What's new

Zaid Hamid commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hypocrisy of juggernaut vs juggernaut

The Pakistan report card

Thursday, April 15, 2010
Fasi Zaka

Zaid Hamid once looked like an unstoppable juggernaut. It didn't matter that much of what he said was inaccurate, or that he posed every problem in the context of himself being the only saviour. Self-serving arguments were lapped up without question.

Then the ulema challenged him on account of his admitted ties to the false claimant to prophethood, Yousaf Ali. Within a span of a few weeks his whole house of cards came crumbling down. Now Zaid Hamid is no longer able to preach hatred at universities, nor come on TV to satisfy his ego.

The first shot came in the International Islamic University and then in quick succession at Islamia College University in Peshawar where students prevented him from speaking. Prominent among those students were the members of the Islami Jamiat-e-Talba.

But there is such hypocrisy in their targeting of Zaid Hamid. Religious arguments aside, how different are Zaid Hamid and the Jamiat-e-Talba? This Islamic student wing has used Islam for its own ends to justify thuggery elsewhere.

They killed a student in Peshawar for listening to music. One student against scores of their men. They claim "ghairat", but where is the masculinity in lynching, slowly kicking and beating one young man to death? Where in the Quran has the Islami Jamiat-e-Talba been given the right to murder?

When they accuse Zaid Hamid of the murder of Maulana Jalalpuri, have they no shame in looking inwards and thinking of that poor boy?

And then, they have caused the virtual suspension of the University of Punjab after torturing a professor for hours. Islam is unequivocal in its support for education, so how exactly can the Islami Jamiat-e-Talba justify what they have done? Surely, these thugs will not find anything in the Quran to support their violence. How is this different from the allegation that Zaid Hamid's people beat up a student asking critical questions at a lecture of his?

So, is Zaid Hamid and the Islami Jamiat-e-Talba one and the same? Well, it looks like it. The irony is that the natural friends of violence are at each other's throats. If, as the Jamiat contends, Zaid Hamid is leading his own cult for a false prophet, then are they not themselves insulting the memory and teachings of the Prophet (PBUH) by committing these gross acts of indecent violence in the name of Islam?

It's easy for the Jamiat-e-Talba to lash out at Zaid, whose follies have been well documented by the Khatam-e-Naboowat group. The Islamic parties have always had an issue with the MQM for its secularist stance, again how exactly is the hold of the Jamiat-e-Talba in the Punjab University any different than the MQM during the worst of its excesses in Karachi in the past?

The Ulema are galvanised against Zaid Hamid. There are religious issues on the finality of prophethood involved. But, they are also critiquing his emphasis on nationalism, where he has put country and identity as central to his use of Islam. In other words, they condemn him for fascism with a religious underpinning.

Again, how different is the Islami Jamiat-e-Talba from Zaid Hamid in this respect. They have a narrow definition of what is permissible, and allegiance to the party line, not individual conscience according to the Quran, is supreme. If that wasn't the case, there would be a paralysis of soul searching for what they have been doing. But, not a word of remorse out of them. Shameful.

So rather than getting the neo-fascism of the Islami Jamiat-e-Talba in line, what has been of paramount importance during this time to them, what was so crucial that they could not bring themselves to contain and condemn their own? They spent their time disrupting an event where a shaving company was trying to set a record for the most number of people shaving at one time. Yes, that was most important.

The writer is a Rhodes scholar and former academic. Email: fasizaka@yahoo.com

I had left discussing the nutter that is ZH long ago for his burger fanbase was brought down by the children of Zia. I wasn't happy as in the end logic and reason did not win, in fact it was the entire opposite that happened. Intolerant people won over another intolerant bunch.

Nonetheless, something really funny just happened last week.

In order to pump the morale of his gullible, susceptible, uneducated, aimless, hopeless and bigoted crowd the ZH team uploaded this to his Facebook page:-

The text reads:-

World has never seen a picture like this. High adrenaline and excitement
would rush through your blood once you realize what this is. This is the Indian
port of Bombay – up, close and personal – through the periscope of a Pakistani
hunter killer submarine, Allahu Akbar!!

No force in the world has seen an enemy port so close in the mouth of
danger, in death defying manner, challenging the arrogant enemy with such dignified confidence. Only Pakistani sub-marine force could do this, Alhamdulillah. InshAllah, when the azaan for defense of this Medina e sani will be given, Indians won’t know what hit them, literally.

Always remember our bravest under sea warriors in your dua who are
always taking death defying risks, combat ready, deep under the sea, right into
the heart of the enemy. You want to see what is wrath of Allah for enemies –
they are called the submarine force of Pakistan Navy. Pride for the Ummah, honor for the nation.

Mashallah, Mashallah, Mashallah.

And later in the comments:-

This pic is to give an idea to the nation what while we rest and sleep and have fun all day, our warriors are taking death defying risks for the sake of this Ummah and Pak sarzameen. Also to put fear of God in the heart of enemies. Love and respect Pakistan Navy. They are the stealth soldiers, who remain unsung always. BT team.

@Moobi. A submarine takes picture from a Periscope which always sticks out of war many feet and then observes and takes a snap. This is a real pic :)) It is not a secret also, many such pics are available with serving and retired naval officers and are available if you know anyone in navy. Jazak Allah. BT team

What they didn't realize is that besides people who would have seen the area, a simple reverse image search reveals a lot on the Internet.

It turns out that the picture is of LA from a Soviet Foxtrot Class Sub, taken from the blog of somebody called Lindsay Fincher who uploaded this as part of her LA trip post. The entire post can be accessed here. She probably never guessed that a self styled political, security analyst who claims extensive knowledge of religion, history and philosophy and as is actually just a really good orator would use it as part of his propaganda machine.

The sub tour has a website as well and the sub is nicknamed Scorpion, Unit no B-247.

There's still hundreds of thousands of gullible and ignorant people whose only source of historical study, philosophy, geo-politics and philosophy of governance is this guy. Claims on the Internet, unlike rhetoric in a coffeehouse, are subject to a far greater scrutiny for the Internet has a memory and it is able to locate everything with the right tools. Thankyou Tineye.

Last edited:
I had left discussing the nutter that is ZH long ago for his burger fanbase was brought down by the children of Zia. I wasn't happy as in the end logic and reason did not win, in fact it was the entire opposite that happened. Intolerant people won over another intolerant bunch.

In order to pump the morale of his gullible, susceptible, uneducated, aimless, hopeless and bigoted crowd the ZH team uploaded this to his Facebook page:-

What they didn't realize is that besides people who would have seen the area, a simple reverse image search reveals a lot on the Internet.

It turns out that the picture is of LA from a Soviet Sub, taken from the blog of somebody called Lindsay Fincher who uploaded this as part of her LA trip post. The entire post can be accessed here. She probably never guessed that a self styled political, security analyst who claims extensive knowledge of religion, history and philosophy and as is actually just a really good orator would use it as part of his propaganda machine.

There's still hundreds of thousands of gullible and ignorant people whose only source of historical study, philosophy, geo-politics and philosophy of governance is this guy. Claims on the Internet, unlike rhetoric in a coffeehouse, are subject to a far greater scrutiny for the Internet has a memory and it is able to locate everything with the right tools. Thankyou Tineye.

Typical example of Ziad Hamidian truth. I have generally stopped even replying to any ZH thread or countering his silly arguments. You can only counter logic with logic, How do you counter his delusional world where religion, politics and history all merge into one.

Also I find the article posted by Fatman17 equally relevant. The people that have been able to counter Zaid successfully are the very much like him. It is not the rationalist who have won here, actually a bunch of religious extremists are replacing another one. From Pakistani prespective One thing in favour of Ziad was - his nationalism was never in doubt, same can not be said about the people defeating him.

It turns out that the picture is of LA from a Soviet Foxtrot Class Sub, taken from the blog of somebody called Lindsay Fincher who uploaded this as part of her LA trip post. The entire post can be accessed here. She probably never guessed that a self styled political, security analyst who claims extensive knowledge of religion, history and philosophy and as is actually just a really good orator would use it as part of his propaganda machine.

The sub tour has a website as well and the sub is nicknamed Scorpion, Unit no B-247.

And the biggest blunder is people are buying this sh!!t. If PN was monitoring Indian ports then whole of the submarine crew would have been sacked by now by PN for leaking the images as well as there had been very serious kicks given to Indian navy by GOI and media. :no:

i pity people who are actually beliving this sh!!T without using their brain.:blink:

Out of all this, the only thing that makes me feel good is that few people on his fan page could differentiate between LA and Mumbai. Are our cities really that organized? Or may be they are :cheesy:

Hello and thanks for sharing these video links. I also love to hear from this anchor!

is there ANYTHING STILL LEFT TO SAY ABOUT THE CREDIBILITY OF ZION HAMID????

thats the final nail in the coffin for the credibility of Supreme Commander & Leader of Gazwa-e-Hind, Mr.Zion Hamid.....

if you still believe in the truthfulness & divinity then better you get yourselves checked for 'delusion & Rhetoric Digestion Syndrome' caused by excessive exposure to psychopathic oration of General, Historian, Religious Scholar & Defense Analyst Zion Hamid

i wonder where are the people who used to take words from this psychopathic liar as divine words & used to tell us prophecies about his 'red cap', his logic about CIA/RAW/Mossad & last but not the least (& my personal favorite) Greatest Revivalist Movement in Pakistan's History

Last edited:
It seems that there is a little heated debate going on here on Chacha Zaid :D
BTW what makes him so important ???????

is there ANYTHING STILL LEFT TO SAY ABOUT THE CREDIBILITY OF ZION HAMID????

thats the final nail in the coffin for the credibility of Supreme Commander & Leader of Gazwa-e-Hind, Mr.Zion Hamid.....

if you still believe in the truthfulness & divinity then better you get yourselves checked for 'delusion & Rhetoric Digestion Syndrome' caused by excessive exposure to psychopathic oration of General, Historian, Religious Scholar & Defense Analyst Zion Hamid

Now let me give you another conspiracy theory. He is a RAW agent sent to mislead people of Pakistan on name of patriotism.:D

It seems that there is a little heated debate going on here on Chacha Zaid :D
BTW what makes him so important ???????

not zaid, lets call him Zion

the thing that makes him important is that there are loads of Pakistanis who take the psychopathic videos of Zion Hamid as drugs & go into delusional word of Glory & Victory without any color of reality in it

BTW do you still believe in his truthfulness?

the only anchor popular in India. May be chacha ki laal topi......:lol:

Well lets be a little honest , this guy has its own goods and bads & the funny thing is that i dont agree with both of them.

One of our most famous scholars and one of my Inspirations Dr: Ishfaq Ahmad (May Allah Bless his soul) once said in his most famous program zavia that
"Bachon jis Cheez main Shak ho us cheez ko hi chor do"

Though i still listen to every single video of ZH but i dont agree with any of his stuff , i am just watching him for a long time just to know what this guy is up to.

I must accept he has some nice words but he is not a realistic person , he would have been better if he was one.

I was never in ZH Club and i never had Faith in him as my Belief is not Cheap but i do listen to what he has to say and i discuss it with some of my seniors for more understanding.

Regards:

Now let me give you another conspiracy theory. He is a RAW agent sent to mislead people of Pakistan on name of patriotism.:D
Idiot.....who told it to disclose in an open forum....
Guys ....say buy to chappal chor...he will be vanished from earth...soon...like so many pairs of chappal had vanished from Masjids and temples....

My my, Indian obsession with Zaid Hamid really knows no bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom