What's new

90 PKR per Unit in Electricity will be charge in September`s Bill

Elites do not want to compromise on their tax evasive perks and luxuries, control theft, and subsidize solar power systems. Elites will transfer all manner of burden to the masses instead.

One problem that I have noticed is that you will see so many big cars on roads and crowded shopping malls. Those in the government wonder whether the poor even exist or not when they notice this trend. In view of this trend, Pakistan needs to revisit its wealth flows. How money flows through the pockets and who is into spending on luxuries. These people should be made to share burden since they have so much money to waste.

Elites do not want to compromise on their tax evasive perks and luxuries, control theft, and subsidize solar power systems. Elites will transfer all manner of burden to the masses instead.

One problem that I have noticed is that you will see so many big cars on roads and crowded shopping malls. Those in the government wonder whether the poor even exist or not when they notice this trend. In view of this trend, Pakistan needs to revisit its wealth flows. How money flows through the pockets and who is into spending on luxuries. These people should be made to share burden since they have so much money to waste.
most of those ppls are in govt, you cant tax govt.

Real estate & land ownership. These are vehicles for money laundering, tax evasion & fraud, extremely unproductive industry, and are the main component of the black economy.

For example, imagine one guy owns 4-5 flats inherited from his father. He receives rent in cash, doesn't declare rental income, hides the real estate property fair value, or even that the property exists to the FBR. The rental income is enough for him to live off of so he never works or contributes any productivity to the economy or its exports, but he will keep buying plots and his cash will fund consumption of imports.

Once you can limit land ownership & tax it, limit immigration to prevent brain drain, resources will be forced into more productive sectors in the economy.

Last edited:
Very soon provinces with cheap power generation capacities will start claiming r8ght to first use. Why should a province with Hydropower force its people to pay 90 Rs per unit ?

Thats the language you patwais understand - dont act inncoent
Go and read my posts and tell me what kind of language I use.

And I am quite apolitical; I care for no political party!

see thats whay i Said brainless atwaris are dumfks -

You are importing fuel to generate electricity on a country that has always been starved of FX - and on top of that that expensive fuel is subsidised ever after year which is ballooning the Circular debt as your exports decline and currency devalues ( nawaz pig and Isha chor knew how to take loans to artificially keep low dollar prices ) this structure of power traiff crumbles - the only reason why it effects were not so poor on ganja era is because he kept on getting loans and loans to keep dollar artificially low but till when is the question someday this ballon would explode

Secondly, the deal of IPPS that Nawaz chor made he earned millions on it in dollar and since 1990s he made this law that any FX that came in Pakistan doesn't need to be told its source which is why Salman Shehzba or whoever that was from SHarif family was remitting millions of dollars every month when asked about what is the source they were mum about it

The structure is so flawed that you for eg you buy power at 100rs and then Govt subsidies that expensive power by 80 rs and the end customer pays 20 rs
adding that 80 rs to circular debt every year

This is the concept Pig Sheriff used and the incompetent lot was the same LOT of PMLN same ishaq dar same so-called loser administrator
You can either discuss like adults do or stop engaging me altogether.

If you can be civil and discuss like adults then you can tell me what options we have had to generate electricity. If some government, in 1970's to 1990's, had wanted to generate electricity only with local resources then what were the options? Untargeted subsidies are hurting us like hell, agreed. But we need to provide subsidy to the export industry as well as to the seriously deserving segment of the country. But money for that subsidy has to be recovered from the paying customers to eventually eliminate the gigantic circular debt (or have some of it written off by the IPPs with the help of countries which own these IPP's; maybe).

You make matters sound as if they are black or white and as if we have had many options throughout whereas we have always had big challenges. Our primary problem is that successive Governments have not paid attention to create favorable conditions for an export based economy. If we had sufficient exports, things would not have been so bad.

And finally, now let me correct you, it is in our interest to allow forex to come into the country and turn a blind eye as to where the money is coming from. However, there is a requirement to make a currency declaration when you enter the country. The thing that is it not enforced strongly is self explanatory. As for 1990's, there was literally hardly any concept of cross border money laundering and hence no need for laws which have been enacted for FATF and APG. And finally, for your information, the Anti Money Laundering ordinance was enacted in 2007 and it was made a law by the PPP government in 2010.

Current energy bill contains 1.5 tillion capacity payment go figure why?
Is that confirmed?

And there is nobody in the successive Governments who could have figured out a way to somehow utilize those units rather then to allow them to go to waste; in a manner which would also offset the additional fuel that would have to be imported to ensure 100% capacity generation.

You make matters sound as if they are black or white and as if we have had many options throughout whereas we have always had big challenges.
Yes, the matter is As Plain as Black and white - What Successive govt are you talking about, when more than half of the history of Pakistan it was ruled directly by Khaki Losers? How many prime ministers have your military allowed to complete their term?

out of 75 years of history, only two govt were able to complete their term - ANd when you dont have resources you do not go on buying imported fuel but rather use what you have -= How many dams were built after the self-proclaimed Marshall Ayub Era ? 0!

I'm sure the challenges faced by the Power sector weren't as tough when all the resources were employed on a war-footing to develop the so-called Islamic bomb.

And finally, now let me correct you, it is in our interest to allow forex to come into the country and turn a blind eye as to where the money is coming from.
Lol at the expense of the country - doing deals locally and getting kickbacks in Dollars to show that we have inflated FOREx Reserves' typical corrupted mentality

. But we need to provide subsidy to the export industry as well as to the seriously deserving segment of the country.
All bullshit reasoning - what we need is huge mega-dams and that too on War footing but ofc why would military and PMLN let that happens - how will then they earn kick backs and commissons ?

If some government, in 1970's to 1990's, had wanted to generate electricity only with local resources then what were the options?
So Nawaz had this option of building Imported fuel power plants - HAHAH

Making laws or agreements is the domain of responsibility of the government and not the judiciary.

Judiciary can only interpret the laws or agreements. They cannot make laws or agreements.
Not really

Parliament can't make a law against the consitution

Infact a parliament can't even make a consitution without common sense laws

E.g you can't make a law declaring nawaz sharif as God nazubillah

Hence why bandiyal was right asking that assets beyond means being legalized is against consitution in a Republic unless it's a kingdom

Now you are going to say no you are wrong. The sahbha like hazarat Umar was wrong when he was question where he got his kurta from (nazubillah) and assets beyond means is okay

Yes, the matter is As Plain as Black and white - What Successive govt are you talking about, when more than half of the history of Pakistan it was ruled directly by Khaki Losers? How many prime ministers have your military allowed to complete their term?

out of 75 years of history, only two govt were able to complete their term - ANd when you dont have resources you do not go on buying imported fuel but rather use what you have -= How many dams were built after the self-proclaimed Marshall Ayub Era ? 0!

I'm sure the challenges faced by the Power sector weren't as tough when all the resources were employed on a war-footing to develop the so-called Islamic bomb.

Lol at the expense of the country - doing deals locally and getting kickbacks in Dollars to show that we have inflated FOREx Reserves' typical corrupted mentality

All bullshit reasoning - what we need is huge mega-dams and that too on War footing but ofc why would military and PMLN let that happens - how will then they earn kick backs and commissons ?

So Nawaz had this option of building Imported fuel power plants - HAHAH
Actually two hydro projects were built each one of them costing almost same as bhasha dam

One was ghazi brotha on ego of nawaz sharif

The other one was NJ ego of mushi to give black eye to India

Both were illogical and highly expensive as compared to several other options

E.g munda dam would have cost 7 times less then NJ and produces more power and stores more energy

Not really

Parliament can't make a law against the consitution

Infact a parliament can't even make a consitution without common sense laws

E.g you can't make a law declaring nawaz sharif as God nazubillah

Hence why bandiyal was right asking that assets beyond means being legalized is against consitution in a Republic unless it's a kingdom

Now you are going to say no you are wrong. The sahbha like hazarat Umar was wrong when he was question where he got his kurta from (nazubillah) and assets beyond means is okay

Just want to remind you that you are on a break.

Pakistani govt charges 10 different taxes / duties on an average electricity bill. Here is a breakdown:

— Electricity Duty
— General sales tax
— PTV licence fee
— FC Surcharge
— FPA Charges
— Sales Tax
— Income Tax
— PHL Charges
— Extra Tax
— Further Tax

This is highest taxation on any utility bills in the region, leading to massive hikes in the bills for consumers.

Back
Top Bottom