What's new

Zhuhai Air Show 2014 - Updates & Discussions

I got a feeling all J-15 will enter service with Taihang engine.

The Taihang version of J-15 will enter in service with the Type 002 supercarrier.

BTW, let's how well the later modified Taihang version could work with the ski-jump carrier.

The early J-10B units still have the AL-31F engine, because we won't waste those AL-31F engines that we have purchased from Russia years ago.

However, the prototype 1035 has proved that the WS-10A/B engine works perfectly fine on the J-10B.
Well ... if it's truth as the news said, i wish to see more doemstic WS-10A jet engines on these mass production 3.5gen J-10B fighters ... now China can produce 30x J-10B each year, so only WS-10A widely installed on J-10B fighters can prove AVIC success.

Im waiting for J-10Bs + WS-10A
195557dyqfd0rnj4zjzfr9.jpg

PLAAF will have 1800+ 4th/4.5th/5th gen fighters before year 2020, that's really power there.
I don't think so, bro ! As far as i knew, current PLAAF has 250+ J-10A, 200+ J-11A/B, 90x Su30mkk/mk2 ... 200x JH-7/A (a fighter/bomber) ... so now near 600x 4th fighters (unincluding JH-7/A here).

Until to 2020 ... if J-20 join (at most 100x, maybe less), J-10B join (at most 150x), J-16 join (near 100x), J-15 join (60x ?), total PLAAF 4th/4.5th/5th will be 1,000x ~ 1,100x fighters ... this's just a optimistic estimation ! coz CAC need produce J-10B and J-20 together, SAC also need produce J-15, J-16, J-11B together maybe include FC-31 ... ur capacity of fighter production is limited.

Don't forget, u also need trainning more fighter pilots ! but many Su27sk/ubk, early J-11 will retired from PLAAF ... so i estimate near 1,000x .

Last edited:
The fighters production speed of China can't meet the rampant expansion of PLAAF, so we need more WS10 and AL31,even more SU35.
if su35's engine is the only factor considered & the new taihang variant produces 14000kgf there is little prospect to buy su35.
pls dont tell it is for politacal or economic reasons...

if su35's engine is the only factor considered & the new taihang variant produces 14000kgf there is little prospect to buy su35.
pls dont tell it is for politacal or economic reasons...
For TVC

No one can rival us in Asia except for USA.
And are you happy with that? you certainly seem to be boasting like this. Not a good attitude for people who want to be a superpower.

For that your attitude must be, that nothing short of being the best compared to the rest of the world combined will work.

Also, yes no one will individually meet China, but people can do that collectively. Russia, Japan, India, Vietnam and Phillippines combined can better China.

And are you happy with that? you certainly seem to be boasting like this. Not a good attitude for people who want to be a superpower.

For that your attitude must be, that nothing short of being the best compared to the rest of the world combined will work.

Also, yes no one will individually meet China, but people can do that collectively. Russia, Japan, India, Vietnam and Phillippines combined can better China.
you can extricate Russia from your list. Vietnam? maybe. Philippine, just ignore it cause it has zero military ability.

Exactly. China's ONLY limiter is metallurgy/process engineering. My personal estimate is that 5 years more and they are at par with the US. Give China 10 more years, they've it in them to outdo anyone, that includes the US.

Not exactly. They have had their templates but design was NEVER an issue. The Chinese can design a variable cycle engine today.. what they cannot do is come up with the materials to build it. Today's Chinese engines all suffer from that single limiter. To solve that the Chinese are taking the two pronged approach of try to replicate along with directed purchasing of information. Their idea is that if they can learn how to develop the alloys used on the PW-100 reliably.. they can take it further from there.

I disagree mate. In mass production of reliable jet engines, it's not 'skillful' labor that matters, it's the R&D in metallurgy and process engineering that matters the most. Once you have that nailed, you've an excellent pool of trained engineers, then you can actually train goats and robots to do the rest of the work.

China is almost there. It's just 5 more years before you're in an elite club of 2. Yes, only you and the US of A for certain engine types. No one, I mean no one has the resources to catch you guys once you break that threshold.

You need more skillful workers to pop up the production of the jet engines.

During the early induction of WS-10, we were facing this problem; some mass produced engines didn't match the quality of the testing prototype. Because we didn't have many skillful workers in this domain.

When an unexperienced worker made a mistake of 1mm of discrepancy, then the engine will lose at least 10% of performance, and something worse could even happen as well.

I say now we have by far more skillful jet engine assembly workers than a decade ago, but still not enough to match our goal for the air force modernization, that's why we are still using some Russian AL-31F engines for the substitution.

Now Indian members don't waste your precious time questioning the relaibility of WS10 engine, it had been officially explained.
ws series engines are far better than even russian engines in many terms
indian poor engine kaveri still in testing phase and they even can't repair AL-31 engines and rd series engines
result every year their front line jets faces engine failure issue
PLZ DON'T TAKE THEM SERIOUS ACTUALLY ZHUHAI REALLY HURT THEM BADLY

Indians can't produce 90% of the subcomponents of an assembly of ANY engine, that includes the so called 'cryogenic' engine. No one on this green earth transfers 100% of tech and knowhow as 'ToT'. Only nations who go through the 'whole' cycle of R&D, either through pure research plus full scale industrial espionage, ever, understand the full technology. China is one of those nations that can, and does.

Well i just know Indian can't produce single crystal blades yet ... that let's see how many years Indian domestic blades out. It's the heart of the heart inside jet engine.

As far as i knew, 2017~2018 PLAAF wll receive J-20 mass production version and domestic WS-15 also will out before 2020. Just when we talk here, J-10B had formally joint PLAAF ... J-15 started mass production. Although China jet engine develop slowly, but our fighter update fast.

This China 1st AESA 3-gen fighter will build 200+ as same as J-10A. :angel:
View attachment 150614

Back
Top Bottom