What's new

Afghan Air Force receives two C-130H : More on the way!

The problem in the official report on this case was not afghan maintaining problem, but the company which should deliver spare parts, never did.
The C-130H is easy to maintain because you can get spare parts from all over the globe, while the C-27 was not a common plane, and therefore was there a lack of spare part supliers.

Seriously?

Do you have a link to the report I'd like to read it.

Ofcourse we want some Dhruv's, but as you know, our state is low on money, and the only way i can see the Dhruv in AAF is if India donates them :undecided:

Then we will have to find a way to expedite their delivery under a soft loan. But the current government in Delhi is a lame-duck, forever chasing its own tail. The Mk.4 armed and unarmed version, half as light as a blackhawk but still carries the same number of troops, unparalleled high altitude and cold weather capability bar none. A good fit for Afghanistan. But you people need leaders like Amrullah Saleh to step up, enter into active politics. How popular is the Basej-e-Milli at the moment? That man pin-pointed OBL's whereabouts back in 06-07 itself. :cheers:

Seriously?

Do you have a link to the report I'd like to read it.

He's correct on the part that the Hercs are easier to maintain since like the 17s they are maintained under the virtual fleet format. As in the MRO on the platforms like the Herc and 17s is unmatched in history, the Americans even penned it into our agreement on the 17s that no less than 70% of the fleet would be active at any given moment, add to that the far greater TBO attributes of the newer Hercs.

So Afghanistan is taking over Pakistan in this field too. Congrats to Afghan brothers :cheers:

What field dear Indian?

Pakistan is operating C-130s since the 70s.

@A-Team

How many in total?

These birds are proven flying donkeys, should serve Afghanistan well.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's correct on the part that the Hercs are easier to maintain since like the 17s they are maintained under the virtual fleet format. As in the MRO on the platforms like the Herc and 17s is unmatched in history, the Americans even penned it into our agreement on the 17s that no less than 70% of the fleet would be active at any given moment, add to that the far greater TBO attributes of the newer Hercs.

I'm sorry but I don't know what all the acronyms mean or the numbers - my primary concern is to stop the hemorrhaging of my tax dollars.

The Afghans are welcome to buy C-130, C-650, C-whatever with their money or at least not with my tax dollars. The least I can do is write to my representative and ask them why they are spending my money buying the Afghans goodies when my friend is furloughed from his job.

What field dear Indian?

Pakistan is operating C-130s since the 70s.

You should have invited us to the party, those birds are beautiful. Had the good fortune of seeing the insides of one, and the FLIR/nav system on our variants is a boon. GO AMERICA!! :usflag:

I'm sorry but I don't know what all the acronyms mean or the numbers - my primary concern is to stop the hemorrhaging of my tax dollars.

The Afghans are welcome to buy C-130, C-650, C-whatever with their money or at least not with my tax dollars. The least I can do is write to my representative and ask them why they are spending my money buying the Afghans goodies when my friend is furloughed from his job.

Oh that? Well US policy is like that, why does the US insist on funding even the R&D projects in Israel, why does it insist on paying CSF payments to a nation that is not even remotely on-board the US "vision for the region" boat, why do they need to spend billions on bases that are not required- its laughable that they seek to defend a nation like Japan, which has enough technology that if it decided to take its gloves off the sort of platforms it could churn out in 5 years would astonish the whole region and spark the mother of all arms races. Tax dollars will go where the MIC in the US wants them to go, no conspiracy there.

Get your congressmen and senators to stop giving head to the corporates and get back to administrating.:tup:

You should have invited us to the party, those birds are beautiful. Had the good fortune of seeing the insides of one, and the FLIR/nav system on our variants is a boon. GO AMERICA!! :usflag:

Look down the nose :coffee:

3702_jan20a.jpg

Look down the nose :coffee:

3702_jan20a.jpg

Ooh, yes that. Beauties aren't they? You should retain this fleet, go for better MRO or re-lifing. Nothing will beat their operational availability, not the European or Chinese platforms.

Oh that? Well US policy is like that, why does the US insist on funding even the R&D projects in Israel, why does it insist on paying CSF payments to a nation that is not even remotely on-board the US "vision for the region" boat, why do they need to spend billions on bases that are not required- its laughable that they seek to defend a nation like Japan, which has enough technology that if it decided to take its gloves off the sort of platforms it could churn out in 5 years would astonish the whole region and spark the mother of all arms races. Tax dollars will go where the MIC in the US wants them to go, no conspiracy there.

Get your congressmen and senators to stop giving head to the corporates and get back to administrating.:tup:

Well I'm sure there are people concerned with the above issues, they are welcome to call their reps - I personally don't object any any of the beneficiaries you have mentioned.

My focus is Afghanistan.

Ooh, yes that. Beauties aren't they? You should retain this fleet, go for better MRO or re-lifing. Nothing will beat their operational availability, not the European or Chinese platforms.

They are flying happily since the 70s. :yay:

Well I'm sure there are people concerned with the above issues, they are welcome to call their reps - I personally don't object to any any of the beneficiaries you have mentioned.

My focus is Afghanistan.

Well I'm sure there are people concerned with the above issues, they are welcome to call their reps - I personally don't object any any of the beneficiaries you have mentioned.

My focus is Afghanistan.

That's going to be a bit difficult, although it might make you happy that the BSA between the US and Af is sailing through choppy waters. But the US has a knack for getting through if it really wants something. The issue is interconnected, what you need to understand is that the OEM is not doing this for charity, your tax dollars and the government's revenue is indeed flowing out but the government will simply subsidize the OEM's expenditure ensuring that the company at least will still turn over a profit. In that sense you're stuck and no amount of protests will help. When soldiers die you can pressurize the government to take a look at its policies BUT when the MIC is in question and its revenue is at stake then you're swimming against the current as far as Capitol Hill is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom