What's new

Another idiot criticizing Pakistan

Asking the dead for help instead of Allah and praying towards shrine seems pretty shirk-ish to me.

You should reconsider how easily you accuse people of shirk. Unfortunately it's become a trait within brothers who call themselves salafi.

First and foremost, nobody prays to the grave. People offer prays at the grave, but all prayers are offered to Allah. People who participate in this often ask Allah to provide them with something for the sake of the beloved awliya they have visited, or intend to visit etc.

Secondly there is some Islamic evidence to support the practice of asking people to interceed on your behalf - it is not made up entirely. http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2011/07/02/is-it-permissible-to-make-tawassul-through-awliya-saints/

Whether you choose to accept this as good enough or not, is up to you. I personally come from a barelvi background and don't really know what to make of it all. I've always taken the stance of better to be safe than sorry. Unfortunately a lot of the detailed literature is in Urdu, a language I read at a primary school level... LOL :( I would even agree that there are uneducated people who do commit acts of shirk at darbars etc, but i think most of it is from jahiliya. The sufi awliya and imams do not condone or teach any of the jahiliya we see practiced sometimes at shrines.

I don't ask you to consider this acceptable, but I do ask you to take a minute to stop and think before you label people and their practises. It's not just you, or the salafi's - i've seen it just as bad on the other side. I read some content once where a barweli imam was trying to convince the reader that the deobandi's think God has a hand just like men do, hence are commiting shirk or kufr or whatever just like men do, whereas if you read the deobandi materials they don't claim it to be just like a mans hand - that is an exageration of their beliefs.

Too many divisions have been created in Islam based on exagerations.

on which thing? He says multiple things..
Mr. Green makes too many hasty generalizations about Pakistan.

What about UK where he comes from?

Prostitution in legal in UK, alcohol is legal in UK.
I can talk all horrible social problems in UK.

Most Christians in UK commit the worst shirk, Christians in UK believe Jesus is the son of God, Astuckfrillah.

He is telling truth.
then we are sophist

quote-there-are-no-eternal-facts-as-there-are-no-absolute-truths-friedrich-nietzsche-21-46-27.jpg

Brother, with all due respect I humbly disagree with your comment. You have taken a very fallacious and self-defeating position with that statement. NO, western countries do NOT have more islamic values than Muslim countries. Yes they have good in their society and certain aspects of their system works BUT that doesn't make them more islamic than muslim countries. How can they be Islamic when they DO NOT acknowledge the absolute oneness of Allah (swt) and believe in the messengers He sent. Heck they do NOT even believe in Jesus (peace be upon him) but the majority there are now increasingly subscribing to the satanistic religion of liberalism where all Abrahamic religion is implicitly frowned upon.

Even during time of Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) there were good decent non-muslims and non-muslim countries like ABisiniyah where Muslims found refuge. But you won't find the sahabas and later Muslim scholars and historians calling christian state of ABisiniyah Islamic.

That statement you made was first made by a intellectually colonized Muslim thinker called Muhammad Abduh in the 19th century. Overwhelmed by western materialistic superiority and muslim world's materialistic inferiority he resorted to such fallacies to justify his unislamic ideas & conclusions he came to.

Islamic laws are the system that defines relations of a government with it's people. The relations between public and govt in Pakistan, or in any other Muslim country are not based on Islam.
So these are not Islamic countries, not even a single one. Yes, they are Muslim majority countries.

To implement an Islamic law you don't have to be a Muslim, and with implementation of that law, you will be enjoying all the worldly fruits of that law.

Not very long ago, in wild wild west they were worse than today's Muslims. But they accept their corruption and Muslims hide it. Yes, they looked at Muslim world in Spain and start changing when their students came back home from there, my German professor told me.

Islamic laws are the system that defines relations of a government with it's people. The relations between public and govt in Pakistan, or in any other Muslim country are not based on Islam.
So these are not Islamic countries, not even a single one. Yes, they are Muslim majority countries.

To implement an Islamic law you don't have to be a Muslim, and with implementation of that law, you will be enjoying all the worldly fruits of that law.

Not very long ago, in wild wild west they were worse than today's Muslims. But they accept their corruption and Muslims hide it. Yes, they looked at Muslim world in Spain and start changing when their students came back home from there, my German professor told me.

Correction:

The relationship between Pakistani state and its people is the noble peaceful Islam.

I consider your above post to be anti two nation theory and Pakistan.

Care to justify?

Are you implying anyone not following your sect is a prostitute? Very sectarian of you.
No - i had no such intention - i have no sect - im a Muslim period
Its just sad to see these new 'types' of muslim breeds coming out every other day

You should reconsider how easily you accuse people of shirk. Unfortunately it's become a trait within brothers who call themselves salafi.

First and foremost, nobody prays to the grave. People offer prays at the grave, but all prayers are offered to Allah. People who participate in this often ask Allah to provide them with something for the sake of the beloved awliya they have visited, or intend to visit etc.

Secondly there is some Islamic evidence to support the practice of asking people to interceed on your behalf - it is not made up entirely. http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2011/07/02/is-it-permissible-to-make-tawassul-through-awliya-saints/

Whether you choose to accept this as good enough or not, is up to you. I personally come from a barelvi background and don't really know what to make of it all. I've always taken the stance of better to be safe than sorry. Unfortunately a lot of the detailed literature is in Urdu, a language I read at a primary school level... LOL :( I would even agree that there are uneducated people who do commit acts of shirk at darbars etc, but i think most of it is from jahiliya. The sufi awliya and imams do not condone or teach any of the jahiliya we see practiced sometimes at shrines.

I don't ask you to consider this acceptable, but I do ask you to take a minute to stop and think before you label people and their practises. It's not just you, or the salafi's - i've seen it just as bad on the other side. I read some content once where a barweli imam was trying to convince the reader that the deobandi's think God has a hand just like men do, hence are commiting shirk or kufr or whatever just like men do, whereas if you read the deobandi materials they don't claim it to be just like a mans hand - that is an exageration of their beliefs.

Too many divisions have been created in Islam based on exagerations.

I've look into this, I tried to make excuses but I just couldn't.

So as much as I hate to say it, many Pakistanis (probably even most) commit shirk.

I've look into this, I tried to make excuses but I just couldn't.

So as much as I hate to say it, many Pakistanis (probably even most) commit shirk.
Now that is an exaggeration.

Most Pakistanis do not commit shirk.

Pakistanis are among the most conservative Muslims in the world.

Now that is an exaggeration.

Most Pakistanis do not commit shirk.

Pakistanis are among the most conservative Muslims in the world.

It's not. Shrines are, in my opinion, shirk and tbh there's ample proof for this.

Pakistanis are mixed. Some are conservative, but most are not and even the conservative ones have liberal views in many areas such as gender interaction, music and dancing, etc.

Back
Top Bottom