What's new

Bangladesh Air Force sends pilots for training on F-18 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more, the US will replace the Hornets with F-35s. I'd say around ten years time, it'll retire. Apart from the Super Hornet and Growler versions.

Apart from that, the westerner will never understand us neither our needs.
Stupid Bush wanted to make India as the regional Murubbi. This kind of approach might work in North America or in Europe but will never work in South Asia specially with Bangladesh.

wild_fire1979

Let me clear the air if I may.

Bangladesh is not a threat to India by any stretch of imagination, be it real or wild.

India has three problems with BD,

One is that of illegal immigrants.

One cannot blame Bangladesh alone for it. The Congress and the Communist have also contributed immensely to this problem so as to increase their vote banks.

Two, Islamic fundamentalists who use the BD route.

Three, sanctuary for anti India terrorist groups.

If these can be controlled, there is no problem at all with BD from the Indian standpoint.

On the other hand, Bangladesh has a lot of issues with India. It is their perception and so one cannot challenge them for it.

If these could be addressed, then the situation would be better.

It is in the interest of India that BD flourishes. It will ensure no illegals entering India. It will also encourage BD to get rid of forces and groups that inhibit their progress.

Therefore, a flourishing BD is what India wants.

Let us not go by the juvenile delights that some display over a few toys they are acquiring.

BD will continue to be no threat to India.

Stupid Bush wanted to make India as the regional Murubbi. This kind of approach might work in North America or in Europe but will never work in South Asia specially with Bangladesh.

What is a murubbi?

What exactly do you mean Bush was an idiot and it will never work especially with BD?

BD is the local Superman, Batman and Spiderman all rolled in one in Asia?

Are you sure about what you just said? The United States and the European Union do not always have the same views with regards to the world.

I think they understand us just fine. Maybe even more than ourselves. Forget about Bush, nobody will remember him.

India is currently the largest importer of weapons. Attractive market. And with the current state of the Western economies, they'll sell all right. You'll see all kinds of toys the Indians are currently buying. You should visit the Indian sub forum. Many stuff there.

The Bangladesh Air Force (Bangladesh Biman Bahini - BAF), has little combat capability and limited transport resources. The multiplicity of types of aircraft and consequent diversity in sources of spares, plus associated difficulties in training and maintenance have adversely affected operational effectiveness. Taking all these factors into account, it is likely that the BAF would find it difficult to perform in an air defence or tactical support role within an adverse environment.The BAF has been plagued by a lack of funds and vision, as well as subjected to the vagaries of political influence and allegations of corruption in procurement programmes. China continues to be the main source of combat aircraft today, illustrated most recently in 2006-07 with the delivery of a dozen CAC F-7BG fighters and four FT-7BG two-seaters.In 1999, Bangladesh obtained eight MiG-29 'Fulcrum' combat aircraft (including two UB trainers), which were declared operational by mid-2000. Given the economic situation and the cost of Western aircraft, the switch to Moscow as a source of sophisticated combat aircraft appeared inevitable, but the circumstances in which the purchase went ahead were opaque. The initiative was controversial from the beginning, with the eight aircraft, plus spares and related services, costing USD124 million, while annual operating costs were estimated at USD17.42 million. The MiGs were grounded and in July 2002 the government announced that it planned to sell them. However, at least some have been returned to service, in spite of greatly increased operating costs and problems with spares. In February 2009, immediately...
Source: http://www..com/products//index.aspx

By the way, the source is a highly reputed one.

You say Western countries don't understand us?
Explain this(?):
Muhammad Yunus Awarded US Presidential Medal of Freedom
Yunus_1.jpg

They understand us just fine. Now if we take Bangladesh as a whole, the tricky part is understanding ourselves with respect to the sociopolitical and economic challenges we face. Non of the important issues are being addressed in Bangladesh at the moment. Its the usual point scoring. Everywhere, public universities, military, foreign service, the judiciary, you name it.

With all the energy, time and space spent in all this back biting and point scoring, how do you think we can progress in all fields?

Having being living in Thailand, and seeing the advancement of countries like Indonesia, China, India, Malaysia hell even Vietnam, I can honestly say that Bangladesh is far from benchmarking those economies on nearly all fronts.

The pointless politics in Bangladesh is a waste of time. The Westerners know that. Bangladesh just becomes uninteresting and an unworthy partner in that respect.

Its not like they supported Muhammad Yunus for no reason. They want us to progress. The ones hampering the progress of our country is within our own leadership.

1. If India believes BD is providing sanctuary to its NE insurgents and providing route to "Islamic terrorists", then BD is indeed a threat to India. If BD illegal immigrants are flooding India, then again BD is a threat.

2. The question is why are insurgents and terrorists targeting India? Why can't she put her house in order? And the millions of Maoist insurgents surely did not go from BD. Nor did the Kashmiris? India should not blame others or see ghosts in the dark if her own people are unhappy.

3. So what happened to the barbed wire fences if millions of BD people are coming and going into a Maoist and secessionist infested cauldron?

4. As for BD, we certainly perceive the present state of India controlled by the Brahmonic oligarch in Delhi a threat to our national security. That is why we are looking for adequate Air Def.

2. The question is why are insurgents and terrorists targeting India? Why can't she put her house in order? And the millions of Maoist insurgents surely did not go from BD. Nor did the Kashmiris? India should not blame others or see ghosts in the dark if her own people are unhappy.

The simple reason being that terrorism just like anything else is a lucrative business. We would like to name it 'Jihad', 'Crusade' whatever. A lot of people on the top are making a lot of money. And in order to hire conscripts, they need money and a cause. So we have the CIA+RAW+MOSSAD cause that draws illiterate people and on whose name millions of dollars are earned.

Maoists are an internal Indian matter which has no bearing on BD. So why should BD care? In any country there are happy and unhappy people. Democracy gives them a chance to change the center of power. Holding the state hostage is challenging the writ of the people who they represent. And this would be met in kind.

3. So what happened to the barbed wire fences if millions of BD people are coming and going into a Maoist and secessionist infested cauldron?

The fence is there but people are so desperate that they still want to cross. Though I do not condone shooting of these people, but BD needs to get its ducks in a line too and stop simply blaming India for dealing with this illegal immigration.

4. As for BD, we certainly perceive the present state of India controlled by the Brahmonic oligarch in Delhi a threat to our national security. That is why we are looking for adequate Air Def.

Perception is based on what? The so called 'Brahmonic oligarch' has nothing to do with being a Brahmin. Brahmins are dying an equally miserable death if they are poor. The oligarch is of the rich and powerful. These people are the same in BD, India, Pakistan and USA. So your threat perception is misguided, you are still looking through the colored lenses of your religion and cultural background

PHP:
[quote="Imran Khan, post: 649408"]again i say we pakistani don't have any negative think abut you yaar.just one qes if BD hva 50 or 100 super hornets why we have problim? are they going to use against us???????? never ever so why the hell we have any problim?we congs you to standup and defencd your borders.not we sale you before many times? ask to sir murad abut gifts from PAF to BAF in past he delever that.i just try to clear this news only if you guys think i say BAF went for a charity ride i am so sorry.[/QUOTE]

if BD will benefit from the deal then who r we poke our noses in it anyway.......way to go BD

Its more than a year since I posted in this thread. No F-18's for BD yet nor the confirmation on training.

Liars.

GB

It's not even realistic for Bangladesh to procure F-18s considering how expensive they are. Even I had my doubts. Could have been just a joy ride. Although, the USMC did give away one F-18 as a gift.

The latest I hear is that BAF has shown interest in J-10. They have asked to be the
second one in Que after PAF.

The latest I hear is that BAF has shown interest in J-10. They have asked to be the
second one in Que after PAF.

It's feasible. But I really doubt if they are willing to sell the J-10B through the current AL administration. So, let's see what happens in BD's political climate. We'd have to wait.

The J-10B is a fine choice for the BAF, better than the MiG-29. Those older F-7s and A-5s should replaced. They should also look into the FC-1 for CAS operations.

@asad can you post the links abt ur BD showin interest in J-10...
I have read abt FC-1 though.

Also keepin in mind tht JF-17 Blk-I costs around 25 million $ per unit(fly away cost)... and J-10 around 40-45$.

While J-10B or FC-20 (os not for export)would only be sold to PAF as it is being developed specially for them.... with Pakistani engineers also working on it..... and even PAF pilots who r involved in testing.... and would cost more than the basic J-10.

Also keepin in mind tht JF-17 Blk-I costs around 25 million $ per unit(fly away cost)... and J-10 around 40-45$.

While J-10B or FC-20 (os not for export)would only be sold to PAF as it is being developed specially for them.... with Pakistani engineers also working on it..... and even PAF pilots who r involved in testing.... and would cost more than the basic J-10.

BD buys everything on friendship price and is the second largest buyer of Chinese weaponery. Lots of tech transfer is going on lately specially in tanks, small arms and missiles and war ship. Ofcourse China will sell anything to BD which they are willing to sell to Pakistan.

I did not know Pakistan is involved in FC-20 and J-10. They were invloved in JF-17 that I know.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

It's feasible. But I really doubt if they are willing to sell the J-10B through the current AL administration. So, let's see what happens in BD's political climate. We'd have to wait.

The J-10B is a fine choice for the BAF, better than the MiG-29. Those older F-7s and A-5s should replaced. They should also look into the FC-1 for CAS operations.

And why not? They are sellin F-22, jointly buildin navy ship, also local production of c-802 is on the card. AL more closer to Chinese than BNP.

BD buys everything on friendship price and is the second largest buyer of Chinese weaponery. Lots of tech transfer is going on lately specially in tanks, small arms and missiles and war ship. Ofcourse China will sell anything to BD which they are willing to sell to Pakistan.I did not know Pakistan is involved in FC-20 and J-10. They were invloved in JF-17 that I know.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

And why not? They are sellin F-22, jointly buildin navy ship, also local production of c-802 is on the card. AL more closer to Chinese than BNP.

Nope... it has been quoted a billion times before tht J-10B or FC-20 will not be exported to any other country except Pakistan.........

Though the J-10A is for export:
China readies J-10A fighter for export - upiasia.com

as for the PAC engs and PAF pilots... do read posts by Pshamim and Nabil who r involved with defence projects...

See the J-10B patch/badge:
ftmvyc.jpg

As for F-22s.... they r not the most advanced ships... also keep in mind tht F-22P is the most advanced,stealthy version in production... While the most advanced sub in the PLAN is being ordered by PN not to forget the Type-54/A...

1.Sorry this has not been reported in the media except certain Forums. I know this from my own social contacts is all I can say.

2.BAL will hopefully not be around when J-10 is ready for export.

3. Even the Chinese DA's office is aware of BAF's interest which has not been rejected by the Chinese. BD economy is doing good; no problem to acquire few squadrons with ground support eqpt.

4. The only issue for BD is the tendency observed post-1992 of China to balance sales between Burma and BD. BD diplomats need to work hard on this aspect.

5. Sale of the first squadron J-10 to PAF has already been confirmed by China. PAF should now concentrate on acquiring the Mighty Dragon J-20 Stealth which will be exported in 2018 at US$100 mlln a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom