What's new

Zaid Hamid Discussion on IAF Violation and PAF response

I urge everyone to sit through this as it addresses numerous issues regarding the current situation of Pakistan.

Also, Zaid hamid, Addresses the INDIAN audience "Specially" in this episode.

So Pakistani's and Indian's, we ALL should watch this episode.

:)

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

ISLAMABAD: The recent intrusion into Pakistan territory by the two Indian jets was intended to test the enemy radar capacity and the reaction time of defending fighters, former foreign minister and ex-speaker of the National Assembly Capt (retd) Gohar Ayub Khan said on Monday. “This is an old trick to check the rival’s ability and potential,” he told The News. “The purpose of the Indian infringement was to do a double check.”

In normal circumstances, Gohar Ayub said, such an air violation could be dismissed as of no consequence, but in a dangerous situation that prevails between Pakistan and India after the Mumbai terrorist attack, this was planned and could have been very risky.

He said in such ventures, the intruding planes calculatingly pass at a great speed through the rival’s territory at a certain altitude to see whether or not the violation would be detected by the enemy’s radar and how much time its interceptors would take to be airborne to challenge.

Responding to a question, Gohar Ayub said the detectors installed in the invading jets also come to know whether or not the other side’s radars noticed their movement into the alien territory.

He said only someone who knows nothing about the significance and bearing of such intrusions would say that the infringement took place due to a technical error. Gohar Ayub said one such incident could be the result of technical error but another similar air violation taking place just a few minutes after the first one could not be described so.

However, he said a technical error actually means that a fighter, while taking a turn near its border, enters the enemy territory by mistake. “This is not possible at two places within a span of a few minutes.” Gohar Ayub said the sophisticated system, GPS or global positioning system, installed in the jets enabled them to know even by millimetres about the location of their flight.

He recalled that in the eighties a Russian jet, SU-22, flown by Col Roskov, intruded into Pakistan’s territory in the Khyber Agency. It was also a test flight like the present Indian ventures. It came ten miles inside Pakistani area.

Gohar Ayub said the intrusion was picked up by Pakistan’s radar within no time and the jet was shot down and its pilot captured alive. Later, Col Roskov became vice president of the USSR. When he left this official position, he visited Pakistan to take some Russian prisoners back to his country. He then also met those Pakistanis who had shot down his plane and captured him.

Gohar Ayub said the movement of ground troops, to be carried out in a traditional way, would certainly take time, but air violations amid the heightened tensions could lead to very “short, sharp and swift” air conflict with the use of precision weapons. He said anybody underestimating Pakistan’s capability in the traditional war would be sadly mistaken. In the arena of sophistication, Pakistan’s system detected the deliberate Indian air violation within no time and Pakistan’s fighters sprang into action, he said.

I'm a big fan of Zaid Hamid.His talk shows never miss to entertain me.No wonder, hes so popular in Pakistan.

I'm a big fan of Zaid Hamid.His talk shows never miss to entertain me.No wonder, hes so popular in Pakistan.

That is the only logical reply Indians have when failed to discuss issues in a neutral way.

I'm a big fan of Zaid Hamid.His talk shows never miss to entertain me...

Sometimes truth can be quite amusing and funny too….Probably Bush also thinks so after missing two boots from an Iraqi…;)

Right or wrong, Zaid Hamid at least speaks his heart out without any fear , a trait that many others fail to achieve unfortunately …

Keep enjoying….:cheers:

As outlandish some of these claims maybe, they are a counter to the anti-Pakistan agenda being carried on in the Indian media. Simply consider this another tit-for-tat in the long list of TforTs in the Indo-Pak relations.

As outlandish some of these claims maybe, they are a counter to the anti-Pakistan agenda being carried on in the Indian media. Simply consider this another tit-for-tat in the long list of TforTs in the Indo-Pak relations.

Well said. In today's cyber world every country should be prepared and well equiped not only with weapons but also with media tactics and its best usage for countering propaganda against it.
Indian media is blindly and had been blindly bamling Pakistan and always went well with state policy of India towards Pakistan. In such a situation it is a ray of hope if someone from Pakistan is giving then befitting response.

Well said. In today's cyber world every country should be prepared and well equiped not only with weapons but also with media tactics and its best usage for countering propaganda against it.
Indian media is blindly and had been blindly bamling Pakistan and always went well with state policy of India towards Pakistan. In such a situation it is a ray of hope if someone from Pakistan is giving then befitting response.

Consider Zaid hamid as our best warrior in media warfare.

cause wars are not just fought on the battlefield with guns.

I think MOST of the show was spot on. Let's face it, the claims he's making aren't overboard or BEYOND reality. Things are happening for the worst. And they're changing our current situation with massive influence.

Zahid hamid was banned on PTV because of our current Government's lack of spine. 167 Million people, Nuclear armed, and they're afraid of a couple of remarks on our neighbours who are DESTINED to cut us up into pieces.

They all ought to grow a pair and stop acting like little girls.

I think MOST of the show was spot on. Let's face it, the claims he's making aren't overboard or BEYOND reality. Things are happening for the worst. And they're changing our current situation with massive influence.

Zahid hamid was banned on PTV because of our current Government's lack of spine. 167 Million people, Nuclear armed, and they're afraid of a couple of remarks on our neighbours who are DESTINED to cut us up into pieces.

They all ought to grow a pair and stop acting like little girls.

Maybe if the media published a list of all the pakistani establishment that hold dual nationality and what each one of them owns abroad, it would give us a better idea where there interest lie.

Maybe if the media published a list of all the pakistani establishment that hold dual nationality and what each one of them owns abroad, it would give us a better idea where there interest lie.

Very well said mate!

Back
Top Bottom