What's new

Zaid Hamid Sentenced to 8 years in Jail and 1200 Lashes

you mean

qp-s2.jpg
He will receive 1200 lashes. ..He will become shemale soon. Then he will work hard to find the rights of shemale and how to prayer , finding dress code for shemale but in Vain as it is not written in Quran. ...
Finally, he will try to Attack on ISRO, then scientists and then go to mars with his horse.

I am Barelvi and I think the Barelvi sect has been more "folk" Islam with belief adopted from local pagans. Qawwali music, year round Milad-u-Nabi, Nyaz, etc and other customs have been modified from paganism.
And all these practices are nowhere to be found in islam. Actually mujhay deoband ya braelvi kisi ka itna pata nahi hai, iwas taught u are a muslim uskay baad itna nahi pata sects ki further divisions ka.

And all these practices are nowhere to be found in islam. Actually mujhay deoband ya braelvi kisi ka itna pata nahi hai, iwas taught u are a muslim uskay baad itna nahi pata sects ki further divisions ka.

Deobandi firqa wahhabi kay qarib hay

To understand why that is you must understand that KSA is a very rich country. It's not something that I have invented overnight.

That is all well and good. Getting back to the topic of this thread, when is the sentence being carried out? :D

Exactly. I think these 25 million Arabians are either not ready for the revolution or they don't want to oust autocratic House of Saud from power?

The reality (and I personally would like to see changes occurring House of Saud or not) is that most people are content or at least content enough not to rebel.

To understand why that is you must understand that KSA is a very rich country. It's not something that I have invented overnight.

1) There are no taxes.

2) The average Saudi Arabian has a bigger GDP per capita (nominal) than the average EU citizen.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3) For instance the HDI (Human Development Index) in KSA is comparable to that found in the EU. Only small and extremely rich Qatar scores better in the Muslim.

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) KSA for now is a secure country with little to no terrorism, little sectarianism (other than a few idiotic Mullahs/Sheiks barking here and there and their support is dwindling for each month and the government and people are cracking down on them. As evident by the very popular talk-show program hosted by Dawood al-Shirian and comments on social media.

5)
In general the House of Saud have pursued a policy, unlike many other autocratic leaders in the world, where the citizens are very much a priority. So natives are pampered to such an large degree, that I sometimes find it almost wrong and bad for the people.

Meaning free health care, education, access to free PAID studies abroad (if you are a good student), generous loans and other help from the government. This is crucial to have in mind compared to other non-democratic countries. Moreover Saudi Arabians can travel freely, if they want the "party life" they can visit nearby UAE and Bahrain freely which many do especially younger people.

6) When it comes to certain women rights there is indeed a lot of work to be done but most of those idiotic laws are fairly new (made after the Grand Mosque Seizure in 1979) and the Islamic Revolution in Iran next door. All this pressured the KSA leaders (who at that time were making serious reforms, after all the 1970's were such a time) to toughen up the religious rhetoric in order to please a few hardliners and not to appear less Islamic as the Land of the Two Mosques compared to neighboring Iran which was making claims on the leadership of the Islamic world and who openly denounced the Arab monarchies as heretics. This is absolutely crucial to understand. Add to that previous migrations of mainly MB Egyptians who were persecuted under Arab nationalist ruled Egypt and who were taken in by the late King Faisal due to his Islamic ideology. Later those people taught at universities, schools etc. and shaped many things in a negative way.

Read Karen Elliotts book about the Kingdom called On Saudi Arabia: Its People, Past, Religion, Fault Lines - and future. It's described in detail in that book on page 144. You can find an extract on Google Books.

Grand Mosque seizure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iranian Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Before that time there were cinemas in KSA, women drove cars freely and in general the laws were much more lax. Of course it was no Denmark (which Muslim country was that back then or is even today?) but it was not like today in terms of certain idiotic laws. I believe they are idiotic some others do not.

Some photos from KSA back then:

old4.jpg

12.jpg

d985d986d98ad8b1d8a9-d981d98a-d8acd8afd8a9.jpg

iou.jpg

Those photos are from the 1950', 1960's etc.

Saudi Arabia in vintage photo’s | American Bedu

Having said that.

7) The majority of Saudi Arabians are by nature conservative/traditional people (although this is changing somewhat) and most are obviously Muslim so they are content with Islamic laws. Although it is not a perfect system because humans are interpreting those divine laws and thus corruption, wrong-doing etc. is certain.

8) Lastly, also very important, people in KSA and the wider GCC have seen what good the so-called "Arab Spring" have done for the Arab world and our immediate neighbors. Or what American interventions (Iraq) or sanctions/isolation has done (Iran).

This might be an answer that might or might not satisfy you. But rest assured that the House of Saud will not survive (or any other rulers) if they do not follow with the times. KSA is no North Korea where you can censor everything. Even there they do fail on this front among some people.

Long post again but necessary.:)

That is all well and good. Getting back to the topic of this thread, when is the sentence being carried out? :D

I have no information about that and I hope that he will be released although I do not know him and although he apparently has been very harsh against KSA (hopefully not the people because if that's the case he needs lashings :D ). We don't know the case, whether there is a verdict or if there will even be one.

I have no information about that and I hope that he will be released although I do not know him and although he apparently has been very harsh against KSA (hopefully not the people because if that's the case he needs lashings :D ). We don't know the case, whether there is a verdict or even will be one.

Please let us know if you get an update through your local sources. Thanks!

Why are you lying and posting misinformation here?

1) Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab al-Tamimi was born in 1703 and died at the age of 89 years in 1792. Before the photography was invented.

History of photography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The man on that photo has nothing to do with Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab al-Tamimi. There are no known photos of him.

Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) There is nothing called "Wahhabism" and nobody calls himself that in KSA and those who do it outside of KSA are mistaken.

3) What is now KSA is the cradle of Islam and where Sunni Islam, Shia Islam and Sufism originated. My legacy as a Hijazi and that of 70% of all Saudi Arabians (people NOT from Najd) is Sunni Islam, Shia Islam and Sufism. People of Najd probably are of a similar opinion as they are part of Arabia.

4) To this day in KSA you can find all major Sunni Muslim madahib (Shafi'i, Maliki, Hanbali, Hanafi) and Shia Muslim madahib (Zaydi, Ismaili & Twelver) and Sufism indigenously in KSA as the only Muslim country out there depending on the historical region and province of KSA.

5) People in KSA openly criticize the leaders in the media, on the internet and IN PERSON (during daily majlis meetings all across KSA).

Majlis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6) I have critized certain policies in KSA openly here on PDF for months (if not years), the rulers and so has every Saudi Arabian user on PDF. None of us have ever been detained or questioned. You have no clue about the criticism that is labelled at officials in KSA on Twitter, Facebook etc. Saudi Arabians happen to be one of the most active people on social media and unlike China, Iran, North Korea there is free access to those media.

http://www.economist.com/news/middl...have-greater-impact-kingdom-elsewhere-virtual

7) Your presence during Hajj and Umrah is a matter between you and Allah (swt) if you are a Muslim but rest ASSURED that millions upon millions of Muslims all over the planet are eager to take your place should you be lucky to have such an opportunity.

8) I have no clue who this Zaid Hamid is but rest assured that he was not solely arrested due to what certain media elements have reported. There is certainly more to this story than meets the eye in any case he must be shameless to think that he after apparently insulting KSA heavily can visit like nothing happened.

9) You, me nor anybody else on PDF have any clue about why he is apparently arrested and what the verdict will be if there will even be any.

10) You have still a lot to learn about the Arab world and KSA and quick visits on Wikipedia won't make you an expert.

11) Blaming all of your country's problems and miseries on KSA won't make them disappear and the cold hard truth is that KSA has little to do with those problems just like the problems of KSA have little to do with outsiders. That's the case with 99% of all countries.

12) KSA like all other developing countries has its ills (some big some smaller) but the government and people are working to change that. Yet there are also a lot of positives and the usual ignorant writing of a few users here and their demonization only shows the level of those persons and their lack of knowledge and obsession.

13) PDF still has a challenge when it comes to constructive dialogue. You might wonder why so many respected senior Arab users have left (not only form KSA) as well while you are at it. Users who have never been anti-Pakistan.

14) Have a nice day.

Saif, you sound very convincing and I do understand there are tight limits how much or what a typical Saudi citizen (non royal) can do. Unfortunately you are a monarchy and all resources are controlled by the royals.

However it has been my distinct impression over the past 10 years that barring exceptions the royals are slowly easing up on the draconian aspects of "law". The exceptions of course are where they fear any liberalization will be postured as anti-islamic by their millions of enemies and which may then trigger assassinations.

I have also been very impressed by the oil strategy lately which has IMO been the primary reason why Putin has not embarked on further invasions.

The two worst international blunders KSA continues to make however are:

1) mistreatment of laborers - this is something that cannot be blamed on the royals
2) dependency on Pakistan - this is something the royals will come rue

Exactly. I think these 25 million Arabians are either not ready for the revolution or they don't want to oust autocratic House of Saud from power?

200 million Pakistanis keep supporting the terrorist jihadi nuts in Pakistan and do not dare question the policies of the military and ISI in nurturing these nutjobs.

Please let us know if you get an update through your local sources. Thanks!

I will do so. There is a thread about this news on the ME section too. Participated there as well.

I personally think that there is more to this as KSA has not arrested other anti-House of Saud Muslims in the past that visited for Hajj, Umrah, family visits or business trips. So something is not right if you ask me. Whatever it can be I have no clue about. Nothing is written about this case in the KSA media but it is a topic of discussion among the Pakistani community in KSA.

@Hyperion

My Pashtun friend stop being such an anti-Arab. What have the 450 million Arabs done to you? Direct your hatred against the House of Saud and Iranian Mullah's instead.

Not even Najdi sheep meat will work I believe.

Najdi sheep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read my posts on this thread. It would serve you well. No offense, the bitterness is unhealthy otherwise. Arabs, let alone Arabians (this includes Saudi Arabians) have no hate towards Pakistan whatsoever. In fact I believe that the popularity of Pakistan is the biggest in KSA of all countries of the world. That's the irony here IMO. I am serious, I am yet to met a single anti-Pakistani Arab.

@Tiger Genie

I am not sure how familiar you are with KSA but it's not like the ordinary person has no influence whatsoever. That would be wrong to believe. In KSA there is direct-democracy each single day all over the country in the form of majlis. Please spend a few minutes on reading about what this is.

Majlis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BCC for once made an excellent documentary about KSA (called the Hidden Kingdom) 5-6 years ago where footage from such an Majlis meeting was presented and the model was described in detail.

It's basically a open gathering (in governmental buildings) were every person regardless of wealth, social status, skin color, ethnicity, sect etc. can speak directly to the governor/influential people in province x or y, city x or y who will then if needed bring the cases to higher positions so they can be looked at or solved.

Also I am not sure if you know this but most ministers in KSA are not from the House of Saud. For instance the Foreign Minister (just to make an example) of KSA is a certain Adel al-Jubeir who is an ordinary person.

Adel al-Jubeir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course the royals still have by far the most powers but that's no surprise. Gradually I believe that KSA will transform into a constitutional monarchy but we are still 1-2.5 decades away in my estimation. But things can change very quickly in the region as seen elsewhere so it might even happen sooner.

Regarding the labour conditions (the laws as such are good enough the problem is that not everyone follows them) need improvement indeed and it's no secret but things are moving in a better direction but there are also certain problems with the foreign workers as well that we should not forget here.

KSA is not dependent on Pakistan or vice versa. You are mistaken here and that comment is probably bound in the Pakistani-Indian rivalry.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Two of them are Communist regimes and the other two claim to follow 'Shariah Laws' but @TankMan will disagree:
I don't disagree that they claim to follow Sharia Law. I disagree that what they follow is actually Sharia. Anybody can claim to be just and righteous, the real challenge is actually being what you claim you are. Saudi Arabia fails to do that by a hundred miles.
Is @TankMan a closet Wahabi? :o::pop:
Religious extremists call me a western secular liberal apostate, and Liberals call me a Wahabi mullah. Decide for yourself. As for my religious views, I am a ghair-muqallid Sunni.

Another thing.

Regarding the lashes.

In KSA lashes are never meant to cause bodily harm to a person but they are solely intended as humiliation as lashings are almost always done in public.

This is how lashings are done in KSA.

Secondly it is extremely rare to hear sentences of people that receive more than 300 lashes. If it is more it is always for grave misconduct/crimes. Of course those lashes are never done consecutively. Normally 25 lashes are done each week if the sentence is 100 lashes if I recall.

For instance I recall a case of a young man (in his early 20's) who hit his mother and in return received 200 lashes. They were given over 4 weeks.

Lastly there is no OFFICIAL verdict and what we hear are just mere rumors. All we know is that he is apprehended (so much we know it seems). And as I wrote before I am almost 100% sure that there is more to this case than just pure anti-House of Saud/KSA rhetoric as plenty of Muslims (more well-known) that have criticized the House of Saud have visited KSA for hajj, umrah, family visits, business trips without being arrested.

Last edited:
Irfan bhai first they granted him visa.......... When he arrived they arrested him! Shoo maskhara?
This hypocrisy never happened before as far as I know. They had their arse hurt when we refused them sending our army.
As I said before his trolling aside, if Pakistan has some self-respect left government should intervene and get him back otherwise they will spare nay one who is against royal faggots. Look at the state of our 'proud' Pakistanis (even in this thread) who are happy for his arrest. For Raymond Davis - we sprayed only shyt on our faces. Spineless just like our government!
bunch of shameless people we have as leaders indeed
maybe army would have stepped in if he was former soldier. nonetheless he fought the Afghan jihad as well. this act was purely devious act by the Saudis that reminds me the treachery of people of Kufa .

just shows how low they can get by nabbing the guy visiting KSA during Ramadan with his family on pilgrim and these sad fucks get him because he ranted against their questionable policies,.

bunch of shameless people we have as leaders indeed
maybe army would have stepped in if he was former soldier. nonetheless he fought the Afghan jihad as well. this act was purely devious act by the Saudis that reminds me the treachery of people of Kufa .

just shows how low they can get by nabbing the guy visiting KSA during Ramadan with his family on pilgrim and these sad fucks get him because he ranted against their questionable policies,.

The details of the charges against ZH are not known, are they?

Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid has always been on the edge. He was bewitched by heretic Yusuf Kazzab .
he has denied it and time and again clarified himself. re the Kazzab guy and he and an anchor together
declared their belief on Muhammad PBUH as last Prophet of Allah.

during the caliphate of Hazrat Umar r.a bohtan (spreading lies) was frowned upon and punished with lashing and there was no lashing for anyone who questioned the justice or honor of Hazrat Umar r.a. instead Hazrat Umar will take the time to explain how he managed to have a dress made

and I doubt if he ever committed blasphemy you cant just make it up without a certain proof and if there was one he would have been lynched by a mob by now

The details of the charges against ZH are not known, are they?
all speculations at the time but clearly the biggest crime he committed was open objection to Yemen offensive.
in KSA and Bahrain these guys have picked people up for criticising governments on facebook so there is that

if there is anything else like common criminal act then it would have been out by now. this is clearly the sign of bruised egos here that resulted in his arrest

In KSA lashes are never meant to cause bodily harm to a person but they are solely intended as humiliation as lashings are almost always done in public.
As long the lashes do no bodily harm, I am OK for it. Also how much of a psychological harm they do via humiliation in public should be answered by renowned psychiatrists. Out of my personal experience with both lashes and public humiliation in our schools as a child, I can tell it wasn't a pleasant experience. It rarely worked as it was meant to do and later on, those of us who received the most beatings on nearly daily basis, actually revolted and never completed their basic education. They later turned out to be criminals or just lazy sobs. I am not against punishment, but punishment must have a real rehabilitation effect attached to it. Or else, it's just blind imitation of 9th century commandments, as it was like this people were punished in the past. @TankMan

all speculations at the time but clearly the biggest crime he committed was open objection to Yemen offensive.
in KSA and Bahrain these guys have picked people up for criticising governments on facebook so there is that

if there is anything else like common criminal act then it would have been out by now. this is clearly the sign of bruised egos here that resulted in his arrest

I would disregard all speculation in this matter. Let's see what the formal charges, if any, are so that we know what we are talking about. Didn't the Pakistani embassy in Riyadh request access to him? Any information on whether that was granted?

Back
Top Bottom