What's new

Zaid Hamid Sentenced to 8 years in Jail and 1200 Lashes

Religious extremists call me a western secular liberal apostate, and Liberals call me a Wahabi mullah. Decide for yourself. As for my religious views, I am a ghair-muqallid Sunni.
Yeah, you got me confusing on some threads. Some posts of yours were liberal, others were extremely radical. It took me a long time to figure you out :D. You are really a tough nut to crack! :D

As long the lashes do no bodily harm, I am OK for it. Also how much of a psychological harm they do via humiliation in public should be answered by renowned psychiatrists. Out of my personal experience with both lashes and public humiliation in our schools as a child, I can tell it wasn't a pleasant experience. It rarely worked as it was meant to do and later on, those of us who received the most beatings on nearly daily basis, actually revolted and never completed their basic education. They later turned out to be criminals or just lazy sobs. I am not against punishment, but punishment must have a real rehabilitation effect attached to it. Or else, it's just blind imitation of 9th century commandments, as it was like this people were punished in the past. @TankMan
Of course, like everything, punishments need to remain within reasonable limits for them to be effective and not backfire.

As per my info He criticized KSA for making coalition against a militia powered by another Muslim country. But same KSA do nothing when Israel bomb innocent people in Gaza..... he criticise both KSA and Iran for dividing Muslim world in two pieces and I believe he is right....... his solid and overpowered voice my sounds stupid but what ever he says.........Happens.........sooner or later

But same KSA do nothing when Israel bomb innocent people in Gaza
When did Saudi take any responsibility for the Palestinians? They are ok to form an alliance with Israel against Iran as long it suits their interests. Cowards.

As long the lashes do no bodily harm, I am OK for it. Also how much of a psychological harm they do via humiliation in public should be answered by renowned psychiatrists. Out of my personal experience with both lashes and public humiliation in our schools as a child, I can tell it wasn't a pleasant experience. It rarely worked as it was meant to do and later on, those of us who received the most beatings on nearly daily basis, actually revolted and never completed their basic education. They later turned out to be criminals or just lazy sobs. I am not against punishment, but punishment must have a real rehabilitation effect attached to it. Or else, it's just blind imitation of 9th century commandments, as it was like this people were punished in the past. @TankMan

I have seen photos of lashings in Iran for instance and it looked nothing like in KSA or the video I just showed you.

This is from Iran (google the photo).

KSA on the other hand:

(that guy received about 50 lashings in those 20 seconds it lasted)

I will tell you this honestly. All laws applied by humans are flowed but I belong to that group of people that believes that you must be tough on crime even though it is not always productive in terms of reducing actual crime laws. Here it is my morality speaking. I find it offensive that a person like Breivik after killing 90 innocent people is living in a prison and conditions that 2 billion people on the planet cannot even phantom in terms of luxury and that he can get out after serving 16 years or how much it was.

Just like apparently a lot of people find it offensive that KSA is executing murderers and drug dealers by beheading which lasts 2 seconds.

Let me just say it this way. I liked the example I gave (the man who hit his mother) and the sentence he got. I think he received a prison sentences of 2-3 years AND 200 or so lashings. Those that are seen in my video. I am perfectly fine with that although it is corporal punishment. If the crime is grave enough I am all for it as it is not meant to cause bodily harm/permanent damage but it serves more as humiliation hence it is done in public.

That's just my opinion.

When did Saudi take any responsibility for the Palestinians? They are ok to form an alliance with Israel against Iran as long it suits their interests. Cowards.

KSA has no historical beef with Israel and there is no alliance. Iran had no trouble begging/buying weapons from the "evil Jews" when they most needed it during the Iraq-Iran war and are probably to this day talking with the Israeli's. So much for all the "death to Israel, Jews etc." chants. At least you see none of that in KSA. Nor EMPTY barking of destroying Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_support_for_Iran_during_the_Iran–Iraq_war

This one is especially good.

'Iran can destroy Israel in 9 minutes' - Israel News, Ynetnews

:lol:

Yes, cowards for not attacking a nuclear armed state that has the backing of the US and the entire Western world. Wonder why nobody has attacked Israel since 1973? Not even nuclear Pakistan.

Back to those silly comments again Norwegian I see. It does not suit you. I much prefer the more serious version of you.

P.S: I have zero problems with the Arab world and Israel becoming friends again once the Palestinian question is solved. We are cousins and neighbors so why not. We need to move forward.

Last edited:
I guess only people feel bad when I criticize Qadianisn but ignore others !

Don't insult religious organization that have support of most Pakistanis. Khatem-e-Nabuwat is legitimate organization

Don't insult a legitimate religious sect of Islam. You can criticize people who carry out these actions.idl

Don't insult peoples faith !

You target and talk like that about their sect and they start crying and moaning like a little B!tch and will rabidly call you intolerant,terrorist and sectarian..But then PDF also support their policy so whom to complain..??

It's shameless to use word Muslim ummah for politics when u do the best shot against Iran and can't do a damn against Israel........cowards indeed

I have seen photos of lashings in Iran for instance and it looked nothing like in KSA or the video I just showed you.

This is from Iran (google the photo).

KSA on the other hand:

(that guy received about 50 lashings in those 20 seconds it lasted)

I will tell you this honestly. All laws applied by humans are flowed but I belong to that group of people that believes that you must be tough on crime even though it is not always productive in terms of reducing actual crime laws. Here it is my morality speaking. I find it offensive that a person like Breivik after killing 90 innocent people is living in a prison and conditions that 2 billion people on the planet cannot even phantom in terms of luxury and that he can get out after serving 16 years or how much it was.

Just like apparently a lot of people find it offensive that KSA is executing murderers and drug dealers by beheading which lasts 2 seconds.

Let me just say it this way. I liked the example I gave (the man who hit his mother) and the sentence he got. I think he received a prison sentences of 2-3 years AND 200 or so lashings. Those that are seen in my video. I am perfectly fine with that although it is corporal punishment. If the crime is grave enough I am all for it as it is not meant to cause bodily harm/permanent damage but it serves more as humiliation hence it is done in public.

That's just my opinion.

KSA has no historical beef with Israel and there is no alliance. Iran had no trouble begging/buying weapons from the "evil Jews" when they must needed it during the Iraq-Iran war and are probably to this day talking with the Israeli's. So much for all the "death to Israel, Jews etc." chants. At least you see none of that in KSA. Nor EMPTY barking of destroying Israel.

This one is especially good.

:lol:

Yes, cowards for not attacking a nuclear armed state that has the backing of the US and the entire Western world. Wonder why nobody has attacked Israel since 1973? Not even nuclear Pakistan.

Back to those silly comments again Norwegian I see. It does not suit you. I much prefer the more serious version of you.

You are arguing with people who would support any legitimate or illegitimate act of Iran be it sending mercenaries to support rebellions or illegitimate Governments but would bark like anything when they are given the taste of their medicine and would start to act very innocent and victims..But then again PDF does have attracted some really brainwashed looneys who would sell their country for Iran anytime of the day let alone their Rivals since Qadissya battle "Arabs"..I hope its clear now..

Another thing.

Regarding the lashes.

In KSA lashes are never meant to cause bodily harm to a person but they are solely intended as humiliation as lashings are almost always done in public.

This is how lashings are done in KSA.

Islamically the lashes are never meant to cause bodily harm. As you rightfully said they are meant to humiliate in public. The humiliation aspect is enough for deterrence of crime. Ignorant people automatically assume that the lashes are strictly meant to cause bodily harm like bruising and bleeding when in fact that's not allowed under Shariah law.

bunch of shameless people we have as leaders indeed
maybe army would have stepped in if he was former soldier. nonetheless he fought the Afghan jihad as well. this act was purely devious act by the Saudis that reminds me the treachery of people of Kufa .

just shows how low they can get by nabbing the guy visiting KSA during Ramadan with his family on pilgrim and these sad fucks get him because he ranted against their questionable policies,.
Bro, its all speculative for now. Unless there is reliable source that states that he was arrested for criticizing Saudi government in Pakistan??

It's shameless to use word Muslim ummah for politics when u do the best shot against Iran and can't do a damn against Israel........cowards indeed

Look brother, the Muslim world has not done enough for Palestine and Iran is certainly not better than KSA on this front (rather the contrary) as they have never touched Israel even once in their history. All they can do is barking (see post 256) and using the "achievements" of Shia Arabs (Hezbollah).

When Iran was most in need of help they ran to Israel to cry for their help/support. At least KSA has never done such a thing nor is KSA claiming to be able to destroy Israel in 9 minutes.

KSA has no official relations with Israel. Saudi Arabians cannot visit Israel or vice versa. Where is the criticism for all those Muslim states that have open relations or like Turkey for instance fairly large economical relations with Israel?

Article from February this year.

Trade between Israel and Turkey booming - Israel Business, Ynetnews

Why is it always KSA that is criticized? For what reason exactly? On which front have KSA and Israel ever cooperated? Is it because KSA like most of the Arab world, Turkey and INTERNATIONAL community stand on the "same side" in regards to Iran's ambitions in the world. support of terrorist proxies, attempt of making a nuclear weapon to achieve hegemony etc.? If so that's really, really silly.

You are arguing with people who would support any legitimate or illegitimate act of Iran be it sending mercenaries to support rebellions or illegitimate Governments but would bark like anything when they are given the taste of their medicine and would start to act very innocent and victims..But then again PDF does have attracted some really brainwashed looneys who would sell their country for Iran anytime of the day let alone their Rivals since Qadissya battle "Arabs"..I hope its clear now..

I have noticed the obvious bias from certain users brother. Ironically those same users like to present themselves as "neutrals" which is quite clearly not the case. One would at least have more respect for them if they were fair in their judgement but they are clearly NOT.

Islamically the lashes are never meant to cause bodily harm. As you rightfully said they are meant to humiliate in public. The humiliation aspect is enough for deterrence of crime. Ignorant people automatically assume that the lashes are strictly meant to cause bodily harm like bruising and bleeding when in fact that's not allowed under Shariah law.

Bro, its all speculative for now. Unless there is reliable source that states that he was arrested for criticizing Saudi government in Pakistan??

Exactly brother. Executions in KSA are also done in public. Of course from a quite wide distance though. This way it has more effect than if it was done behind closed doors.

People are quick to judge based on nothing but rumors and have not asked themselves why this has never occurred with other anti-KSA (House of Saud more precisely) Muslims (more well-known) that have visited KSA for umrah, hajj, family visits or business trips?

Look brother, the Muslim world has not done enough for Palestine and Iran is certainly not better than KSA on this front (rather the contrary) as they have never touched Israel even once in their history. All they can do is barking (see post 256) an using the "achievements" of Shia Arabs (Hezbollah).

When Iran was most in need of help they ran to Israel to cry for their help/support. At least KSA has never done such a thing nor is KSA claiming to be able to destroy Israel in 9 minutes.

KSA has no official relations with Israel. Saudi Arabians cannot visit Israel or vice versa. Where is the criticism for all those Muslim states that have open relations or like Turkey for instance fairly large economical relations with Israel?

Article from February this year.

Trade between Israel and Turkey booming - Israel Business, Ynetnews

Why is it always KSA that is criticized? For what exactly? On which front have KSA and Israel ever cooperated? Is it because KSA like most of the Arab world, Turkey and INTERNATIONAL community stand on the "same side" in regards to Iran's ambitions in the world. support of terrorist proxies, attempt of making a nuclear weapon to achieve hegemony etc.? If so that's really, really silly.

I have noticed the obvious bias from certain users brother. Ironically those same users like to present themselves as "neutrals" which is quite clearly not the case. One would at least have more respect for them if they were fair in their judgement but they are clearly NOT.

These are the same members who would abuse and insult other's faiths and sects and call it the freedom of speech but when you reply them in a similar tone,all of a sudden all the blame is put on you and then ironically you are the one called sectarian and unfortunately they are readily tolerated by PDF administration here..Expecting rationality from these Brainwashed sectarian oriented people is worthless and obviously waste of time...

zaid hamid like most nutjobs believed in sharia so it is fair that he punished using sharia dictated lashes or whatever. He and people like that bozo hamid gul (ex isi) - bunch near empty rattles that somehow made such an impact on gullible Pakistani youth and have radicalized a generation.

He has not been punished yet and not all laws in KSA are Islamic contrary to popular belief. This one would not be one of them.

I have no idea about who he is other than what I can google but I rather not comment as I don't know him well enough and contrary to some users here I don't base my knowledge about a given subject on a quick look on Wikipedia or some forums, lol.

Time to call it a day. Let's see what will happen. Just remember, direct your disagreements towards the House of Saud. The ordinary Saudi Arabians have nothing to do with such policies and have mostly only affinity for Pakistan and the regular Pakistan outside of a tiny minority of lowly educated people who are misbehaving in regards to labour workforce.

Ramadan Mubarak and cheers.

The person abd al wahab is unnecessarily maligned individual.what ppl call extreme wahabism etc he is never the one who brought that. There was a time when ppl were deviating from correct islamic practices he spoke against that and revived the teachings. He never even called it wahabsism or naything as such,. These were the titles associated with him much later. Whenever i come on these forums i honestly find ppl so stupid and idiotic that they dont study history and believe in hearsay and propagate it. Anyways, current extreme wahabism has nothing to with this guy. He is just highly maligned for pointing out to ppl several incorrect practices which mainly include stuff like grave worship that in current times we see as mizar parasti and so called sufism .

Fatwa was given by Abd-Wahab's father to warn people of his deviant aqeedah. His father was a sunni scholar and his brother was a sunni scholar; Sulayman ibn Abdl Wahab. 'al-Sawa’iq al-Ilahiyya fi al-radd `ala al-Wahhabiyya'. Al-Azhar gave a fatwa against him as well.

Sunni scholar like Jamil Effendi al-Zahawi said, teachers of Ibn `Abdul-Wahhab, including two he had studied with in Medina –Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Sulayman al-Kurdi and Shaykh Muhammad Hayat al-Sindi. They became aware of his anti-Sunni creed and warned Muslims from him. His shayouk, used to say:“God will allow him [to] be led astray; but even unhappier will be the lot of those misled by him.

In conclusion - he was described as ''wahabi'' as on the above mentioned fatwa. His aqeedah from from Kitabul Tawheed contains many errors and should be avoided as mentioned by the Salaf.

Back
Top Bottom