What's new

8th grade Christian girl accused of blasphemy over a typo in Punjab

Replacing Naat with Laanat is no small thing..
But looking at the age of the girl,she can be excused and the teacher who made this thing public is the one to be accused...
I am from that general area and i am surprised that things got so much out of hand that the family had to leave the area..This is unheard of in that place... doesn't happen..We have many churches and a sizable christian population in Hazara division (Havelian the place where this happened is in Hazara)..and they are there since Victorian times when christian missionaries came and converted mainly low cast hindus and some poor muslims to Christianity.We still have a very large christian mission in Qalandar abad,where the Church of Germany sends christian preachers since before Victorian times....Plus Abbottabad was the first town in Pakistan where Church operated Private schools opened in late 70's..I still remember fairy figurines in my christian Principal's office..
So this is sure that the family wasnt in trouble only because they were christians...there must be something else to the story which is not being told here...

I have an idea - why not turn all of this on its head by having power rankings of which god is the most powerful.

Every religion predicts that its god so as to speak will bestow prosperity on its people/ country if you follow him/her. So going by that standard I can't help but look at the collectively world and see that atheist Europe and china amount for most prosperity in the world ( pool all them together). And as such we should all give up religion and go atheist : and you can even spell atheism as antism and still be prosperous in your life :D.

Appreciate the comment and irony, but...Frickin Calvinist crap! Prosperity gospel is sanctified greed. Did not know Islam mistook wealth for proof of virtue! Thought the bribes all came in the sky when you die, as St Woody Guthrie sang.

Prosperity aside, science delivers miracles. Some of them are horrible beyond comprehension, but I think highly of anaesthetics.

And this post is really off-thread. Sorry :)

I say kill the girl !!!!!!!!!!! Actually,all Christians should be expelled from Pakistan.Alot of problems due them :butcher:

On a serious note : EVEN IF she did it deliberately SO FUCKIN WHAT? She should be taught "Beta don't do it again.If you don't like Prophet Muhammad then no problem but it hurts other children who are Muslims..your friends etc" ..and THATS IT ! Whats the big deal here? :angry: Religion should be restricted to minimum level in public schools.I remember in high school, Kids sometimes used to make hella stupid comments about Jesus Christ (though those kids were "Christians" :lol:) and I used to get mad ...Then I realized that this is WEST...no one gives a tiny sh!t about bible or Christianity or religion etc so I should not act like as if I am in Pakistan where people care alot about religion .....On another occasion,we were making the list of "super heroes" one time and my friend wrote "Allah" in the list :cheesy: and asked me "Hey this is how you spell your God,right"? I was like "Yeah" :laugh:

Good times :P

Damn good thing you didn't go to school in Texas. You'd have both been beaten by Christer jocks. I haven't said one critical think about the Pakistani school system on this delightful thread, because I live under the Lone Star Flag, and people who live in White Houses shouldn't throw drones! :) Thankyou again for a delightful post.

Reading this thread was a delightful surprise. One of my first experiences of this forum was a thread where nearly every post seemed to defend the blasphemy law and the assassin. Here, as I seem to recall someone saying, (I paraphrase freely) "if even reasonable people like us can get toucht, misunderstand and take offense....."
I expected to post a heartfelt plea to "consider, from the bowels of Christ, that you may be wrong!"* I have no need to. Peace be unto you all.

* Quotation from Oliver Cromwell, who did not consider it blasphemous. But then, he didn't even consider it blasphemous to kill a king, and he LIKED the prosperity gospel. What r we going to do with people? Love 'em or kill them, that's 'bout it.

I don't think the girl of this age even know the meaning of blasphemy and the word naat نعت and laanat لعنت are also quite similar in urdu writing!!!

Those all owner of religion who made this issue so big should hang till death, idiots, nonsense.

Moreover with replacement of dot doesn't change meaning as written لعنت we have very good literacy rate called as JAHALAT.

Look, word was NAAT نعت so after replacement dot on second character word called LUGHAT means Dictionary. Next there is no additional character between "gh" and "Te" in word نعت, so how they thought that dot placed over surprisingly automatically generated "vertical line character and becomed "NUN"?????????

Every Urdu speaker can understand what is character difference between NAAT AND LAANAT, NAAT sum of 3 character and LAANAT sum of 4 character so from where this 4th character added?????????????????????

More over if a Muslim kid made such mistake then did they face same situation? Blasphemy Law? How’s pathetic our society and people are?

Just correct her mistake and go on but no, people found reason of TAMASHA no matter on cost of someone's respect and status.

Pathetic pathetic, any worst word can be used for these people "Lords of religion"

Status of family should be restored with full respect.

This shows Pakistan is a failed state...... Who are the majority to impose their belief on others. Are the minorities not human being. God is punishing Pakistan and will put all those on fire for such draconian law which oppresses the poor. :butcher:

POF Havelian, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan - Google Maps

thats the place in the news report ;).....
A small place with small population...although i have doubts about credibility of this news report...
Blasphemy in any form by anybody should be condemned....But this news report is a bit phony.
The teacher of the girl must have some ulterior motive in making this presumably Innocent mistake public....

Why at the first place a non Islamic person or child is made to learn Islam. Why it is imposed to them. If the Muslims want to follow their religion let them follow why impose to other people. Its all because of radicalization of religion. Even thought it was a small mistake or big mistake why is the Pakistan law imposing Islam on other non religious people. It seems minority in Pakistan is either threatened to convert to Islam or being killed or abducted for ransom. But irony is Non of the Pakistani Muslims will believe nor condemn such evil. The law of Blasphemy is Stupid law just to trouble and persecute Minority people of Pakistan.

@observer7.... they r not forced to learn islam genius... they have a choice.... abt this case....... well.... the man who reported it is a mother trucker..... n dnt u guys try to make this is into some sort of minority issue..

Just few months back a 13 year old muslim kid was booked coz he tore some religious poster.... Also out of the 60 people accused of blashphemy 57-58 r muslims....

So no need to rant.

since when in Urdu they ve included Naat? I dont remember back in the day anything relating to the Prophet or the Na'at.
I only remember Islamic Studies & non muslims were exempt from the class.

I don't know since when they have included it. but perhaps you are not understanding what i said. Those naats which are included in our syllabus are not actually those naats which we hear on TV and internet they are poems written in respect of hazrat muhammad (s.a.w.w) and their titles are not naat they have different titles. when we start writing tashree (explanation) of the poem which is written in respect of hazrat muhammad (s.a.w.w) we start from "this naat is wriiten by _____ poet and in this naat he wrote this this and this"!!! keep in mind all those poems which are written in respect of hazrat muhammad (s.a.w.w) are called naat and it is the instruction of most of the teachers to use the word naat when writing tashree (explanation) of a poem written in the respect of hazrat muhammad (s.a.w.w).

I have heard non muslims are exempted from the islamiat class in some schools but now they have given them another option they (non muslims) can select ikhlaqiat instead of islamiat compulsory but only if they want to. if they want to select islamiat they can do it also.

What's the big mistake here?
Laanat means damn.Don't we frequently say God damn it?Are we committing blasphemy then?

What's the big mistake here?
Laanat means dam.Don't we frequently say God damn it?Are we committing blasphemy then?

Actually yes :lol:

It is a curse term, and children are always forbidden from saying it. The term "God damn it" is considered taboo, and is indeed blasphemic, but the Christians don't care.

Actually yes :lol:

It is a curse term, and children are always forbidden from saying it. The term "God damn it" is considered taboo, and is indeed blasphemic, but the Christians don't care.

My My.
I should be in jail by now.Maybe even executed.I must have said this countless times when I was in Kuwait.

8th grade Christian girl accused of blasphemy over a typo in Punjab

This is why i'm obsessed with this country . Pure unadulterated entertainment .

Yesterday Rahman mallik said Haqqani network was built by the CIA and the group have no presence in Pakistan.

@observer7.... they r not forced to learn islam genius... they have a choice.... abt this case....... well.... the man who reported it is a mother trucker..... n dnt u guys try to make this is into some sort of minority issue..

Just few months back a 13 year old muslim kid was booked coz he tore some religious poster.... Also out of the 60 people accused of blashphemy 57-58 r muslims....

So no need to rant.

Its not a rant. Its reality. Which you guys never accept. Cause either it is of your religion or of your country. Just look the below info relating to minority persecution,
//:
More Christians have been harmed in Pakistan, continuing an all-too-frequent occurrence.

International Christian Concern (ICC) spokesman Jonathan Racho says his organization has received the latest word on an incident in Pakistan.

"A group of Christians has been attacked by a mob of Muslims in a park near where Osama bin Laden was killed, and the group of Christians [was] actually gathered to watch a movie about Jesus Christ," he reports.

No deaths resulted from the attack, but some damage to projection equipment and physical injuries were reported. But Racho stresses that the Islamists are not the only ones at fault in cases like this.

"We deplore the action of the Islamic radicals," he assures. "Unfortunately, the Pakistani government officials have not arrested the people who were responsible for attacking the Christians."

While encouraging Christians in the country to continue to be bold and spread the gospel, irrespective of the personal cost, ICC is urging Pakistan to take action against the attackers. At the same time, Racho reemphasizes the need for Americans to pray for the persecuted Christians.
Christians still suffering in Pakistan (OneNewsNow.com)

Minorities in Pakistan: No public holiday for Hindus for festivals
Minorities in Pakistan: No public holiday for Hindus for festivals – The Express Tribune

37 more disgruntled Hindus leave country for good
37 more disgruntled Hindus leave country for good | Pakistan Today | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia

Pakistan's Hindu Minority Lives in Mounting Fear
Pakistan's Hindu Minority Lives in Mounting Fear - Human Security Report Project
The Plight of Pakistani Christians
The Plight of Pakistani Christians « Pakistan, Indo-Pak Relations & Islamic Terrorism
://

These are some of the examples. And still you ignore and say its all lie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom