What's new

Afghan Air Force receives two C-130H : More on the way!

As for now there is no reason for AAF to get advanced jets like F-15, F-16 or even Russian jets.
We are already getting 20 EMB 314's, for CAS operations, and precision bombing.
The EMB 314 is all Afghanistan need for now, it offers multiple strike opportunities against insurgents.
And when the BSA is signed, Afghanistan will have nothing to worry about, even airspace violations by other countries, because the US jets placed in Afghanistan after 2014, will serve as AAF's 2nd wing.
although i think Afghanistan and US should consider the L-159's for AAF, it's a cheap and simple maintainable Aircraft, fulfilling all Afghanistans need for this decade, and maybe even for the next decade.
l-159a_1.jpg

@Afghan-India - What about the TAI Hurkus (Trainer & Light Attack Aircraft for COIN Operations) that the Turks have come up with ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish peace returns to Afghanistan soon, InshAllah. I've been wanting to visit Afghanistan for years. All the best Afghan Air Force!

@Afghan-India - What about the TAI Hurkus (Trainer & Light Attack Aircraft for COIN Operations) that the Turks have come up with ?

Well the EMB 314 deal is already sealed, and having 2 types of aircrafts able to perform the same job is unnecessary and will only get the costs of operating increased.
We should also remember that the conflict with Taliban can end anytime, and then it would be unlogical to have 2 different types of COIN/CAS aircrafts for no use.
If the conflict should end faster than expected then the EMB 314 will be used as trainers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish peace returns to Afghanistan soon, InshAllah. I've been wanting to visit Afghanistan for years. All the best Afghan Air Force!

Make sure you pass yourself as an Indian - it seems to be the only sure way Pakistanis can escape harassment in Afghanistan.

Make sure you pass yourself as an Indian - it seems to be the only sure way Pakistanis can escape harassment in Afghanistan.
Stop your BS, many Pakistani engineers and others work and live in Afghanistan, without being violated.

Govt of Afghanistan should somehow force USA to transfer Predators along with a stockpile of hellfire to be operated by ANA or Afghan air force officials.

Or else Even the Pakistani k-8 is good for CAS role.and very cheap aswell

JiaoLian-8+%2528JL-8%2529+K-8+Karakorum+Light+Attack+Jet+Trainer+Aircraft+rocket+gun+pod+Hongdu+Aviation+Industry+Corporation+%2528HAIC%2529+of+China+Aeronautical+Complex+%2528PAC%2529++Pakistan+Air+Force+%2528PAF%2529+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+%25284%2529.jpg

JiaoLian-8+%2528JL-8%2529+K-8+Karakorum+Light+Attack+Jet+Trainer+Aircraft+rocket+gun+pod+Hongdu+Aviation+Industry+Corporation+%2528HAIC%2529+of+China+Aeronautical+Complex+%2528PAC%2529++Pakistan+Air+Force+%2528PAF%2529+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Ai+%25282%2529.jpg

As for now there is no reason for AAF to get advanced jets like F-15, F-16 or even Russian jets.
We are already getting 20 EMB 314's, for CAS operations, and precision bombing.
The EMB 314 is all Afghanistan need for now, it offers multiple strike opportunities against insurgents.
And when the BSA is signed, Afghanistan will have nothing to worry about, even airspace violations by other countries, because the US jets placed in Afghanistan after 2014, will serve as AAF's 2nd wing.
although i think Afghanistan and US should consider the L-159's for AAF, it's a cheap and simple maintainable Aircraft, fulfilling all Afghanistans need for this decade, and maybe even for the next decade.
l-159a_1.jpg

what your take on IAI Kfir Block-60???they're more capable than L-159 equipped with EL/M-2032 AESA radar and modern avionics and armaments while within very affordable cost,around $20 mil/unit,while L-159 costs around $15-17 mil/unit.

I don't usually have the time or the energy to respond to these sort of malicious posts as I consider them as spam but this is just beyond me, stop spreading hatred between neighbors! Your are sitting somewhere in the US quoting some news articles out of context and malign the whole Afghan nation as they have nothing else to do but pick on Pakistanis who live or work in Afghanistan.

To all those Pakistani civilians out here who plan to visit or work in Afghanistan we offer nothing but love, please visit Afghanistan and we offer our best wishes to you.

Furthermore I am sure you are aware of the treatment the Afghans receive at the hands of (Some) Pakistani police in the cities such Peshawar etc but that doesn't give me the right to malign the whole Pakistani nations!

We have huge issues with your establishment and their polices of considering Afghanistan as subservient or client state but people-people relationships are stronger than ever!

//Peace

I don't usually have the time or the energy to respond to these sort of malicious posts as I consider them as spam but this is just beyond me, stop spreading hatred between neighbors! Your are sitting somewhere in the US quoting some news articles out of context and malign the whole Afghan nation as they have nothing else to do but pick on Pakistanis who live or work in Afghanistan.

To all those Pakistani civilians out here who plan to visit or work in Afghanistan we offer nothing but love, please visit Afghanistan and we offer our best wishes to you.

Furthermore I am sure you are aware of the treatment the Afghans receive at the hands of (Some) Pakistani police in the cities such Peshawar etc but that doesn't give me the right to malign the whole Pakistani nations!

We have huge issues with your establishment and their polices of considering Afghanistan as subservient or client state but people-people relationships are stronger than ever!

//Peace

what your take on IAI Kfir Block-60???they're more capable than L-159 equipped with EL/M-2032 AESA radar and modern avionics and armaments while within very affordable cost,around $20 mil/unit,while L-159 costs around $15-17 mil/unit.

An IAI jet in the AAF is unthinkable, even though we share common interest in the region, then our people hates eachother a lot.
The Kfir is a real fighter, AAF need a mix of a fighter/COIN/CAS/training.
The reason why the L-159 is more suitable for the AAF is that the AAF already have alot experince with Czech weapons, and have even/still operating l-39 jets that makes maintenance easier and more affordable.

The real question is how they are going to maintain the airfleet post 2014.

The AF personnel should be American ones( at least majority) even after 2014.

The real question is how they are going to maintain the airfleet post 2014.

The AF personnel should be American ones( at least majority) even after 2014.

The best solution is if Afghan maintain their own fleet, and American stick to their TAS mission.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom