What's new

12th December; Karachi LockDown !

Where are the IK haters? You are all so silent right now.....

some people genuinely hate imran khan like you hate nawaz sharif. in my previous posts i was trying to potryay an unbaised picture in which the country is deeply hurt my imran khan's politics.

InshaAllah, I do have a heart. If Nawaz Sharif had a heart, he would immediately order the formation of the judicial commission that his government already agreed to with PTI so that the four constituencies in question could be fairly and impartially investigated. That is the key demand which, if met, will end these shutdown protests. Why is the government not going ahead with the commission to which they already agreed, and according to the terms they already agreed?

Do you really care about children going hungry because their parents missed a day of work? Those children could have been fed if PML-N had acted fairly according to their previous agreement! Please blame PML-N for not forming the judicial commission when they could do so in 24 hours!

The government has been hiding behind stay orders to prevent opening the ballot bags of the four constituencies that PTI has been requesting be audited. Only just recently did the election tribunal finally give permission to open the ballot bags of NA-122, and even then Sadiq, who allegedly won in NA-122, has been trying to create roadblocks to this. All this could have been dealt with over a year ago, and no shutdown protests would be needed, and children would be getting fed. Please blame PML-N for their blocking and delaying tactics in response to PTI's reasonable requests for opening just four constituencies.

The opening of the constituencies has been repeatedly blocked by stay orders from the PML-N government. This is why children are going hungry, so please place the blame where it is deserved!

1. I have stated this before, you should at least have the decency to read my posts. the PM has written a letter to the supreme court to investigate the election of 2013 based on the allegations made by PTI, which the supreme court has refused to take up because the election tribunal is already in place and working. the same tribunal in which the 4 constituencies imran khan demanded to be open are also open.

2. stay orders are the nuances in the legal system, they do not prevent justice from being served. the tribunals are working according to the law and the stay order is a part of that legal framework. the election tribunal is also independent from the government. pml n can not influence it any way or dictate its rulings because the tribunal works according to the law, not according to pmln or pti demands.

3. imran khan can not open any constituency in kpk. no one person in pakistan has the authority to open any constituency in any part of the country. a legal process is required and the branch that deals with this is the election tribunal. it is independent from the government.

4. imran khan refused to negotiate with the government. he specifically stated this numerous times and that he will also not end his sit in unless the PM resigns because according to him there can be no independent judicial investigation while nawaz sharif is PM.

5. imran khan's other demands also included the dissolution of all assemblies, national and provincial. the dissolution of the entire election commission. an interim government to take charge that is apolitical. election reform should be completed under that government and new elections should be called thereafter. he has been repeating this stance from his container for the past 5 months now.

6. so now all the blame of the harm done by imran khan to the country through these shut downs and sit ins goes to nawaz sharif? but already all the blame goes to nawaz sharif. PTI has left no limit in dehumanizing nawaz sharif. he is a murder, a thief and wants to destroy the country.therefore, imran khan's tactic to negotiate with nawaz sharif is by harming the country? but i thought that is what nawaz sharif wants to do! why would nawaz sharif care if imran khan destroys the country? after all that is what nawaz sharif himself wants to do! did i miss anything?

pity that our political rhetoric is still in the gutter. lets not be cult followers and worship people. everyone is a human. the path chosen by imran khan is irrational to say the least. it is destructive and dangerous for the country. i for one do not celebrate when pakistan is shut down and in flames.

people that came up with shut down to rebuild is the sum mentality of how little they care about the country. now i didn't highlight any lines so please read all of them before responding.

Last edited:
PTI gained 16% or so votes in the last general elections and this sar-e-aam gunda gardi will obviously be supposed by a tiny minority of any political party so it is not wrong to say that 1-3% of vote bank was roaming around freely like gunday-badmash and occupied the whole city where majority is not even their supporters and people like myself who has always been against negative approach of any politcal party suffered in Karachi.. If the bakery was shut, I could not buy bread for no reason, if the grocery shop was shut, I could not buy grocery to prepare food at home..

At least they told you it was going to happen long in advance. Did you not make preparations for the day, by going to the grocery shop or the bakery earlier this week? If not, why not?

As for 16% of the votes.....that's if you forget about the massive numbers of fake votes.
They had a lot more than that if you eliminate the rigging.We will hopefully find out soon.

some people genuinely hate imran khan like you hate nawaz sharif. in my previous posts i was trying to potryay an unbaised picture in which the country is deeply hurt my imran khan's politics.

1. I have stated this before, you should at least have the decency to read my posts. the PM has written a letter to the supreme court to investigate the election of 2013 based on the allegations made by PTI, which the supreme court has refused to take up because the election tribunal is already in place and working. the same tribunal in which the 4 constituencies imran khan demanded to be open are also open.

I will reply to things point by point, so you can see I have the decency to read what you write.
You claim that the PM has written a letter to the Supreme Court to investigate the allegations made by PTI about the rigging. You obviously think this means that the PM is willing to allow fair investigations of the rigging.
I say: this conclusion is utter rubbish.
The PM knew very well the Supreme Court was going to say this, since the election tribunal has been given this task by the Constitution.
So why did the PM write such a letter, knowing full well the request would be refused? Obviously, it's just a delaying and stalling tactic. The PM wrote the letter so that it would look like he is willing to engage in investigations,so that people like you would be taken in by it, whereas in reality it just bought him some time,since he knew what the Supreme Court would say in reply.

Now, do you agree with what I have written here about the PM's letter to the Supreme Court? And have I had the decency to read what you wrote in point 1 or not?

At least they told you it was going to happen long in advance. Did you not make preparations for the day, by going to the grocery shop or the bakery earlier this week? If not, why not?
This is not a valid excuse, if I say I will imprison you on next saturday so you can get yourself prepared before that... it is not fair

People's life is being disturbed by all this anarchy march and now doing gunda-gardi on streets and threatening the government and every political party, journalist and civilians whomsoever speaks against PTI or express freedom of speech by touching core issues and also criticising angel PTI for wrong doing.

Wrong is wrong, there is no excuse to that

This is not a valid excuse, if I say I will imprison you on next saturday so you can get yourself prepared before that... it is not fair

People's life is being disturbed by all this anarchy march and now doing gunda-gardi on streets and threatening the government and every political party, journalist and civilians whomsoever speaks against PTI or express freedom of speech by touching core issues and also criticising angel PTI for wrong doing.

Its for only one day anyways and it was voluntary for people to close shops, only roads were blocked for some hours...they were even letting the critical vehicles such as ambulances pass...this is certainly not ghunda gardi as you term it..if this small sacrifice is done for the good of the whole nation's electoral system and its state institutions then so be it.. current and future govt's currently is and will be doing 1000 times worse than this to you people and to those traders...if we as a nation won't stand against this current system then i can also term us as being selfish.

10599637_792349674170672_4344677836801560299_n.jpg

Its for only one day anyways and it was voluntary for people to close shops, only roads were blocked for some hours...they were even letting the critical vehicles such as ambulances pass...this is certainly not ghunda gardi as you term it..if this small sacrifice is done for the good of the whole nation's electoral system and its state institutions then so be it.. current and future govt's currently is and will be doing 1000 times worse than this to you people and to those traders...if we as a nation won't stand against this current system then i can also term us as being selfish.
PTI has historically given the impression of anti Noon League party... There day and night begins with cursing and swearing at N League.. there was a time I used to enjoy this nonsense for being pro-PTI or anti-N league... and up to certain extent considering PTI the party of whole Pakistan... but they decided to stick their guns with one party and wake up and sleep with them and see nothing beyond that...

Their goals for word-sake might be big... but practically there is hardly anything on ground.. bye for now

well put. and imran khan is not a prophet of god. he is human and can do wrong.

I will reply to things point by point, so you can see I have the decency to read what you write.
thank you.

You claim that the PM has written a letter to the Supreme Court to investigate the allegations made by PTI about the rigging.
i do not claim this. this is a fact. this is real thing that happened in real time.

You obviously think this means that the PM is willing to allow fair investigations of the rigging.
I say: this conclusion is utter rubbish.
PM allow? the investigation is not being done by the PM.

The PM knew very well the Supreme Court was going to say this, since the election tribunal has been given this task by the Constitution
thank you.

So why did the PM write such a letter, knowing full well the request would be refused? Obviously, it's just a delaying and stalling tactic. The PM wrote the letter so that it would look like he is willing to engage in investigations,so that people like you would be taken in by it, whereas in reality it just bought him some time,since he knew what the Supreme Court would say in reply.
i am not nawaz sharif. i can not claim to know what nawaz sharif thinks. i can only talk on facts. the fact is that nawaz sharif wrote the letter to the supreme court to investigate the election of 2013 based on the allegations made by PTI. the supreme court then, as you correctly pointed out yourself, refused to take this up because the election tribunal is already in place and working.

let us only judge by actions and facts. this was a meaningful discussion and i appreciate that you read and responded in this manner. you can go the 2nd point as i have nothing more to add. you can have a rebuttal but address point 2 in that as well. more discussion on this point will only be repetition of what I've already stated.

PTI has historically given the impression of anti Noon League party... There day and night begins with cursing and swearing at N League.. there was a time I used to enjoy this nonsense for being pro-PTI or anti-N league... and up to certain extent considering PTI the party of whole Pakistan... but they decided to stick their guns with one party and wake up and sleep with them and see nothing beyond that...

Their goals for word-sake might be big... but practically there is hardly anything on ground.. bye for now

You can say that PTI for now is more anti-N and less anti Zardari as the ruling govt. is Noon league's but as a PTI supporter i do highlight the bad things and the good things in PTI and accept as much reality as possible..before PTI, Siasat was considered a vulgar word to be honest among the people of pakistan for the most part but PTI has changed that impression alot and is continuing to show that they can achieve their rights not through guns but through street power..whether it maybe agitation, protests or through votes. Yes they're some black sheeps in PTI which need to be get rid off..but other than that its the most cleanest party you'll ever get in Pakistan...

You see the reason for a successful and peaceful protest is because unlike Punjab, PMLN doesnt have the same strength to unleash their gullu butts into action, if they tried, well they wouldnt have lasted long.

True but don't ignore the fact that mqm has also played its part behind the scene in locking down the city. PTI alone does not have this capacity to close down the entire city. PPP has her own grievance again PML-N and also don't want to take blame as well by disturbing the PTI call.
Lahore is a different story. We will see some kind of violence most likely as PML-N has a very strong power base in Lahore..

Syed Talat Hussain ‏@TalatHussain12
But politically the most fascinating aspect of the dharnas since August has been Pti's close coordination bordering on friendship with MQM.

While publicly and locally Pti remains locked in a deadly combat with the MQM, at the top the two haven't made a move without total symmetry

MQM has been denying and counter-accusing, but since August they have been inseparable thanks to Gen Musharaf and Ch Shujaat.

It was in this context that I had mentioned Arif Alvi's role as a bridge builder with MQM, to which he took needless exception.

To set the record straight I can show him evidence of his key part in engagement with MQM since August. A meeting at Ms Mazari's house?

this is certainly not ghunda gardi as you term it..if this small sacrifice is done for the good of the whole nation's electoral system and its state institutions then so be it..
It is a different perception kinda like situation where your hero can be my villain and my traitor is your war-hero

if similar gunda-gardi was done by MQM, everybody would be shouting against their gunda-gardi
If similar gunda-gardi was done by PML-N everybody would be shouting about Butt butt n butt

PTI seems to be immune in most cases where either you are with us (angel) or you are evil

PTI to Shutdown Schools in Karachi

PTI has made an appeal to shutdown schools in Karachi tomorrow in attempt to rebuild Pakistan. Historically PTI has been extremely vocal against any shutting down specially in Karachi. Arif Alvi’s call for shutting down Karachi, specially school was responded with displeasure by the residents of Karachi.

khi-studdown-580x680.png

Vice Chairman of PTI Shah Mehmood Qureshi also contacted MQM’s leader Altaf Hussain and reportedly asked him for support in shutting down Karachi. This is the same Altaf Hussain that PTI has always blamed of rigging elections, oppressing people and violence including killing of their own party worker Zohra Hussain.

Shah-Mehmood-Altaf-Hussain-580x326.jpg

PTI to Shutdown Schools in Karachi

PTI has made an appeal to shutdown schools in Karachi tomorrow in attempt to rebuild Pakistan. Historically PTI has been extremely vocal against any shutting down specially in Karachi. Arif Alvi’s call for shutting down Karachi, specially school was responded with displeasure by the residents of Karachi.

khi-studdown-580x680.png

Vice Chairman of PTI Shah Mehmood Qureshi also contacted MQM’s leader Altaf Hussain and reportedly asked him for support in shutting down Karachi. This is the same Altaf Hussain that PTI has always blamed of rigging elections, oppressing people and violence including killing of their own party worker Zohra Hussain.

Shah-Mehmood-Altaf-Hussain-580x326.jpg

Politics at its best. Who says that IK does not know politics.

It is a different perception kinda like situation where your hero can be my villain and my traitor is your war-hero

if similar gunda-gardi was done by MQM, everybody would be shouting against their gunda-gardi
If similar gunda-gardi was done by PML-N everybody would be shouting about Butt butt n butt

PTI seems to be immune in most cases where either you are with us (angel) or you are evil

There's a ghunda thing which makes MQM and Noon league guys ghundas, Guns, Dandas, Police...All under their control through which they forcefully make people do whatever they want them to do..in regards to PTI its Voluntary to do stuff, PTI supporters can only close down roads by either burning tires or do a sit in on major roads to block traffic and a day before they inform residents of such thing..thats it..agitation & protests are also a part of democracy..they're not like MQM who have done a gazillion of these till now, its only for a day...there's a world of difference between PTI and other parties with militant wings..

PTI is forced to do this after all the stuff they tried with the govt. to accept their fair demands it they had any Moral integrity, don't just start accusing PTI just cause its doing it for sake of doing it, look at the things what led to this, Resistance becomes a duty if rightful justice is not served.

Politics at its best. Who says that IK does not know politics.

Those people in the comments act like Ari alvi is demanding these schools to be closed like a don lol, its ironic how self serving and selfish some of our people have become who demand rights for themselves but when it comes to fight for them they act like its costing them a million dollars to do it. Yes if i were Arif alvi i'd request/appeal to the schools/colleges etc to close to not face any inconvenience but ofcourse its all voluntary..

کراچی ،،، 100فیصد بند

بات یہ نہیں ہے کہ عمران خان مقبول نہیں ہے، بات تو یہ ہے کہ تحریک انصاف کی جانب سے ہمیشہ جھوٹ ہی کیوں بولا جاتاہے اور میڈیا پی ٹی آئی کی لائنز پر کیوں کام کرتا ہے!
میں کراچی شہر کا مکین ہونے کے باوجود شام چار بجے تک یہ سمجھتا رہا کہ پی ٹی آئی کی ہڑتال کامیاب ہوگئی ہے اور 100فیصدکراچی بند ہے
چار بجے میں آئی آئی چندریگرروڈ سے نارتھ ناظم آباد آیا، صدربازارکھلاتھا، ایمپریس مارکیٹ کھلی تھی، کوریڈروتھری سے میں گرومندرآیا، نمائش پر 20سے25 پی ٹی آئی کے کارکن تھے، گرومندر کھلا تھا، میں لیاقت آباد ڈاک خانے آیا، کھانے پینے کی تمام دکانیں کھلیں تھیں، ٹریفک معمول کے مطابق تھا، پھر میں لیاقت آباد مارکیٹ آیا، پوری مارکیٹ کھلی تھی، نارتھ ناظم آباد کی فوڈ اسٹریٹ کی دکانیں کھلی تھیں، یہ تماشہ دیکھ کر میں کافی حیران ہوا
لیاقت آباد دس نمبر پر دوست کے ساتھ سموسے کھاتےہوئے میں نے سموسہ فروش سے پوچھا کہ سنا ہے آج کراچی میں ہڑتال ہے
سموسہ فروش نے جواب دیا کہ نئیں صاب، ٹی وی پر مت جائیں، اس وقت مجھے وہ سموسہ فروش ایک جہاندیدہ انسان نظرآیا
مجھے راستے میں صدر موبائل مارکیٹ، یونی پلازہ اور ٹیکنو سٹی بند نظرآئیں، دلچسپی کی بات یہ ہے کہ یہ تمام مارکیٹس اپنی مضبوط آرگنائزیشن رکھتی ہیں، یعنی ان کی آرگنائزیشن کے صدر کو ایک کال کرکے پوری مارکیٹ بند کرانا کوئی مشکل کام نہیں
میں نے جن راستوں کا ذکر کیا، وہاں تمام پیٹرول پمپس کھلے تھے، میں نے کریم آباد سے گاڑی میں پیڑول ڈلوایا، پبلک ٹرانسپورٹ تقریبابند تھی مگر اس کا بھی کچھ ایسا حال تھا کہ لیاقت آباد میں اپنے جس دوست کو ڈراپ کیا، وہ ایکس ٹین روٹ کی بس میں بیٹھ کر بلدیہ ٹاون گیا، ویسے بھی اب کراچی میں لوگ بسوں میں کم سفر کرتے ہیں، ان کی جگہ چنگچی رکشوں نے لے لی ہے اور وہ چل رہے تھے
گھرآکر میں نے اپنی خلش دور کرنے کے لیے نیوکراچی اور اورنگی ٹاون میں دوستوں کو فون کیا، انہوں نے بتایا کہ ان کے علاقوں میں کوئی ایک دکان بند نہیں ہے
اب میں سوچ رہاہوں کہ کراچی میں جو خواتین اوراحباب گھروں میں بیٹھ کر ٹی وی سے صورت حال کو اخذ کررہے ہوں گے، ان کے نزدیک تو اپنا شہر بھی بند ہوگا
کیا یہ عوام کے ساتھ دھوکا نہیں ہے؟ یقینا پی ٹی آئی نے مرکزی شاہراہیں بلاک کرکے اطراف کا کاروبار بند کردیا ہے مگر اس کا یہ مطلب نہیں کہ چار سڑکوں کی بندش کو پورے کراچی کی بندش قراردے دیاجائے
کیا تحریک انصاف کے دھرنوں میں شریک تین ہزار لوگ کراچی کے ڈھائی کروڑ افراد کے نمائندہ تھے؟
میڈیا نے کراچی اور پاکستان کی عوام سے کیوں جھوٹ بولا؟ ادھورا سچ دکھا کر پی ٹی آئی کو کون سی قوتیں کامیاب کرانا چاہ رہی ہیں؟
میں نے راستوں سے گزرتے ہوئے چند ایک مقامات کی تصاویر بنائی ہیں تاکہ سند رہے، آپ بھی ملاحظہ کریں
10845908_10203549924483825_7462124902267814679_n.jpg

Sadar

10850216_10203549924603828_7200874370533636846_n.jpg

Impress Market

11715_10203549926843884_796172424709088455_n.jpg

Gurumandir
10846480_10203549927803908_556914767029115394_n.jpg

Liaquatabad
10425454_10203549927763907_4801359453018696384_n.jpg

Liaquatabad
20701_10203549928443924_4624341462827206861_n.jpg

Liaquatabad (Super Market)