What's new

90 PKR per Unit in Electricity will be charge in September`s Bill

Wasn't she the advisor on finance in PDM govt?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamshad_Akhtar says her recent appointments were all international. That may be the reason why she speaks the way she does without sugarcoating. No politician usually has the courage to say life is tough and we have to grin and bear it. The previous one (Dar) would have posted a few verses on his Twitter imploring God for help and would have announced that he has messaged God and help will come soon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamshad_Akhtar says her recent appointments were all international. That may be the reason why she speaks the way she does without sugarcoating. No politician usually has the courage to say life is tough and we have to grin and bear it. The previous one (Dar) would have posted a few verses on his Twitter imploring God for help and would have announced that he has messaged God and help will come soon.

Oh yeah it was Ayesha Ghaus Pasha, my bad.

Can't the CJP take suo moto notice of those IPP contracts like his predecessors did with Rico Diq and at least bring the local agents, namely Sharifs and Bhuttos to justice?

Making laws or agreements is the domain of responsibility of the government and not the judiciary.

Judiciary can only interpret the laws or agreements. They cannot make laws or agreements.

Well that's how they are going to pay the IMF and other loans taken.They enforced these terms on us before they gave the loan. So just like any other creditor who secures himself. The muneer media didn't tell us about the dangerous terms and conditions behind those loans. They just bragged about their begging achievement.
An ordinary common man will suffer to pay the loans taken by the corrupt elite establishment of this country.
That's how our neutrals get that huge budget and buy properties in Australia and Belgium.

Judiciary can only interpret the laws or agreements. They cannot make laws or agreements.
But Pakistan's courts have made a dog's dinner of that philosophy. So, the going rule is 'anything goes'. The Supreme court of Pakistan can take a Suo motu notice of why someone's dress is too short.

And what Khan did exactly to alleviate the problem? He was in Government for 4 years and price of electricity increased significantly in his tenure.....what was Khan doing to resolve that?
Because your cunt Maderchd Ganja did this IPP deals in mid 1990s on imported fuel and on capacity with Fixed payment of Dollars hen the same maderchod did that again in CPEC powerhouses deal with fixed profit in Dollars and when Khan tried to re negotiate deals with China ion power your fiking cunt including you blamed him for de tracking CPEC - maderchod fking hypocrites Patwaris

Petrol price soars to record Rs305 following yet another massive hike​

Petrol sees staggering increase of Rs14.91 while HSD’s rates were also increased by Rs18.44 per litre

News Desk
September 01, 2023

The people of Pakistan, already grappling with inflation, were dealt another blow late Thursday evening as the government announced a substantial increase in petrol prices, pushing it to an all-time high of Rs305 per litre, effective immediately.

The surge amounted to an astounding Rs14.91 per litre, leaving citizens reeling from the economic impact.

In tandem with the petrol price hike, the cost of high-speed diesel (HSD) experienced an even steeper rise, escalating by Rs18.44, as disclosed by an official statement from the finance ministry. The government attributed these adjustments to the escalating trajectory of global petroleum prices and the resultant fluctuations in exchange rates.

The electricity bills seem to include income tax and GST hence they are very steep.

The IPP is a complex issue involving decades of screw ups.

Failure to build dams
No Iran Pakistan gas pipelines
Signing IPP contracts with ill intent
Not focusing enough on renewables
Building Sahiwal Coal Power Plant in the middle of Pakistan
Going through with oil power plants
Transmission losses
Electricity theft

The PTI came with a long term strategy to build dams Bhasha and Mohmand dams. Tried to re negotiate IPP contracts, but couldn’t. Tried to bring transparency to CPEC projects.

But again, no government can solve this. This will take atleast a decade to turn around. But there are mafias with vested interests everywhere.
2002 and 1994 were successful renegotiated

So issue isn't unfixable

Because your cunt Maderchd Ganja did this IPP deals in mid 1990s on imported fuel and on capacity with Fixed payment of Dollars hen the same maderchod did that again in CPEC powerhouses deal with fixed profit in Dollars and when Khan tried to re negotiate deals with China ion power your fiking cunt including you blamed him for de tracking CPEC - maderchod fking hypocrites Patwaris
Can you dial down your household language? It is very hard for me to respond accordingly, But, it is not impossible!

IPP deals in 1990's was not a big problem throughout, why did it become a problem during Khan's tenure? Power generation on imported fuel was not a problem before Khan, why did everything explode under his Government? Payment to foreign companies in foreign currency is THE standard globally and I am sure you are all aware of it but just want to use the words of politicians as weapons for point scoring.

Our biggest problem is the massive currency devaluation, the floodgates to which were opened by Khan's incompetence and stupidity. And if he had been able to manage things better, there wouldn't be a need to remove him and impose another incompetent lot. But now, we are here and this cycle will continue.

The power sector debt became an issue since Nawaz’s era. So was the devaluation cycle.

As I said, there is no quick fix and this is an issue as a result of multiple screw ups across decades.

I have provided some solutions in the posts above.

The circular debt was increasing at 400 billion per annum, at the end of PTI tenure it was 100 billion, and at the end of PDM period it was around 350. Figures by Hammad Azhar.
I don't think those figures are accurate as per the report by the Senate standing committee on power, the circular debt was 1600 Billion by end of FY 2019 and had risen to 2150 Billion by end of FY 2020 (over 500 Billion in 1 year). Now these are authentic figures presented by the Senate committee after verification as there were different figures floating at the time. As per a report by the Finance Division:

"In FY2013, circular debt was around Rs 450 billion which reached to Rs 1,148 billion in 2018 (700 Billion in 5 PML years). According to the data of the Central Power Purchasing Authority (CPPA), circular debt stood at Rs 2,467 billion by March 2022 (1.3 Trillion in 4 PTI years). This implies that circular debt is equivalent to 3.8 percent of Pakistan’s GDP and represents 5.6 percent of Pakistan’s government debt. Growing at the current pace and if it is allowed to grow unaddressed, it is estimated to reach Rs 4 trillion by 2025, demanding the urgency of reforms in the power sector."

Then, they fast tracked the work on multiple hydro projects. Would they be completed in 2 years so that IK could go and inaugurate a takhti? No. But would it be beneficial for us for the next 30 years, yes!

You have Ahsan Iqbal saying that 'PTI hakoomat nay aik bhi power plant nhn lagaya'. This is a federal minister saying this, who is an MBA or whatever. He very well knows our problem is not power generation. Even today we have surplus capacity. The problem is not power generation, but he still makes this statement.
I don't care much for what the politician says, whomever it may be.

Thirdly, how do you renege on long term contracts with IPP's? What would Khan do for that?

It's like you shoot a guy in the chest, and then blame the doctor for not being able to revive the patient.

Also, they introduced WACOG. It's not directly related to the power bills, but a part of the total utility bills that the consumer pays.

They also restructured the DISCOs. Sure, there was still plenty of room for improvement, but it was a start. PDM came in and totally changed the boards of DISCOs and had their own cronies into them.
Well, the same logic goes for every Government; what could PPP do about long term contracts signed by PML and what could PML do about long term contracts signed by PPP and so on.

But it makes me wonder if we can still take the matter to the international court of justice/arbitration and plead our case based on factual situation and the fact that corruption/incompetence was involved when the long term contracts were signed. The international community takes matters of corruption very seriously.

DISCOs should be privatized to increase competition and ensure recovery of bills and to eliminate line losses (theft).

What is the above about, privatization of FESCO? This is just a partial clip of a larger debate and has conjecture by a journalist which may or may not be correct.

But, as I said above, DISCOS's should immediately be privatized along with PIA, PR, PSM and all other SOE's etc.

That's why you plan your power generation mix for the next 20 years rather than make decisions on a whim.

France does not have oil and gas. What did it do? Did it create this excuse and just start importing LNG and coal and whatever? No. They planned it out, they went for nuclear. Iceland (or Finland?) does not have viable O&G, so what did they do? They went for geothermal. You plan stuff, that's why you are in government. If you are planning stuff for the next week or next year, you are already faaaar behind the curve.

Can we control imported fuel prices? No.

Can we not create an imported coal power plant in Sahiwal? Hell yes.

Can we not create a solar park in Bahawalpur with zero thought about the upkeep? Yes.

Can we not create short term power plants on capacity payments? Yes.
All the Yes's and No's are lost to time now. We are in a situation where we now need to make do with what we already have, including surplus power generation capacity.

What is the penalty for breaking the contracts?

I believe sooner or later, we will have to take this bitter pill for the short term, and get long term gains.
Like I said above, we must atleast make an attempt. Who knows......

And suddenly they were called traitors and Asad Umar and Razzaq Dawood were called to GHQ and given an ear full.

Aur choopo phir chinese kay and keep reaping the rewards.

Am I saying that PTI is the solution to everything? No.

But at least they check out 10 of the 100 agenda items, rather than making 50 things worse.
I think one of the conditions of the CPEC contracts is privacy and hence they cannot be made public; the repercussions based on Chinese annoyance could be very big.

Can you dial down your household language? It is very hard for me to respond accordingly, But, it is not impossible!
Thats the language you patwais understand - dont act inncoent

IPP deals in 1990's was not a big problem throughout, why did it become a problem during Khan's tenure? Power generation on imported fuel was not a problem before Khan, why did everything explode under his Government? Payment to foreign companies in foreign currency is THE standard globally and I am sure you are all aware of it but just want to use the words of politicians as weapons for point scoring.
see thats whay i Said brainless atwaris are dumfks -

You are importing fuel to generate electricity on a country that has always been starved of FX - and on top of that that expensive fuel is subsidised ever after year which is ballooning the Circular debt as your exports decline and currency devalues ( nawaz pig and Isha chor knew how to take loans to artificially keep low dollar prices ) this structure of power traiff crumbles - the only reason why it effects were not so poor on ganja era is because he kept on getting loans and loans to keep dollar artificially low but till when is the question someday this ballon would explode

Secondly, the deal of IPPS that Nawaz chor made he earned millions on it in dollar and since 1990s he made this law that any FX that came in Pakistan doesn't need to be told its source which is why Salman Shehzba or whoever that was from SHarif family was remitting millions of dollars every month when asked about what is the source they were mum about it

The structure is so flawed that you for eg you buy power at 100rs and then Govt subsidies that expensive power by 80 rs and the end customer pays 20 rs
adding that 80 rs to circular debt every year

This is the concept Pig Sheriff used and the incompetent lot was the same LOT of PMLN same ishaq dar same so-called loser administrator

Last edited:
And what Khan did exactly to alleviate the problem? He was in Government for 4 years and price of electricity increased significantly in his tenure.....what was Khan doing to resolve that?

Quite harsh but true.

I cannot afford an S Class so should I start grumbling? We don't have Oil or Gas and hence all our power generation is based on imported fuel which is increasingly more expensive due to continuously falling PKR; nothing that anybody can really do in the short term to manage that.
Current energy bill contains 1.5 tillion capacity payment go figure why?

The only way this electricity crisis can be solved is a buy out / bail out. A democratically elected government comes into power, breaks the contracts with these IPPs and sells them to private Pakistani investors that get something besides the power plants exchange for their investment.

This is why PTI needs to meet with people capable of making this large of an investment.

If as @Skull and Bones says that power prices are a tenth the prices being charged in Pakistan, then there is no hope of competitiveness without “restructuring”; perhaps that would mean handing over some actual power to the diaspora and empowering them to keep in check other political actors (not just those in suits).
Nope, don't do that, how about shutting down costly energy plants, expand solar coverage over sindh, Balochistan

Whoever signed such agreements with IPPs, all PMs, Minister concerned alongwith bureaucrats working under them should be arrested, theirs and their children's all properties in Pakistan and abroad should be ceased and they should be hanged as traitors. oh for a while i forgot, we live in Banana republic of Pakistan. sorry for inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom