaries throughout the region and by promoting professional relationships between exercise participants.

"The Bangladesh Air Force personnel are very professional," said Lt. Col. Flay R. Goodwin, the Black Knights commanding officer. "They have taken care of us since we got here, and it has been good to fly with them."

The exercise focused heavily on the exchange between American and Bangladeshi pilots, but aviation support personnel from both countries also shared expertise. From air traffic control to aircraft maintenance to crash fire rescue, Marines and BAF personnel teamed up to share knowledge and learn from one another.

GB

Dear GB,

Hope you did not shoot yourself in the foot while photographing yourself with an AK 47 (I have my serious doubts anyone will let you come near one of them) but by posting the above article you have certainly shot your self in the foot.

I have never claimed that BAF has been offerred F 18's yet !

As regards training where does it say NO TRAINING was given ? Please don't compare your NCC training with the training imparted during exercise.

I have corrected your outlandish theory that US Armed forces are Disney World giving joy rides to Pilots by giving you posts from your own article.

I have stated that this could be a way of putting Burma in its place and deepening relations by introducing BAF to US hardware which had stopped after 1971. You may read excerpts of your own article.

Blain also said that and as anyone with little experience knows the US displays what they expect to sell or use there in a subtle way. That is why a F 35 regularly appears over UK skies not over Indian skys yet.

Lastly and correctly I told you that instead of thinking this as a photographic session take it as TECHSMIL exercise and WAIT AND WATCH.

Regards

Dear GB,

Hope you did not shoot yourself in the foot while photographing yourself with an AK 47 (I have my serious doubts anyone will let you come near one of them) but by posting the above article you have certainly shot your self in the foot.

Personal attack. I think this is the 4th in the same thread. However I cannot fall down to your level.

I have never claimed that BAF has been offerred F 18's yet !

The thread title Bangladesh Air Force sends pilots for training on F-18 Jets

Although you haven't started the thread you are selflessly defending propaganda.

not to mention you are supposed to be neutral going by your username. However personal attacks on me and your imaginative theories doesnt prove the same.

As regards training where does it say NO TRAINING was given ?

Ok. Where does it say then? It is nothing but your own imagination.

I have corrected your outlandish theory that US Armed forces are Disney World giving joy rides to Pilots by giving you posts from your own article.

I am yet to see BAF pilots airborne on those F-18's. All they are doing is standing in front of the planes and taking pics. The one sitting in the cockpit does not wears helmet nor prepared for a flight.

I have stated that this could be a way of putting Burma in its place and deepening relations by introducing BAF to US hardware which had stopped after 1971. You may read excerpts of your own article.

F-86's in 1971 were Pakistan Air Force planes. Before Pakistani's in East surrendered to India, they were advised by the west to destroy the planes. However Indians got the planes intact, who later passed to newly formed BAF.

Blain also said that and as anyone with little experience knows the US displays what they expect to sell or use there in a subtle way. That is why a F 35 regularly appears over UK skies not over Indian skys yet.

Funny you say that. F-35 is offered to India.
F-15 has been seen in India couple of times but not offered to India yet.

So your above statement is quite contradictory considering the facts I mentioned.

WAIT AND WATCH.

Same applies to you. Apparently its not me who has painted these birds in BAF colors.

All I am asking is links/sources/proofs for what all have been claimed. Which no one has provided me yet.

GB

Gentlemen,

Especially the ill informed Gentlmen, and the Superior Mr.Neautral.

Here is the whole story behind the above pictures which are posted in this thread.

All the photos posted are from Excersice Sumo Tiger 2007. Yes this excersice occured in 2007.

The excersice was done with US Marines and not US navy. Marines did not left any F-18 behind. The F-18 was for public display especially friends and family of BAF.

This excersice was covered by US Marines official website.

MAG-12 Marines kick off Sumo Tiger in Bangladesh

Conclusions.

1) The excersice was done in October - 2007
2) It was a bilateral training excersice.
3) No training was given to Bangladeshi Air Force pilots on F-18. All the BAF pilots did was sat in cockpit, stand in front of the planes and took photos. May be the CO or couple of pilots got rides. But no training.
4) Officially no F-18's are offered to Bangladesh neither any training provided.
5) As mentioned by me earlier every activity is monitered by US military media. I have provided the link from the official US Marines press release with whom the excersice was conducted. Not Navy.
6) These were F-18 Hornets and not Super Hornets.

I hope Blain2 and other members got my point now.

Based on some 2 year old pictures the kids came up with their theories of BAF pilots getting training, F-18 offered to BAF etc.

People also came up with their lies that since this was a confidential excersice no one covered it. Contradictory to BD members claim that BD media does not cover defence related stuff, this excersice was covered by mainstream BD media. Link is provided below.

:The Daily Star: Internet Edition

The pictures posted above are from Marines squadron VMFA-314 which participated in the said excersice in 2007.

First of all:

Read my post# 129

We know about this exercise USMC and BAF.On 2007 it was Sumo-Tiger and last year it was Tiger-Shark,mainly with Navy and naval commando.I read this article a long time ago,in fact posted the pic from here because at that time I didn't have the pics that Chisty Chowdhury and Sri Lankan posted.But I had seen those pics in BDmilitary web site,when everything was public in that site.That's why I knew about a F-18 being left in BD.

Secondly,Where in the article does it mention that no F-18 was left behind?I read it thrice,no where it says "no aircraft was left behind".

How did you draw your conclusions?

Will they tell every single thing to media,when it might possibly have link to future possible purchase?

Look at the picture of BAF pilot on post # 20

Look at the background,that's not Bangladesh and certainly not Kurmitola base.

These were F-18 Hornets and not Super Hornets.

Yes,the air intake is circular,and due to the fact its a hornet,its more logical and easy to believe that BAF is probably interested in a slightly downgraded and less expensive of the Hornets.But I won't be surprised even if they are interested in Super Hornets.

Having or showing interest doesn't necessarily mean,one has to buy.

Also note the very first report from Bdmilitary site,it does not mention Super Hornet or F/A-18 E/F.

I want to know it Blain2 is going to take action against lies like

1) BD media doest not cover defence news related to BD defence
2) Topic subject which says BAF pilots are sent for training on F-18. They are not sent anywhere neither training is provided on F-18.

Untill and unless people have another confidential theories.

Sorry to spoil the party and expose the lies.

GB

I have got a homework for you,won't be around here for few days.

Try finding about C-802 missile procurement in Bangladeshi media BEFORE it was tested.Got the key word,Before.

Also try finding about what upgrades were made in Type-69 tank in mainstream Bangladeshi media.

I have seen Zee news reporting about night vision upgrades on Indian tanks,try finding out similar things in BD media.

In case of India and Pakistan,the media would have covered any new military procurement.But in case of Bangladesh,it doesn't go that way.

That's what we have been telling you,but unfortunately you pretend or perhaps simply don't try understand.

Covering an exercise isn't a big deal,no secret thing going on there.Its all public,we are talking about media coverage on procurement.Not media coverage of exercises.

So our claims still stand right.

So your point is busted.

As for pilot training,you still haven't been able prove that no F-18 was left behind nor BAF pilots are being given trainning.

That single article means nothing,it says nothing,as expected.
If a single Hornet was left behind with the intention of selling,why would the marines report it.
Especially when nothing is confirmed.

As Always Neutral said earlier,it might turn out to be nothing in the end,but this could be possibly familiarizing BAF pilots with Hornets.

We are supposed to buy fighters,so it is very very logical to think BAF pilots taking a look at the pros and cons of the AC,before any verdict is given by DG Defence Purchase. So let's wait and watch.

But you are making it look like as if we already ordered the hornets.:rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your bubbles,but it really irritates me when people act like they know everything.

Last edited:
I am yet to see BAF pilots airborne on those F-18's. All they are doing is standing in front of the planes and taking pics. The one sitting in the cockpit does not wears helmet nor prepared for a flight.

Even if we show you one,you will say,"Oh,that's probably from the joy ride"

So what's the point of posting?You will always move in circles.

sorry to bring PAF in here but I've been hearing PAF for F-16s/FC-20 talking about L-15s how long are you going to drag L-39/T-37 for say advance training of pilots for F-18..

I don't know whether or not F-18 be inducted or not,but I heard that L-59 Super Albatross may replace the L-39s.However,I am not too sure about it.

First of all:

Read my post# 129

We know about this exercise USMC and BAF.On 2007 it was Sumo-Tiger and last year it was Tiger-Shark,mainly with Navy and naval commando.I read this article a long time ago,in fact posted the pic from here because at that time I didn't have the pics that Chisty Chowdhury and Sri Lankan posted.But I had seen those pics in BDmilitary web site,when everything was public in that site.That's why I knew about a F-18 being left in BD.

It was left for public display. It flown back to US. It was not left for training, unless and otherwise you prove me wrong.

Secondly,Where in the article does it mention that no F-18 was left behind?I read it thrice,no where it says "no aircraft was left behind".

How did you draw your conclusions?

Will they tell every single thing to media,when it might possibly have link to future possible purchase?

Where does it say it was left behind? Where does it talk about training? Why dont post sources and links ans shut me forever?
Look at the picture of BAF pilot on post # 20

Look at the background,that's not Bangladesh and certainly not Kurmitola base.

These were F-18 Hornets and not Super Hornets.

Yes,the air intake is circular,and due to the fact its a hornet,its more logical and easy to believe that BAF is probably interested in a slightly downgraded and less expensive of the Hornets.But I won't be surprised even if they are interested in Super Hornets.

Having or showing interest doesn't necessarily mean,one has to buy.

Also note the very first report from Bdmilitary site,it does not mention Super Hornet or F/A-18 E/F.

Since when BD military.com became official mouthpiece? How come they have the news and info that official US media and Bangladeshi media doesnt have?

I have got a homework for you,won't be around here for few days.

Try finding about C-802 missile procurement in Bangladeshi media BEFORE it was tested.Got the key word,Before.

Also try finding about what upgrades were made in Type-69 tank in mainstream Bangladeshi media.

I have seen Zee news reporting about night vision upgrades on Indian tanks,try finding out similar things in BD media.

In case of India and Pakistan,the media would have covered any new military procurement.But in case of Bangladesh,it doesn't go that way.

Its been said time and again that BD media is not authorized to publish defence related news neither they are updated.

I did not made the above claim in Post # 88. Since I came up with mainstrea BD media sources now you are backtracking with excuses.

But you are making it look like as if we already ordered the hornets.

I didnot start the thread saying that BAF sends it pilots for F-18 training.

If they are on training for what purpose?

This is where people came up with various imaginations of theirs while every one of you fail to prove your own claims.

Sorry to burst your bubbles,but it really irritates me when people act like they know everything.

Why not to prove such people that they are wrong?

This is an internet forum. Sources and Links that counts. Not personal wet dreams and imaginations.

GB

Last edited:
Even if we show you one,you will say,"Oh,that's probably from the joy ride"

So what's the point of posting?You will always move in circles.

Why dont you post the pics to begin with?

After all you know everything and I know nothing.

GB

BD media is too much independent.
You r not doing the home work. Have u found any thing about the C-802 before testing? Yes/No.

BD media is too much independent.
You r not doing the home work. Have u found any thing about the C-802 before testing? Yes/No.

Why should I do the homework?

I have better things to do in life.

The argument from a Bangladeshi was that BD media does not cover defence related news which I proved wrong. I posted the news related to topic itself.

GB

Why should I do the homework?

I have better things to do in life.

The argument from a Bangladeshi was that BD media does not cover defence related news which I proved wrong. I posted the news related to topic itself.

GB

Gareeb Shaheeb,
Just give it a rest now. and let us discuss how F-18 super hornet going to perform over BD sky and how we will better arm and maintain them once they got here. :):)

Gareeb Shaheeb,
Just give it a rest now. and let us discuss how F-18 super hornet going to perform over BD sky and how we will better arm and maintain them once they got here. :):)

Who offered you Super Hornets to begin with?

All those planes in the photos are hornets not super hornets. First learn to distinguish between F/A-18 Hornet and F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.

Carry on. I dont want to be a part of any imagination on F-18 over Bangladeshi skies in BAF colors kicking IAF etc etc etc.

GB

garibnawaz,

Very funny and interesting indeed....

You just wrote but deleted later quickly that if you were a Bangladeshi then you would think that India is going through a MMRCA program for 126 Super Hornets. Then you would also think as Bangladeshi that what BAF can do against 126 SH together with 230 MKI.

Well, I think this exposed your greedy mentality that only IAF and not any other neighbour state's air force can have the right Or even the possibility to use those air crafts. Your tone is very clear here.

Anyway, the underlying fact of all your barking and shouting is that - you Indians do not like to see your neibour states strong in military capabilities.

And WE understand that VERY WELL. :azn:

garibnawaz,

Very funny and interesting indeed....

You just wrote but deleted later quickly that if you were a Bangladeshi then you would think that India is going through a MMRCA program for 126 Super Hornets. Then you would also think as Bangladeshi that what BAF can do against 126 SH together with 230 MKI.

Well, I think this exposed your greedy mentality that only IAF and not any other neighbour state's air force can have the right Or even the possibility to use those air crafts. Your tone is very clear here.

That is not my tone, this is the reason I edited my post.

You can have anything you want. Even F-35 or F-22 for that matter. I am least bothored, however when you claim something like that please back it up with sources links prrofs etc.

This is the simple point I have.

One more reason why I edited the post was that I didnot wanted this thread to be turned into IAF v/s BAF.

Anyway, the underlying fact of all your barking and shouting is that - you Indians do not like to see your neibour states strong in military capabilities.

And WE understand that VERY WELL. :azn:

Personal attack. Reported.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom