What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

The thing is many Indians hate muslim generally because of their beef with Pakistan, they are just ignorants and easy to counter. :)

Well, their sheer ignorance about the ME, despite it being the cradle of civilization, also helps aside from their well-known Islamophobia. Combined it's a toxic mixture. I promised myself not to bother with such creatures and just ignore them but it is not always a success story.

@Azizam did you take a look at my 3 links in post 4098? It appears to me that the Muslim community of Sri Lanka or the "Moors" as they are called indeed appear to be descendants of Arab sailors, merchants, administrators, soldiers, Sufis, Sadah families etc. by large who then started marrying with their own community but at one point they started intermarrying with the local Sinhalese and Dravidian populations and here today they are not much different from the locals in appearance. Not much Arab about them in appearance at least.

Of course there are also those who undoubtedly are not from paternal Arab lineages but who just adopted Islam along the way and maybe intermarried with the Muslim community of Sri Lanka and there are probably also those who have no Arab/ME ancestry at all. Likewise there are probably non-Muslims in Sri Lanka who have Arab/ME ancestry. Anyway Sri Lankans seem to be of a native origins (Sinhalese and Dravidian) by far. A bit of mixing did take place though like anywhere else in the world for the past 1500 years. So at least that is certain.

The Arabs already spread Islam to Sri Lanka in the 7th century AD. So it's been a long time ago. It appears to me that it was a gradual process as Arabs controlled the main sea trade routes in the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean for centuries and had a strong presence not long ago too.

Islam in Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I only looked briefly at those 3 links yesterday but the topic seems rather interesting if you ask me.

Well, their sheer ignorance about the ME, despite it being the cradle of civilization, also helps aside from their well-known Islamophobia. Combined it's a toxic mixture. I promised myself not to bother with such creatures and just ignore them but it is not always a success story.

@Azizam did you take a look at my 3 links in post 4098? It appears to me that the Muslim community of Sri Lanka or the "Moors" as they are called indeed appear to be descendants of Arab sailors, merchants, administrators, soldiers, Sufis, Sadah families etc. by large who then started marrying with their own community but at one point they started intermarrying with the local Sinhalese and Dravidian populations and here today they are not much different from the locals in appearance. Not much Arab about them in appearance at least.

Of course there are also those who undoubtedly are not from paternal Arab lineages but who just adopted Islam along the way and maybe intermarried with the Muslim community of Sri Lanka and there are probably also those who have no Arab/ME ancestry at all. Likewise there are probably non-Muslims in Sri Lanka who have Arab/ME ancestry. Anyway Sri Lankans seem to be of a native origins (Sinhalese and Dravidian) by far. A bit of mixing did take place though like anywhere else in the world for the past 1500 years. So at least that is certain.

The Arabs already spread Islam to Sri Lanka in the 7th century AD. So it's been a long time ago. It appears to me that it was a gradual process as Arabs controlled the main sea trade routes in the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean for centuries and had a strong presence not long ago too.

Islam in Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I only looked briefly at those 3 links yesterday but the topic seems rather interesting if you ask me.
Thanks for the links. I've found some information that I didn't know about. Indeed most of them are localised but some of them do have some distinct looks especially the upper class but then again you see pockets of people with distinct looks among the majority ethnic group especially along some parts of southern coastal line. As I recall one of your sources say that Arabs have been in Sri Lanka before Islam and they later adopted Islam. Another interesting thing that I got to know recently was that remains of a 2000 years old nestorian church had been uncovered from the ancient capital So I think ancient Sri Lanka was somewhat truly multicultural and had an open society.

@Sinan

How is the exercise going ? Do you look like this yet?:p:

IMG-20140904-WA0000.jpg

I also need to go. Have a nice time and stay safe.

Yes, I am too.:lol:

@ebray

Brother, please update us a bit more about Ethiopia. It's a great country and no need to be shy. I will hold your back as I like Ethiopia if anyone starts trolling. Habesha people are very, very friendly people and friends of Arabs for a very long time.

I hope that Habesha people are now not anti-Arab because of few unfortunate incidents.

They are gone for good..They were attacking Saudis and other foreigners in many areas of Riyadh..They even attacked my younger brother with hammer even though he gave his mobile to them(That too happened in Ramadan)..They were even selling liquor and drugs in Manfouha, Yamama and in many areas..Most of them are Christians and dont belong here at all.. and Alhamdulilah everything is turn to normal now...They were getting in the Kingdom without Iqama through border.Those Saudis who let them in should also be brought to justice.

Thanks for the links. I've found some information that I didn't know about. Indeed most of them are localised but some of them do have some distinct looks especially the upper class but then again you see pockets of people with distinct looks among the majority ethnic group especially along some parts of southern coastal line. As I recall one of your sources say that Arabs have been in Sri Lanka before Islam and they later adopted Islam. Another interesting thing that I got to know recently was that remains of a 2000 years old nestorian church had been uncovered from the ancient capital So I think ancient Sri Lanka was somewhat truly multicultural and had an open society.

Yes, Arabs have indeed been present in Sri Lanka and South Asia in general long before Islam. Or any other Abrahamic/Semitic religion emerged.

The Arabian Peninsula and the Indian Subcontinent have had recorded ties as far back as 5000 years. Mostly confined to what is now Pakistan (coastal region) and all of Western and Southwestern India and Sri Lanka probably.

Trade and cultural links between ancient Arabia and ancient India date back to the third millennium BC.[1]
Heptulla, Nejma. Indo-West Asian relations: the Nehru era. Allied Publishers, 1991. ISBN 9788170233404.

I would not be surprised if the founders of the IVC originally came from the Arab world/ME either.

What surprised me was that the majority of the Muslims of Sri Lanka or "Moors/Arabs" live on the Eastern side of Sri Lanka and not the Western side which is the one that is closest to the Arabian Sea etc.

Anyway Arabs have a very long and deep history in the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean. After all it were Arabs who discovered many of the islands in the Indian Ocean and settled them first.

Examples such as Mauritius, Comoros (the Southernmost Arab country and the only Arab country located on the Southern Hemisphere), Seychelles. Jointly with the first Austronesian settlers who came from South East Asia (much more distantly located).

@Arabian Legend

Guess which country that I am maybe going to visit this upcoming summer?

Comoros.:lol:;)

And maybe "nearby" Seychelles.:yay:

They are gone for good..They were attacking Saudis and other foreigners in many areas of Riyadh..They even attacked my younger brother with hammer even though he gave his mobile to them(That too happened in Ramadan)..They were even selling liquor and drugs in Manfouha, Yamama and in many areas..Most of them are Christians and dont belong here at all.. and Alhamdulilah everything is turn to normal now...They were getting in the Kingdom without Iqama through border.Those Saudis who let them in should also be brought to justice.

Bro, I was not referring to those troublemakers but ordinary Habesha people of which many are also Muslims. We Arabs have had millennium old ties with the Horn of Africa and we should not forget Islamic history of that region either. My experience is that Habesha people are good people. I like them. I don't know anything about the Habesha migrants in Riyadh so can't comment on that but judging from the news/forums/people I know they were very bad representatives. Anyway Manfouha is a hellhole full of illegal migrants.:lol:

The thing is many Indians hate muslim generally because of their beef with Pakistan, they are just ignorants and easy to counter. :)

It is not just their beef with Pakistan, many hindu nationalists hate all Muslims. You should see how they use the word Turk as a slur and celebrate the fact that the heirs of the Mughals now live in poverty. Not to mention one other hindutva troll just a few days ago was talking about nuking "sites west of Pakistan" if there is an exchange between IndoPak. Now we all know what said troll meant by sites west of Pakistan.

@al-Hasani Tom will be a big day for me if Al-Hilal and Madrid won the game. :yes4:

I am down with a flu and just wasting time crushing skulls in some threads. Took a 1 week break from PDF due to the workload. Now I got a bit of time.

Yes, it will be a great sports day. I will be cheering for you guys against that Australian team that I do not remember the name of. It would be very big if we could take part in that FIFA Club World Cup in December. I think that Morocco will host it.

Also do not forget that Al-Ittihad is number 1 in the league. All games won.:lol:;)

Yes tomorrow also Barca and Real play against each other and it will be an exciting game but I will be cheering for this guy and his team.

:lol:

Did you watch KSA against Uruguay and that late equalizer by Hawsawi? If not you can watch the full game here in this link below;

Or still in Canada?

Also do not forget Gulf Cup soon. Next month. At home. Games played at King Abdullah Sports City etc. I hope that we win. In January Asian Cup in Australia were we will hopefully win our 4th title and equalize with Japan!

AFC Asian Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
@al-Hasani @Mosamania
Guys what is the annual budget for arms purchases of KSA?
BTW, where is @Yzd Khalifa ?

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Around those figures. Not all of the expenditures are actually spent on the military. Mosab can elaborate further on that.

Khalifa is still here lurking. I think that he is busy with work and if not that then he must have just taken a break from PDF which many of us need. I do at least.:lol:;)

I am down with a flu and just wasting time crushing skulls in some threads. Took a 1 week break from PDF due to the workload. Now I got a bit of time.

Yes, it will be a great sports day. I will be cheering for you guys against that Australian team that I do not remember the name of. It would be very big if we could take part in that FIFA Club World Cup in December. I think that Morocco will host it.

Also do not forget that Al-Ittihad is number 1 in the league. All games won.:lol:;)

Yes tomorrow also Barca and Real play against each other and it will be an exciting game but I will be cheering for this guy and his team.

:lol:

Did you watch KSA against Uruguay and that late equalizer by Hawsawi? If not you can watch the full game here in this link below;

Or still in Canada?

Also do not forget Gulf Cup soon. Next month. At home. Games played at King Abdullah Sports City etc. I hope that we win. In January Asian Cup in Australia were we will hopefully win our 4th title and equalize with Japan!

AFC Asian Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah I feel you, me also got lots of work to do. Lot's of exams every now and then. Wish ya luck.

Al-hilal is playing against Sydney. There lots of hope that we will win the game. Im very optimistic about it.

Al-ittihad is doing very good job this season despite the difficulties they have been going through since the past three years. Me don't care about the local league at the moment. I just want Al-Hilal to win this cup.

Yeah I watched the game, we could have won the game easily. The goal Uruguay scored was the fault of one of the defense players. Nevertheless we performed well. Yeah Im still in Canada just got back form home after Ramadan.

I subscribed to all the Arabic channels over here so that I don't miss anything, plus I can watch online over the internet if I was not at my place. Tomorrow Real Madrid is going to win. Get yourself ready buy some napkins.:P

Last edited:
List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Around those figures. Not all of the expenditures are actually spent on the military. Mosab can elaborate further on that.
yeah, Khalifa previously explained that it is not just about actual military expenditure. what İ am interested in, is an estimation of just annual arms purchases.
Khalifa is still here lurking. I think that he is busy with work and if not that then he must have just taken a break from PDF which many of us need. I do at least.:lol:;)
yeah :lol:

Back
Top Bottom