What's new

Afghan Air Force receives two C-130H : More on the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you on about? Pakistan has been looking to replace its aging C-130H fleet with a better platform, while the AAF has just gotten these obsolete aircrafts.

are you sure that C-130H is an obsolete platform??cause India too use them and we just bought these..there is no aircraft in C-130's category in this world which can beat its capability..

We are exactly going to use them for anti insurgent operations.
The Afghan infrastructure is not good and secure enough forlarger movement of military personal, therefore these will airlift troops to combat areas.

It is good and congrats afghanies, it is good because, stable Afghanistan so in result we get stable PAKISTAN :pakistan:, but i think that some one should think on the stability of Kashmir:flame:, i think wise people need only signal.:hitwall:

131009-F-BX031-578.jpg

An Afghan Air Force C-130 taxis onto the ramp under celebratory streams of water during a ceremony Oct. 9, 2013 at Kabul International Airport, Afghanistan. This plane is one of two newly delivered C-130H models to the AAF. With the addition of the C-130 to the inventory, the AAF now has six different aircraft, which offer a wide variety of capabilities. The aircraft provides medium airlift capabilities, allowing for better range as well as increased passenger and cargo movement. The C-130H can cross the entirety of Afghanistan without refueling and can carry 10 times the amount of cargo of a Cessna 208, another aircraft in the AAF inventory. (U.S. Air Force photo/Capt. Anastasia Wasem)

131009-F-BX031-621.JPG

Afghan Air Force 1st Lt. Khial Shinwari, C-130 pilot, raises the Afghan flag as one of two of the newly delivered C-130H models to the AAF taxis onto the ramp during a ceremony Oct. 9, 2013 at Kabul International Airport, Afghanistan. Shinwari is one of the two first AAF C-130 pilots. Adding the C-130 to the AAF inventory provides medium airlift capabilities for the AAF, allowing for better range as well as increased passenger and cargo movement. The C-130H can cross the entirety of Afghanistan without refueling and can carry 10 times the amount of cargo of a Cessna 208, another aircraft in the AAF inventory. (U.S. Air Force photo/Capt. Anastasia Wasem)

131009-F-BX031-001.JPG

Afghan Air Force pilots 1st Lt. Khial Shinwari (left) and Col. Almal Pacha (right) are the first two C-130 pilots in the AAF. They attended training at Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark., and returned to Afghanistan at the beginning of October. Shinwari and Pacha will continue training in Afghanistan with advisors from NATO Air Training Command-Afghanistan. (U.S. Air Force photo/Capt. Anastasia Wasem)

are you sure that C-130H is an obsolete platform??cause India too use them and we just bought these..there is no aircraft in C-130's category in this world which can beat its capability..

India is using C-130 J Super Hercules plane which is way more capable than older version.

C-130H is one generation older than C-130J, the C-130J is more updater and the newest/current version of the C-130 family. Both are very capable aircrafts and are in use in the US military in large numbers.

So does that mean that our MMA match is off ? :cray:

On Topic - the C-130s are a hell of a bird ! :tup:

If you want to fight it the we will do so, but MMA fighters dosen't see eachother as enemies, we are freind and aware of not hurting eachother.:azn:

If you want to fight it the we will do so, but MMA fighters dosen't see eachother as enemies, we are freind and aware of not hurting eachother.:azn:

You'd better not be like @Sher Malang - He challenged me to a fight till death because we both fell in love with the same woman & asked me to meet him on the outskirts of Kabul to settle it once & for all !

When I reached that place & I was hoping to find a slim & smart MMA fighter but instead @Sher Malang turned out to be this :

sumo1023_mongolia-asashoryu1_650x455.jpg

5 Minutes into the fight you can well imagine what happened to me :

Sumo-wrestler-with-kid.jpg

So Unless its a fair fight I ain't coming ! :pissed:

You'd better not be like @Sher Malang - He challenged me to a fight till death because we both fell in love with the same woman & asked me to meet him on the outskirts of Kabul to settle it once & for all !

When I reached that place & I was hoping to find a slim & smart MMA fighter but instead @Sher Malang turned out to be this :

Ahahaha tune toh chaddi bhi sahi se nahi pehni thi isi liye toh har gaye the paa ji :lol:

Ergo the point of unmatched MRO and fleet availability. The Russians have never bettered beyond 60-65% while the yanks generally assure a 70% fleet availability.

PAF C-130s completed 50 Years of successful Active Duty Operations.

For the Thread members please update yourselves.
USAF Halts Troubled Afghan Transport Deal

If I am not wrong G222 or C-27A are grounded/even returned and the only future Air Tranports would be C-130H

Hahahaha you made my day sir. :omghaha:

It's extremely old, the C-130 was first built in the mid to late 1950s.

What India bought was the C-130J which is relatively new (intro: 1999). India bought 6 of these planes. The C-130H is outdated in many regards and a lot of owners are either looking to replace or upgrade their fleet of C-130s.

Back
Top Bottom