What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

wow 200,000? :o: I did no know that. I just thought that some Circassian have emigrated there from former Ottoman empire, and didn't know there are also this much turks living there.

My mother's side of the family is actually of Turkce ancestry, and I do have extended family members in Yalova, Turkey. So yeah, there is about 200,000 people of Turkish ancestry in Saudi Arabia at least if not more.

Like someone said once, Saudi Arabia was a huge immigration location, "the America of the Muslim world" for a time, so there are many races and different origins of people, but they are all Saudis. We have South Asian, South East Asians, Turkish, African, Chinese and European origins. Prior to the 2000s the Saudi military had a rule to only employ only people who have Arabic Tribal paternal and maternal ancestry, with this rule dissolved (due to having more than 50% of the population actually without a tribal ancestry on either paternal and maternal side), now you see if you go through Saudi military pictures, people from Asian, Turkish, African and European ancestry in the military.

Last edited:
My mother's side of the family is actually of Turkce ancestry, and I do have extended family members in Yalova, Turkey. So yeah, there is about 200,000 people of Turkish ancestry in Saudi Arabia at least if not more.

Like someone said once, Saudi Arabia was a huge immigration location, "the America of the Muslim world" for a time, so there are many races and different origins of people, but they are all Saudis. We have South Asian, South East Asians, Turkish, African, Chinese and European origins. Prior to the 2000s the Saudi military had a rule to only employ only people who have Arabic Tribal paternal and maternal ancestry, with this rule dissolved (due to having more than 50% of the population actually without a tribal ancestry on either paternal and maternal side), now you see if you go through Saudi military pictures, people from Asian, Turkish, African and European ancestry in the military.

Correct but it has to be stated that the vast majority of people, even those without tribal ties etc. are Arabs either from within KSA or from nearby countries. People of Yemeni origins for instance are the second biggest group after the "natives" but now both are Saudi Arabians on a equal footing. Also most of the diversity is confined to Hijaz and Eastern Arabia (Eastern Province) and to a lesser extent Najd. I don't know about the Northern Regions tough so can't comment on that but it would surprise me if it was anything other than Anizzah dominated territory with tribal/ancestral ties to nearby Iraq and Sham.

Last edited:
@al-Hasani

Yes, talking about our terrorist they are under control now. Actually the movement has been started long time ago, we had huge war with them before in the past. At some degree, Aceh war can be seen as part of them in term of the history concern.

Yes, generally we are Safii follower, but for Todays Muslim, we are not really that fanatic, so 4 madzab can be taught simultaneously. The thing that is quite unique for Indonesian case is that we are lucky to have Muslim leaders that favor moderate Islam. In my opinion, the real Islam is the moderate one.

In term of Sufism teaching, as I see it as another important aspect to moderate our type of Islam, I can say that some people just learn it from classic book directly. It is for the educated one. But, for uneducated people (the majority), they learned it from their cleric. What I mean "educated" in here is not in term of formal education, but in term of how well their understanding about religion + adequate analytical skills.

I want to also add that there are two big grouping in Indonesia in relation to Islamic Teaching. Nahdatul Ulama (NU) which is more Sufism oriented (old teaching) and Muhammadiyah which is the first Wahhabi movement in Indonesia, but this group also use intellectual and democratic approach in their teaching.

The emergence of this group is relatively in the same time with Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Later, Muhammadiyah embraces Sufism as well. But the Sufism they use is the kind of Sufism that is cleaned from any wrong act that is not in line with Quran and Hadist. One of the famous leader of Muhammadiyah is also making a Sufi book. Tasawuf Moderen. This person is also from West Sumatra like me. He is so famous, and even though he has passed away, many of his students shape Todays Indonesia Islamic Teaching.

View attachment 127766

View attachment 127761
Hamka (born in 1908)

Actually there are only two tribes/ethnic in Indonesia that are so famous for their trading and voyagers which are Minang Kabau from West Sumatra and Bugis from Sulawesi Island. Indonesia has around 300 different ethnic, but 50 % of them are Javanese and Sundanese. Maybe because our land is not as good as Java. I am myself living in Jakarta, at Java, it means I don't live in West Sumatra.

Most of us are in the big group of Malay, which is comprised of most Indonesian/Malaysian/Brunei/some Singaporean/ Most Philippines. So we are related with Mindanao people as well.

Bugis people living in Sulawesi has more relation with Mindanao people since they are very close geographically

Minang Kabau/Bugis Blood
View attachment 127769
Marini Zumarnis

Malaysian who has Bugis Blood
View attachment 127770View attachment 127768
Lisa Surihani

That's great to hear.

Well, I have no problem with drawing inspiration from other madahib. I am just saying that the Shafi'i madahib has clearly shown throughout history to be tolerant. In other words it has a track record to back that claim up with. I agree. Fanatic beliefs in all shapes and forms are dangerous and harmful.

"Wahhabi movement"? You mean Hanbali fiqh right? The more conservative approach of Sunni Islam on certain areas?:)

So you yourself are a Shafi'i with tendencies of Sufi thoughts? Interesting. That was traditionally the practice in Hijaz and to some extent still is.

The biggest recent exponent of it was this thread cleric and man; He was not Shafi'i but Maliki.

Muhammad Alawi al-Maliki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the description regarding recent history, movements of people and how they are connected. Interesting.

Last edited:
@1000

What are you comments about this?

The Iranian Arabs are very close to the Southern Iraqi Arabs and not only KSA/Kuwait.

This is contradictory to what our friend Nasrallah says;

Iran is behaving badly as usual despite having been an Arab colony for the past 1400 years.

If they continue their criminal behavior the Arab world should team up and invade them once again and give them an unforgettable spanking that might send the Farsis back to their original homeland, the barren, flat and landlocked Pontic Steppe.

Last edited:
Is Hazzy permabanned.

Hopefully not. We need him when we will spank the Farsis in the future once again as usual.

@Hazzy997 if you are reading this then we count on you! Our colony Iran is behaving badly against its Arab minority.

Hopefully not. We need him when we will spank the Farsis in the future once again as usual.

@Hazzy997 if you are reading this then we count on you!

If you try to do the @ and put his name in, it doesn't pop up.

@haz

Poor Hazzy. I liked the kid.

@rmi5 you were scared of a little Palestinian kid? Shame on you.

The worst he could have done was throw a rock at you through the computer.

Last edited:
I miss my brother Hazzy
@al-Hasani How's life ?
Are you still keeping the Zoroastrians in check ? :yahoo:

All is well bro. How about you and did you have blessed Eid Al-Adha?

Of course I always keep the Farsis in check. All you need to do is to stick to historical facts from pre-Islamic and Islamic times after all and their entire world falls apart.:laughcry:

Yes, the forum is boring without him. Anyway the whole situation in the Muslim and Arab world is disturbing to witness currently. Lot's of problems and barely any end to them.

@ebray

That's great to hear. You are always welcome here bro!

Eid was great bro.
How about you ? Did you go much some lizard.
:unsure:

Yes, of course. Fried with rice, tomato and chili sauce and fresh vegetables. Delicious as grilled chicken. The Uromastyx is not poisonous and is only eating plants as well. The Najdis know that they do. I am yet to try it but I would rather eat that then dozens of strange Asian and African foods. This is basically "our" (I am not a Najdi) strangest food. I think that it started with a Najdi looking for food during a draught and then he caught an Uromastyx and later it evolved into an delicacy. Stranger things could have happened after all.

Farsis eat brain and cow/goat/sheep heads.

Can I ban myself from PDF or shall I do a @Fukuoka ?! I got a busy week and time ahead of me. PDF is a hindrance for that.

@rmi5

I am on an epic troll-like raid. It seems that an Indian is disappointed that you are not backing the Mullah's up and that we had an epic discussion without crossing any lines until Shakur Zol Aktaf reappeared with his double user.

I also wonder if that mohsenam troll is raging on some Iranian Mullah forum.

:lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom