What's new

Acute shortage of defense tech discussions / threads

you wont find any worthwhile news of development in the media thanks to this corrupt gov

you wont find any worthwhile news of development in the media thanks to this corrupt gov
That is no excuse. The army budget this year is around the same as it always gets. Nor is the government allowed to interfere in how they are used. There are many things this PPP government can be blamed of. This, however, is not one of them

All we get here is thread after thread on social and political issues.
comeon members....post and discuss some technical stuff also...

how much of "our missile is bigger than your missile" can we do

problem is the viewer and commentator choice

the highly technical threads go in obscurity because they dont give the right "masala" to Indian and Pakistani members
the usual ranting and trolling doesnt has any room for majority of the members.
so it discourages people from writing

I have my self stopped writing about it because its as if talking to my self.

the people interests are as you noted out on anything controversial stuff, anything they can tease each other and post one liners.. look at the thread titles and the number of pages and you will get the idea.

think of suggestions if you have any.. but my first for you is.. dont involve in mundane and pointless threads and visit some good technical threads, check the library or web and make informed comments.. people might take your lead.

even better think of something and write something yourself.

Please bring back threads that encourage comparisons or otherwise called "VS" threads here. These threads are far better than reading about who was killed on what street in the subcontinent. The "Vs" thread may lead to trolling but it also encourages newer members to "read up" or "research". Such threads even led to me to do my research although I was just a lurker.

Maybe a separate section? Also, Hypothetical wars and stories should be encouraged.

Totally agree with you....look at arp2041, he mostly posts threads on these subjects....atleast few Indians should follow him....

btw i am getting sick and tired of trolling- doing and seeing-
Need some direction-
Recently some indian blog related self satisfying- morale booster threads getting lot of traffic and posts-
This trend needs to stop- internet hindus are taking over-

Modellers Forum
Guns Corner

Two more sections have been made -- I've moved some threads in the modellers section , Aeronaut might move some in guns section

Any suggestions are welcome

Two threads are needed

1] Please make a thread ''guns made in pakistan'' --- which systematically , chronologically enumerates and describes all the guns/pistols/rifles etc made by pakistan under different companies .. an info pool if you will

2] In hobby/model section i need some one to make a thread regarding tips/tricks-- methodolgy and items required to make models ---- after some detailed posts you can post youtube video to help explain the methods

Please start these threads after some clear thought/ plan of execution and I will stick them for all

kind regards

The moment you start making a thread on radars , composites or anything remotely "technical", you are asking for humiliation. You put a lot of effort to create a quality thread and end up talking to yourself. Usually, you get some off comments like..."its cool"....or "we need this". What im saying is, no one cares, so why bother ?

The moment you start making a thread on radars , composites or anything remotely "technical", you are asking for humiliation. You put a lot of effort to create a quality thread and end up talking to yourself. Usually, you get some off comments like..."its cool"....or "we need this". What im saying is, no one cares, so why bother ?

Most will read it, learn from it. Few will reply, cause they are still learning or too busy in political thread.

This is primarily a defence forum and this is what our aim should be - Should we stop trying ?-- For getting more people to talk to us was exactly the reason why I had proposed the milit enthusiasts/ junior TT tag

The junior TTs might just divide different sections among themselves where they can make their presence felt -- We have a lot of sections now and it's upto the users to make the most of the forum

Members can only contribute in technical/semi technical threads when they know some thing on that subject .. this is a reason why we get least reported posts from these sections ... thus we have removed another objection which senior members had that there is ''too much trolling etc'' for them to post in a mature manner

Please bring back threads that encourage comparisons or otherwise called "VS" threads here. These threads are far better than reading about who was killed on what street in the subcontinent. The "Vs" thread may lead to trolling but it also encourages newer members to "read up" or "research". Such threads even led to me to do my research although I was just a lurker.

Maybe a separate section? Also, Hypothetical wars and stories should be encouraged.

comparisons in the air warfare section can be opened granted su30 and jf-17 are kept out -- the americans and russians had different design philosophies and some countries fly fighters from both countries and have given interviews in this regard ---- so if you want to start a vs thread , make a good first post with some interviews and it would be great

The last technical thread that caught any attention was that of the magnificent water car engineer.

In the JFT thread, its usually just Oscar, antibody, sancho, and a few others talking intermittently over long periods.

The forum basically turned into a south Asian news aggregator. How about a new name ?

"South Asian news....with some defence". :tup:

yes, the member's club mentality has spilled over to defence sections however new sections are in place and junior TTs are designated irrespective of nationality --- now the members who have been selected under different tags have to step forward

btw the land warfare section will also host missile/nuke technology and i will be moving general missile threads in the land warfare section aswell

Back
Top Bottom