What's new

Zhuhai Air Show 2014 - Updates & Discussions

19194905.jpg

That's WS-10A ? looks like AL-31F ...

The early J-10B units still have the AL-31F engine, because we won't waste those AL-31F engines that we have purchased from Russia years ago.

However, the prototype 1035 has proved that the WS-10A/B engine works perfectly fine on the J-10B.

The fighters production speed of China can't meet the rampant expansion of PLAAF, so we need more WS10 and AL31,even more SU35.

The early J-10B units still have the AL-31F engine, because we won't waste those AL-31F engines that we have purchased from Russia years ago.

However, the prototype 1035 has proved that the WS-10A/B engine works perfectly fine on the J-10B.

I shall say leave those engine for the old J-10A. The J-10B needs Taihang.

Our airforce can't wait anymore, and the navy aviation is starving as well. The jets they need is mammoth in number. The annual production numbers of fighers in CHina is even surpassing the whole fleet of medium size country airforce.

The production of the Taihang engine needs to satisfy the demand of the heavy aircraft fighters first.

And the J-15 right now uses the AL-31F because the Russian engine is more suitable for the ski-jump.

BTW, with the recent leaked pics of the testing steam catapult, the later J-15B will use the Taihang engine because it works better with the catapult system.

The production of the Taihang engine needs to satisfy the demand of the heavy aircraft fighters first.

And the J-15 right now uses the AL-31F because the Russian engine is more suitable for the ski-jump.

BTW, with the recent leaked pics of the testing steam catapult, the later J-15B will use the Taihang engine because it works better with the catapult system.
I got a feeling all J-15 will enter service with Taihang engine.

Back
Top Bottom