What's new

A first for the PAF ? JF-17 Elephant Walk.

And this image is not from Peshawar....besides it's just part of a bigger picture.

Thunders on Elephant walk.. #jf17 #thunder #paf #elephantwalk #minhas #pakistanairforce #pakistan #pakforces
I didn't say it's Peshawar. But if youve been there, you'd witness 4 ship formations like this almost daily taxing and taking off. And I wouldn't call those Elephant Walks.
Over and Out.

I didn't say it's Peshawar. But if youve been there, you'd witness 4 ship formations like this almost daily taxing and taking off. And I wouldn't call those Elephant Walks.
Over and Out.
Elsewhere there's been double that number witnessed as taxing before taking off, i could have posted that image for the sake of it but perhaps there's a difference in when the aircraft taxi and when they do the Elephant walk.
Keep your channel open.

Salute to your dedication of promoting Pakistan Armed Forces ,which gets impaired sometimes, like on this occasion, nonetheless,Thank you for sharing :yahoo:.
They say, too many Chefs spoil the broth hence when you have all the jokers, clowns, fakers, duffers, wannabees and those desperate to show you down, the subject does seems impaired but then the reality and the facts remain what they are.
For example most if not all of these weekend warriors have no clue as what transpired after say this ceremony.... but hey, it's no costing the wannabees a dime to post all the nonsense that their pea size brain can generate, after all, all they can see and comment on is four aircraft. LoL.
20728749_1362043207226179_7249373968040399712_o.jpg

Awesome picture but definitely not an elephant walk......there aren't that many pilots on duty for it at one time....

I'll try to to dig out a picture of 38 PAF F-16s that were doing an elephant walk in the 1980s......saw it on a flight safety magazine.

Here below is a link to an elephant walk done by PACAF.

Last edited:
sudan=money+ sanction problem
iran=you are kidding me right
srilanka=indian pressure
morocco= complicated relation ship, they prefer f-16, we have algeria issue
turkey=why would they need jf-17
Saudis,qatar= why jf-17?
nigeria=already done
south africa=they have gripen

So the fact is sell of JF-17 is very bleak as most of other countries have better alternative . Unless block III unleashes significant upgrade with affordable price Pakistan might end as solo operator of JF-17 with some minor sell to mayanmar and Nigeria.

It's a shame to the walk elephant walk with just 4 fighter.

So the fact is sell of JF-17 is very bleak as most of other countries have better alternative . Unless block III unleashes significant upgrade with affordable price Pakistan might end as solo operator of JF-17 with some minor sell to mayanmar and Nigeria.

It's a shame to the walk elephant walk with just 4 fighter.
jf-17 was meant to service PAF, it was never an export project..this thing doesn't fit peoples had
export is unintended bonus...
so far it has 2 customers which it self is surprising, it almost had 2 more srilanka and eygpt which were cancelled due to poltical reasons

jf-17 has some market in africa and central asia but most countries cant afford fighter plans any more

I know where you coming from but isn't it logical that people will comment on what they see and not on what they don't?

You should have posted the pic with more A/C to go with the thread title.

Awesome picture but definitely not an elephant walk......there aren't that many pilots on duty for it at one time....

I'll try to to dig out a picture of 38 PAF F-16s that were doing an elephant walk in the 1980s......saw it on a flight safety magazine.
As you know there are certain restrictions on what is allowed to be posted, if you recall, earlier i had to remove images of a solo pilot rehearsing above Sargodha. I know four aircraft don't represent an Elephant walk but that is just a shot from a bigger image. It was probably a one off occasion.
Here see the difference in four aircraft taxiing and those involved in Elephant Walk.

33361540_1697453080372497_4499555353020596224_n.jpg

33653427_384741105361506_3365507257562300416_n-jpg.476714

As you know there are certain restrictions on what is allowed to be posted, if you recall, earlier i had to remove images of a solo pilot rehearsing above Sargodha. I know four aircraft don't represent an Elephant walk but that is just a shot from a bigger image. It was probably a one off occasion.
Here see the difference in four aircraft taxiing and those involved in Elephant Walk.

33361540_1697453080372497_4499555353020596224_n.jpg

33653427_384741105361506_3365507257562300416_n-jpg.476714

It doesn't matter whether it was an actual elephant walk or not. It was certainly good practice for it, and it shows that Gaganshakti hasn't achieved anything remarkable. All professional airforces practice such manoeuvers.

Back
Top Bottom