What's new

Afghan Air Force receives two C-130H : More on the way!

F-15s for air superiority over the Taliban air force?:undecided:

not Taliban dude..do we have Su-30 for ULFA??? :azn:

Afghanistan's forces have to evolved from counter-terrorism fighting forces to a professional force.so,that is inevitable.

Man believe it or not these American generals are the most corrupt people I have ever known, they have wasted many many billions of dollars in Afghanistan on contracts alike C-27s; Afghanistan had never got the choice to choose in first place we have many many times given them the requirements of Afghan air force but they aren't interested in that and I really don't know what would be the faith of those C-27s in Afghan inventory but surely we need 8 to 12 C-130Hs to support our forces.

And Afghan government requested the purchase of Su-27s in 2011 and got rejected by the donors mainly because it was Russian. So for the long run US will try hard to make us like their or their ally's weapons.

True you guys have to buy from NATO inventory even if the weapons don't suit your terrain because the money given as military aid cannot be used on Russian or Chinese products, Pakistan faces the same thing when it comes to military aid from US. Eventually though if your economy picks up you can go shopping.

not Taliban dude..do we have Su-30 for ULFA??? :azn:

Afghanistan's forces have to evolved from counter-terrorism fighting forces to a professional force.so,that is inevitable.

It is far from inevitable. In fact it is impossible in the foreseeable future.

We don't have MKIs for ULFA, we have professional air forces we need to counter. MKIs are for air superiority against pak of china, not ULFA.

Afghanistan's only war will be against Taliban for a long time to come. Maintaining an air force, especially a fleet of heavy, twin engine jets is a very expensive proposition that only a handful of countries can afford. Even Pakistan, with the 7th largest military on the planet, cannot afford to have F-15 class of aircrafts - they just won't bring enough value for money. Light, single engined F-16s are the most expensive toys they can afford. Why do you think that even though they need to counter the IAF, they haven't purchased heavy class of fighters? Because it would stretch their budget to unmanageable limits. So to imagine that the poorest nation on earth is going to maintain a fleet of F-15s is just unthinkable.

Afghanistan is not going to fly air superiority missions for a long time to come.

Once afghan airforce becomes strong we will need it to eliminate our own Taliban hiding in state institutions!

buddy,don't you think that F-15E will suit you guys more??as Su-30 is Russian weapon,USA might find it hard to support in sector of spares.I think you guys need something like Su-25 for ground attack and F-15/Mig-29(F-15E can perform both job though) for air superiority.though its not clear if AAF will ever get F-15.as for super Tunaco,its great for CAS,but you guys need to evolve your AF.so,if you guys buy any 4th gen jets,i think it'll be USA who you should look for,as they're supporting you guys.

F-15E for the AAF ... wow ... this is a point of serious discussion ... OK

Any damn air aggressor.

For that you need interceptors - light, small, short ranged, fast, cheap single engined machines that take off and fire missiles at the air aggressors. Not expensive, heavy, twin engined air superiority fighters designed for air superiority and long range strikes.

Make no mistake, it is one of the most expensive and potent aircrafts flying in the world today, and there is no chance of Afghanistan purchasing or operating them. That would be beyond stupidity, for afgh to contemplate F-15s. There are far more important ways to spend money.

why???2 years ago,operating C-130 by AAF would get same response from you..so what is the problem with F-15???

There are, what, 4 nations that fly the F-15: USA, Israel, KSA, Japan.
EDIT: South Korea and Singapore are recent customers

There is a reason for that: it is one of the most expensive and complex platforms out there. Initially the Israelis had stuff stripped out of their initial models to make it more affordable.

The F-15 squadrons in the US, I believe have had readiness problems because of the cost and complexity maintaining them.

What I would like to say really is: are you out of your ******* mind? - but forum decorum demands that I do not.

I try not comment of stuff I don't know a lot about - but if memory serves me right the F-15e is a deep penetration strike aircraft, probably the most expensive one of its generation - designed to replace the f-111 - I guess Afghanistan will need to strike deep into the heart of Bratislava soon.

But I guess the joke's on me - I'm arguing with an 8 year old and if say in the remote case your are older than 21 we should all nominate your for the Darwin prize.

There are, what, 4 nations that fly the F-15: USA, Israel, KSA, Japan.
EDIT: South Korea and Singapore are recent customers

There is a reason for that: it is one of the most expensive and complex platforms out there. Initially the Israelis had stuff stripped out of their initial models to make it more affordable.

The F-15 squadrons in the US, I believe have had readiness problems because of the cost and complexity maintaining them.

What I would like to say really is: are you out of your ******* mind? - but forum decorum demands that I do not.

I try not comment of stuff I don't know a lot about - but if memory serves me right the F-15e is a deep penetration strike aircraft, probably the most expensive one of its generation - designed to replace the f-111 - I guess Afghanistan will need to strike deep into the heart of Bratislava soon.

But I guess the joke's on me - I'm arguing with an 8 year old and if say in the remote case your are older than 21 we should all nominate your for the Darwin prize.

look,I know you're freaking out by just listening the idea,but is that too hard to afford some 4th gen jets like F-15??look at Sudan,they're one of the failed states as well as they've Civil war for decades.yet they afford to keep some good number 4th of jets(they operate Mig-29 2 SQD,Su-24,Su-25,1 sqd each and other 3rd gen jets as well).

and are you kidding about the cost of F-15??they costs around $30 mil,comparable with Mig-29 while Su-30 is far far more expensive.and F-15 is a deep penetration fighter Jet??LOL..some version of it,like E and SE are customized strike jet,but actually its an Air Superiority jet.

and its not F-15E which is most costly(as it costs around $30-35Mil),its F-15SE,which is launched recently which has some stealth features and costs around $100 mil.

seriously,you should read about platforms before making comments here..that should be the first step.

look,I know you're freaking out by just listening the idea,but is that too hard to afford some 4th gen jets like F-15??look at Sudan,they're one of the failed states as well as they've Civil war for decades.yet they afford to keep some good number 4th of jets(they operate Mig-29 2 SQD,Su-24,Su-25,1 sqd each and other 3rd gen jets as well).

and are you kidding about the cost of F-15??they costs around $30 mil,comparable with Mig-29 while Su-30 is far far more expensive.and F-15 is a deep penetration fighter Jet??LOL..some version of it,like E and SE are customized strike jet,but actually its an Air Superiority jet.

and its not F-15E which is most costly(as it costs around $30-35Mil),its F-15SE,which is launched recently which has some stealth features and costs around $100 mil.

seriously,you should read about platforms before making comments here..that should be the first step.

You math is so moronic that I really don't want to respond. You are using the fly away cost of an aircraft to comment on what it takes to keep a fleet air worthy?

The is F-15 get cited as one of the most expensive jets to keep up in its class.

FYI: Darwin Awards

You math is so moronic that I really don't want to respond. You are using the fly away cost of an aircraft to comment on what it takes to keep a fleet air worthy?

The is F-15 get cited as one of the most expensive jets to keep up in its class.

FYI: Darwin Awards

I know its flyaway cost(this was the basis of actual cost calculation till few years ago.now like IAF,they're pursuing Lifetime cost).but same goes for other jets as well..you can find any version's of F-15's cost in net and you'll see most cost willn't exceed $35 mil(right now,around $42 mil).and now if you want to calculate its lifetime cost,you should try to dig out Korean Competition.you'll still found it costs less than Sukhoi or Mig,as these are more prone to repairs,while F-15 might find itself ready to fly around 75-80% of its lifetime,Sukhoi might sit 30-40% times in hanger.

nobody is using flyaway cost of an aircraft to think if its suitable for an AF.its the objective what it'll fulfill.but for you,both are same.if you need a dedicated 4th gen Air superiority jet with good A2G capability,it'll cost something like that.not every country is lucky to get free F-16s like PAF(c/d of F-16 costs around same).

you're basing your argument on "I heard"..so the prize goes to you noob.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom