What's new

Zoroastrians

Just to clarify, these were introduced by the Persians (over centuries) and not borrowed by Islam from Zoroastrianism.

The similarities that we see today were works of intrigues and corruption to dilute the pure Islamic message and make it easier for them to accept Islam. Couldn't defeat on the battlefield but Muslims (simple minded free, liberal) of that time were no match for them when it came to intrigues and politics. One by one targeted and removed to pave way for all this.

We can see this throughout the world and even in pre-Islamic Arabia. For example, hanifs existed in pre-Islamic Arabia and Muhammad (SAW) early life. Hanifs were people that monotheistic and retained some of Ibrahim (AS) teachings.

Zayd bin Amr rejected both Christianity and Judaism

Khadija (RA) was said to have never believed in nor worshipped idols

Khaled bin Sinan was a judge who tried to bring people to Prophet Ibrahim (AS)'s ways and renounced idols

Pretty interesting stuff.

@Sayfullah

Last edited:
We can see this throughout the world and even in pre-Islamic Arabia. For example, hanifs existed in pre-Islamic Arabia and Muhammad (SAW) early life. Hanifs were people that monotheistic and retained some of Ibrahim (AS) teachings.

Zayd bin Amr rejected both Christianity and Judaism

Khadija (RA) was said to have never believed in nor worshipped idols

Khaled bin Sinan was a judge who tried to bring people to Prophet Ibrahim (AS)'s ways and renounced idols

Pretty interesting stuff.

Muhammad Peace be upon him, his father's name is Abdullah? Servant of ALLAH. The name itself tells you what they may have believed before revelations to Muhammad Peace be upon him.

Hazrat Ibrahim built the Khana Kaba, and what for? And why would Muhammad Peace be upon him not face towards, when it is right in front of him, built by his great grandfather and face some other direction which has no relevance nor existence at all.

As I said a lot we believe and practice today, may not be what it actually was.

Muhammad Peace be upon him, his father's name is Abdullah? Servant of ALLAH. The name itself tells you what they may have believed before revelations to Muhammad Peace be upon him.

Hazrat Ibrahim built the Khana Kaba, and what for? And why would Muhammad Peace be upon him not face towards, when it is right in front of him, built by his great grandfather and face some other direction which has no relevance nor existence at all.

Allah was just the Arabic name of God. Beyond that, however, the question still remains: why would a pagan man be named "Servant of God"? In this case, we have to look at the broader circumstances from which Islam arose. The Arabic tribes of the region were no strangers to Christianity, and certainly not strangers to the idea of a monotheistic god more generally: note that besides the Roman empire, the other major polity with which tribes in the area would have most often interacted, the Zoroastrian Sassanids, also believed in a supreme being, albeit one with a weaker, malevolent, dualistic counterpart

Scott Fitzgerald Johnson points out that Allah in pre-islamic Arabia either meant
A) one god among many in the pantheon venerated by the Quraysh;
B) another name for the head of the Qurayshi pantheon
C) the name of a creator god who had since fallen out of favor in the local myth.

According to the Islamic scholar Ibn Kathir, Arab pagans considered Allah as an unseen God who created and controlled the Universe. Pagans believed worship of humans or animals who had lucky events in their life brought them closer to God. Pre-Islamic Meccans worshiped Allah alongside a host of lesser gods and those whom they called the "daughters of Allah."

@Sayfullah

Zartosht (AS) was a true prophet. But problem is, His teachings was distorted by greedy clergies.

Most important point is that this religion is so very similar to Islam in many ways. That was one of the main reasons why prophet of Islam disagreed with military action against Iranian kingdom and chose the path of peace and negotiations with Iranian kingdom. Even after tearing his letter apart, he insisted on the point that Iranians would adapt Islam without any force. They just need to receive the massage.

Therefore, Islam never defeated Zoroastarian religion, on the contrary, Islam corrected it and completed it.

@Mirzali Khan

I must accept your insight came as a surprise. There is one more person who can share his insights on this topic better than anyone of us, but won't tag him here as he doesn't seem to be interested and it won't be appropriate to disclose his identity.

What are your views on Quds and Jerusalem? Is it really the actual Jerusalem?

@Mirzali Khan

I must accept your insight came as a surprise. There is one more person who can share his insights on this topic better than anyone of us, but won't tag him here as he doesn't seem to be interested and it won't be appropriate to disclose his identity.

What are your views on Quds and Jerusalem? Is it really the actual Jerusalem?

I always thought it was considering many different civilizations have been present there.

Zartosht (AS) was a true prophet. But problem is, His teachings was distorted by greedy clergies.

Most important point is that this religion is so very similar to Islam in many ways. That was one of the main reasons why prophet of Islam disagreed with military action against Iranian kingdom and chose the path of peace and negotiations with Iranian kingdom. Even after tearing his letter apart, he insisted on the point that Iranians would adapt Islam without any force. They just need to receive the massage.

Therefore, Islam never defeated Zoroastarian religion, on the contrary, Islam corrected it and completed it.
Agha, I have to disagree. Zoroaster being a Prophet is suspect mainly for the reason that a hadith mentions that only 4 Holy Books were sent down and the rest were Sahifas.

Now if you look at the Gathas, they mention Zoroaster invoking the Primordial Cow of Iranian polytheism (the world and all it's sentient and non-sentient elements were created from it's body parts, they claim). Given the Gathas were directly composed by him, I'd say he was just a charlatan who gained a following after tricking Vishtaspa. Also, much of the modern Zoroastrian faith is influenced by kikeroach (jew) doctrine and thus insanely corrupt, dogmatical and outright evil.

Do They believe in one God? I have a zoroastrian friend who has been spewing alot of stuff about the riots and that Iran is gonna go back to its roots aand back to zoroastrian religion. He calls Islamic "mullahs" evil and says Islam has no place in Iran and slanders islam much.

His posts were getting on my nerves so I kinda put him in his place about Islam and told him his people chose Islam over an outdated religion.

But I briefly read about zoroastrian religion and found out they believe in one God and have a prophet.

Could it be a religion from Allah back in the days?
Out of all the religions in the world, Being a Muslim, Zoroastrianism Has been really surprising for me in the sense that:

- It has too many parallels to Islam than Christianity or Judaism

- It has 101 names of The One God just like 99 in Islam

- Ahura Mazda is the Spirit of Good (Allah) while Angra Manyu is the evil (Iblis), Just that Angra Manyu has been given greater status much closer to a God than in Islam where Iblis is a mere Jin. It is the war between Ahura Mazda and Angra Manyu and one day Angra manyu will be defeated by combined strength of Ahura Mazda followers.

- They have Major Angels and even their version of Holy Spirit (Jibrael)

- Zoroastra (founder) was a Prophet (I believe he is Ibrahim AS himself as per my research and also the proximity of the area matches, Ibrahim of Ur vs Zoroastra of western Iran)

- They also have a Holy book which is a Great poetry (Avesta) just like we have Quran

- The most interesting point, They have a ‘Cube’ building just like We have Kabah (search google Cube of zoroaster)

- They also have the Bridge of Sirat for the day of judgement where people will pass or fall

- The story of God’s revelation to Zoroaster is a direct Parallel to that of Ibrahim AS. Zoroaster just like Ibrahim AS was a curious soul and used to wonder the purpose and reason of existence, The creator of all. One day while he was across a river, Suddenly a hole appeared on sky, Bright light followed, The Main Angel came to him and revealed just like that of Ibrahim AS

- As per some research, It is believed that fire worshipping as a pagan act was introduced to Zoroastrianism much after the original faith’s introduction which implies gradual corruption.

I accept this part and I am at times, Highly critical of many Ahadith, even so called ‘Sahih Ahadith’.

The Imams were just enthusiastic scholars who wanted to compile whatever they were hearing/reading from different sources.

There’s no way they can be 100% correct in every thing they have drafted and they probably knew that myself.

The issue is with the cult that started giving them Imams the equal honour of a Prophet which created many undesired issues pertaining to understanding of fiqh and Shariah.

People can’t even bother to hear fair criticism of a particular Hadith or Imam, This is the issue. And then they start labeling.

I come from a family where I would get termed for all this but yet my research on various things such as ‘Ancient History’, Different religions, Myths, archaeological evidence forces me to correct my beliefs with regards to the current understanding of Islam.

I view Quran as the Light, Unparalleled and most reliable as compared to the fragments of ahadith that were documented later on. Much of the ahadith are more of a local tradition than the religion itself.

Agha, I have to disagree. Zoroaster being a Prophet is suspect mainly for the reason that a hadith mentions that only 4 Holy Books were sent down and the rest were Sahifas.

Now if you look at the Gathas, they mention Zoroaster invoking the Primordial Cow of Iranian polytheism (the world and all it's sentient and non-sentient elements were created from it's body parts, they claim). Given the Gathas were directly composed by him, I'd say he was just a charlatan who gained a following after tricking Vishtaspa. Also, much of the modern Zoroastrian faith is influenced by kikeroach (jew) doctrine and thus insanely corrupt, dogmatical and outright evil.
but there is one problem with your theory of creatin , Zoroaster has nothing to do with creation at all.
can you point us exactly were in Gatha it came Zoroaster slain primordial Cow to build the world , its something more in line of ancient Mesopotamian theology not zoroasterism , in fact their creation tale is very similar to Abrahamic religions

but there is one problem with your theory of creatin , Zoroaster has nothing to do with creation at all.
can you point us exactly were in Gatha it came Zoroaster slain primordial Cow to build the world , its something more in line of ancient Mesopotamian theology not zoroasterism , in fact their creation tale is very similar to Abrahamic religions
He swears by the Cow in the very first Gatha and that Cow is the Primordial Cow in karkasparasti from whose slain corpse the world was created with all in it.

The Prophet addressed this letter to the king of Persia: “In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. “From the Prophet Muhammad, to Chosroes, ruler of Persia.” “Blessed are those who follow Guidance and put faith in Allah and His Messenger. I bear witness that none is worthy of worship except Allah. He is One and has no partner, and Muhammad is His servant and Messenger. I call you to Allah, as I am a Prophet sent to all mankind to warn those alive and to establish the truth in the eyes of the unbelievers. Accept Islam and you will be secure. In case you reject it, you shall bear the sin of all the Magi.”

You too shall bear the sin of attributing lies to Allah and His Apostle.

Back
Top Bottom