What's new

Zionist and Hezbollah/Lebanon War 2006: The Role of Tunnels and Bunkers

Hezbollah Attacks on Pro-Israeli Troops Leave 1 Soldier Dead, 1 Hurt

"May 13, 2000 in print edition A-6

Guerrillas attacked Israeli-allied militiamen Friday in southern Lebanon, killing one and wounding another in attacks that provoked Israeli air and ground retaliation.

Iranian-backed Hezbollah rebels also fired mortars near the border, damaging an Israeli outpost, an Israeli spokesman said."

Source:Hezbollah Attacks on Pro-Israeli Troops Leave 1 Soldier Dead, 1 Hurt - Los Angeles Times

It seems that there was such an attack by Hezbollah on an IDF outpost a few days after May 13, 2000 (5 days after which corresponds w/ the video's date May 18 , 2000)

Other sources show during May 2000 Israel was withdrawing from southern Lebanon. This correlates to the time period of Hezbollah's emergence, as they were driving out the IDF in southern Lebanon at the time.

"On March 5, 2000, the Israeli cabinet pledged a withdrawal from Lebanon by July. The Israeli decision surprised and alarmed the Arab states, depriving Syria of its main pressure point against Israel...

Before dawn on Wednesday, May 24 [2000], six weeks before they planned to shut down the buffer zone, Israeli troops abandoned Beaufort Castle and their few remaining outposts in Lebanon, bringing home their last troops without suffering any casualties." -2002 - Ian J. Bickerton, PhD , Carla L. Klausner, PhD

Source: Why did Israel withdraw from South Lebanon in 2000?

Hezbollah Attacks on Pro-Israeli Troops Leave 1 Soldier Dead, 1 Hurt

"May 13, 2000 in print edition A-6

Guerrillas attacked Israeli-allied militiamen Friday in southern Lebanon, killing one and wounding another in attacks that provoked Israeli air and ground retaliation.

Iranian-backed Hezbollah rebels also fired mortars near the border, damaging an Israeli outpost, an Israeli spokesman said."

Source:Hezbollah Attacks on Pro-Israeli Troops Leave 1 Soldier Dead, 1 Hurt - Los Angeles Times

It seems that there was such an attack by Hezbollah on an IDF outpost a few days after May 13, 2000 (5 days after which corresponds w/ the video's date May 18 , 2000)

Other sources show during May 2000 Israel was withdrawing from southern Lebanon. This correlates to the time period of Hezbollah's emergence, as they were driving out the IDF in southern Lebanon at the time.

"On March 5, 2000, the Israeli cabinet pledged a withdrawal from Lebanon by July. The Israeli decision surprised and alarmed the Arab states, depriving Syria of its main pressure point against Israel...

Before dawn on Wednesday, May 24 [2000], six weeks before they planned to shut down the buffer zone, Israeli troops abandoned Beaufort Castle and their few remaining outposts in Lebanon, bringing home their last troops without suffering any casualties." -2002 - Ian J. Bickerton, PhD , Carla L. Klausner, PhD

Source: Why did Israel withdraw from South Lebanon in 2000?

There may well have been a event around that date but trust me thats not actual combat. The guys are all too vertical and there is no return fire. one of them is wearing a BLUE helmet!

Also it says by mortar fire of which you can hear none. and I don't care how fanatical you are a cameraman will not follow assault team in.

dude the last one was a training exercise or something. It was not real.

Perhaps it is a training exercise, but other reports show that Hezbollah in fact did attack a IDF outpost. Read this News source below.

Guerrillas Attack Israeli Troops

Associated Press Online

AP Online
05-10-2000
Guerrillas Attack Israeli Troops

"BEIRUT, Lebanon (AP) -- Guerrillas attacked a string of military posts in the Israeli-occupied zone of south Lebanon early today, provoking airstrikes and artillery shelling, Lebanese security officials said.

Hezbollah guerrillas claimed responsibility for the rocket and machine-gun attacks, which began shortly after midnight Tuesday, saying they scored ``direct and definite hits'' on several positions.

The security officials, speaking on condition they not be identified by name, confirmed the attacks, saying Israeli troops and their allied militiamen responded by shelling the source of fire north of the Israeli-occupied enclave."

Source: Guerrillas Attack Israeli Troops | Article from AP Online | HighBeam Research

My point is Hezbollah attacked an IDF outpost.

Israeli bunkers wouldn't be constructed from field-expedient material. OTOH, you would use those materials for a training site.

See the weapon in the bunker? Old M1919A4 Browning .30cal LMG. Probably from the Lebanese Army. KeyserSoze saw the important stuff. Zilch return fire. Beaucoup sihouletted troops. Oh! Sorta REAL tired by the time they're approaching the objective. Wasn't a lot of "get up and go" in those legs.

Finally note the nature of the reported attacks at the time. Attack by fire-rockets and machinegun fire. No assaults. Wouldn't happen in daytime if intent was to seize the position.

Helps the camera man though...and the viewing audience.

At night, it would be utter chaos and you'd not figure sh!t out from a camera.

Nahal Bde element attacking at night in 2006-

Can't link but cut & paste will get you there-

switch248-01.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp?ClipMediaID=209947&ak=63628786

Very convoluted but prefix http://, throw in the above and it should work.

Give you fellows a chance to see things from the other side-for real. About 20 minutes as I recall. Ages ago from Strategypage.

I agree with the fact many of the people in the US are totally pro-Isreal due to the churches preach the jews are God's chosen people. The old Testament is full of stories where God instructed the jews to kill off whole nations of people.

I too have had jewish friends and have no problem with jews or their religion. I do have a problem with Zionists and their treatment of anyone who is a non jew.

I feel I can say most Americans have no Idea what a "Zionist" is. I have had more than one ignorant person who was not able to see the difference between a jew and a Zionist. It is like, if you say anything about them you are anti-American and a terrorist.

Sometimes I feel the way America was taken from the natives here is no different than the way the Zionists treat the people of Palestine and take their land. Perhaps that is why America gives so much support to Isreal? No it is the brain washing . LOL.

So what have your opinions to do with tunnels and bunkers?

Back
Top Bottom