What's new

Zaid Hamid commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say anything how the blasphemy law should be used? If anything I've said it time and again blasphemy law should be abolished. Everyone has full rights to say anything even commit blasphemy. It's not nice but its a human right.

I merely gave a correction of the slightly overlooked nuance in the translation given above by another member.

These comments of Dr. Israr may have been prior to the leaked footage. As far as my personal opinion is, I think Yousuf Ali DID commit blasphemy with those words. Although I think we Muslims should have just called him a nutcase and moved on.

On another personal note, I'm disturbed that you'd compromise on your beliefs just because now Zaid Hamid says its okay to like Yousuf Ali. A few weeks back when the allegations first arose, Zaid Hamid fans were defending that the voice recording of Zaid Zaman is a fake, now it turns out its real and the fan club just clutching at straws now.

Yousaf was a nutcase no doubt about that.

As far as my belief, faith is concerned NO compromise for anyone on that.

As far as i have judged Mr Zaid Hamid and have seen him during my meetings with him and his staff, i have found him a person who Believes in the Last Prophethood of Last Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and who is a true lover of the Last Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Thats enough. I dont know neither i have seen all those who are up against him, so i can not believe them.

Its also a fact that Yousaf case was not merely a case of blasphemy.

Whoever who does not believe in the Last Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is not a Muslim simple as that.

But it is also a fact that there is no death penality in Islam for such people.

Blasphemy law is only prevailent in Pakistan not other Islamic countries.

It has some flaws and need to be corrected. If those who blam blasphemy on others and failed to prove the accusations should also be hanged.

Yousaf was a nutcase no doubt about that.

As far as i have judged Mr Zaid Hamid and have seen him during my meetings with him and his staff, i have found him a person who Believes in the Last Prophethood of Last Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and who is a true lover of the Last Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Thats enough. I dont know neither i have seen all those who are up against him, so i can not believe them.

Its also a fact that Yousaf case was not merely a case of blasphemy.

Whoever who does not believe in the Last Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is not a Muslim simple as that.

Blasphemy law is only prevailent in Pakistan not other Islamic countries.

It has some flaws and need to be corrected. If those who blam blasphemy on others and failed to prove the accusations should also be hanged.
Good to know.

IF Zaid Hamid is not a secret admirer of Yousuf Ali. At the very least he used to be at some point (like the 90s when the recording was made) and now has changed his opinion and he is just defending Yousuf Ali since he has no choice but to do so, to save his behind.

That's my opinion. About blasphemy I'm clear, we, especially Muslims, need not fear the WORDS of individuals. People can speak blasphemous words all they want, in my opinion Islam is not that weak to be taken over by nutcases like Yousuf Ali.

In fact if we don't give them this highlight they would never even be known. Me as a Lahori, never knew Yousuf Ali before this Zaid Hamid case.

The ONLY way Blasphemy law won't be abused, is by abolishing it.

Reactions: asq

Agree

If you mean by Yusuf Kazzab, a Fake prophet then Islamically anybody who calls himself a prophet should be killed. There was a man who declared himself a Prophet after Prophet Muhammad S.A.W was died and the Sahabas did not think twice, they went in his house and killed him inside his house without any second thought

But first the question is, If Yousuf declared himself a Prophet or not? if he did....... he deserved to be killed if not then obviously he deserves no punishment

If those who blam blasphemy on others and failed to prove the accusations should also be hanged.

Agreed

There are 2 main concerns that many people are not actually comprehending:

1) Zaid Hamid's involvement with Yusuf Kazzab (an alleged Liar) which was brought up to make people question his credibility (Zaid Hamid openly clarified that by stating his beliefs in the finality of the Prophethood of Rasul SAW in public, which is all what Shariah demands)

2) Yusuf Ali/Kazzab's mysterious murder in jail - whether justice has been served or not because there was involvement of some newspaper's editor who loaned money/land to Yusuf Kazzab? Who killed him and for what purpose? and why was the story buried?

The first question deals with the personality of the Prophet SAW whilst the second part deals with the Message of the Prophet SAW that is justice and fairness even to his enemies.

ZH has come out in the limelight because he has taken a firm stand on the second issue and by doing so has put his own credibility at stake. Petty maulvi's with their fatwa guns have gotten another opportunity to come out in the media and gain some popularity outta the issue. I wouldn't be surprized to find that Khabrain newspaper's editor is behind sponsoring or speaking against Zaid Hamid.

Last edited:
Reactions: asq
Muhemmed Yusuf Ali, dubbed Yusuf Kazzab (کذاب' Kazzab means Great Liar) by a Pakistani lower court judge in an in camera trial was a Pakistani citizen who was murdered by a man named Tariq in 2002 while at the Kot Lakpat jail in Lahore, Pakistan. Tariq was on death row for committing murder and was reported to be a member of Sipah-e-Sahaba.
Muhemmed Yusuf Ali was charged of claiming Prophethood. A case was registered against him by the Anjuman-e Tahaffuz-e Khatim-e Nabuwwat on 29 March 1997, a politically active Pakistani religious organization. He was accused of adultery, fraud, claiming prophet-hood, and blasphemy against Islam. He clarified his position through paid advertisements in the newspapers[citation needed]. Based on the case, he was immediately detained.
A trial finally started in February 2000. Most of the hearings commenced at about 2:30pm and continued till as late as 7-8pm. The final arguments were heard on 28 July till 11:45pm, and the counsel for the defense were asked to conclude.
According to the trial records the complainant, office bearer of a local religious organization, alleged that Mr Yusuf Ali 'indirectly committed blasphemy' by showing his resemblance with Prophet Muhammad on an unknown date, during a Friday sermon, more than 2 years before registration of the case.
The learned judge of Pakistan's lower court found no evidence of adultery, as the complainant could not produce any information to support the allegation. No proper evidence of blasphemy or fraud was produced[citation needed] in the court except a few people's word[citation needed] against Mr. Ali's, including a local newspaper reporter who reported the fabricated[citation needed] stories in the first place. The complainant produced video/audio pieces of several sermons copied onto two cassettes. Nothing objectionable or offensive was found in the sermons[citation needed]. The date of sermons and maker of cassette were unknown, which make the produced evidence highly unreliable and legally inadmissible.[citation needed]
The Honorable Judge acknowledged in his verdict that evidence in this case was oral in nature. In his verdict, he accepted the complainant's word against Mr. Ali's. He praised the complainant's religious organization, on record, and gave them credit for bringing provisions of blasphemy law in the Pakistan Penal Code. He nullified the statement of Mr. Ali issued in his defense by calling him Kazzab--a Great Liar.
Mr. Ali testified during the trial[citation needed] that according to Islamic beliefs all human beings are representative of God Almighty and all Muslims should also strive to be a representative of Prophet Muhammad. He advocated that to gain human excellence all human-beings should respect each other and live life according to examples set by their great leaders such as Prophet Muhammad, Prophet Jesus, Prophet Moses, Mahatama Buddha, etc. Mr. Ali admitted that he himself lives life according to teachings, examples and guidance of the Prophet Muhammad, strives to fulfill his mission, and considers himself his humble and true representative.[citation needed] However, the judge deduced that the last statement amounts to indirectly committing blasphemy.[citation needed] He declared Mr. Ali an infidel, an apostate, liable to death, and sentenced him to 35 years of rigorous imprisonment on several counts to be followed by death.
If he was not the kazzab why did all the scholars of Pakistan unanimously agree that he is kazzab and leave the mulas even the courts have given the verdict against him...thepoint is that whole Pakistan is wrong and only this Zaid hamid is right???
[edit]Death

After his bail was rescinded, Mr. Ali was taken back to jail. In an unscheduled change of quarters on June 10, 2002, he was taken to walk through a courtyard where his would be attacker—Tariq, another death row inmate—was already present. Somehow Tariq had in his possession a .35 caliber revolver. He shot Mr. Ali at point blank range. Three bullets made contact and Mr. Ali died on the spot. The Lahore Police Commissioner launched an inquiry into the matter but at this point, the current status of investigation into his assassination remain unknown as are the whereabouts of Tariq.
[edit]Renewed Interest

Recently, interest in Muhammed Yusuf Ali's case has been rekindled by the rise to popularity of Zaid Hamid, whom some people claim to have had linkages with Mr. Ali. he had link with Yususf Ali and he accepted it several time that he had link with Mr.Ali and he claimed in the court to release Yususf Ali. Zaid acknowledges that he had relations with Yusuf Kazzab but yousuf did not claim prophecy.

^^^^^The above is taken from Wikipedia
I think Mr Yusuf Ali has wrongly dealt with. Nowhere in the court proceedigs
he claims to be a Prophet - nor was it proved beyond any shadow of doubt that
he claimed to be such.
It is clear that the Judge dealing the case was high on religious steroids
to the extent, naming him Kazzab(the great liar) and sentencing him.
As if that was not enough - the circumstances of his death remain under a cloud
and obviously it was an inside job.
To my judgement Yusuf Ali was misunderstood and yet innocent, in no way anyone can accuse him of blasphemy and claims of Prophethood.
The blood of this man is on that Judge's hands.

hmmm very interesting article but the source is tinypic.com :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Can somebody send me the real link rather than uploading on image server?

and its a very interesting article i think we can have a peaceful discussion about this matter if other fellows are interested :P (unlike other Mr Hamid's threads)

It doesn't matter from where you are getting this image, the letter is written over letter head of Tanzeem-e-Islami and could be verified from them if they have written it and exactly the way it is written. Do not undergrad its credibility if you found it from some low-ranked image hosting site. You have a very good way to get its authenticity and we should do so before turning this letter down.

^^^^^The above is taken from Wikipedia
I think Mr Yusuf Ali has wrongly dealt with. Nowhere in the court proceedigs
he claims to be a Prophet - nor was it proved beyond any shadow of doubt that
he claimed to be such.
It is clear that the Judge dealing the case was high on religious steroids
to the extent, naming him Kazzab(the great liar) and sentencing him.
As if that was not enough - the circumstances of his death remain under a cloud
and obviously it was an inside job.
To my judgement Yusuf Ali was misunderstood and yet innocent, in no way anyone can accuse him of blasphemy and claims of Prophethood.
The blood of this man is on that Judge's hands.

In the light of video interview Zaid released, I would second you but it would be far better if this matter is taken to superior court and as it is being told the Zusuf was wrongly accused, he should be cleared by the court instead of bunch of citizen, even if he is Zaid himself. We trust this judiciary more than ever before and such matters that can have huge socio-political impact must be addressed.

:pakistan:

In the light of video interview Zaid released, I would second you but it would be far better if this matter is taken to superior court and as it is being told the Zusuf was wrongly accused, he should be cleared by the court instead of bunch of citizen, even if he is Zaid himself. We trust this judiciary more than ever before and such matters that can have huge socio-political impact must be addressed.

:pakistan:
Hedge your bets, graphican.

Judges are people too.

The recordings of Yousuf Ali are enough to damn him as a blasphemer.

Game theory is a scientific tool to find out which players lose and which players gain the most from an engagement.

I used this theory to analyze the real culprits behind campaign against Zaid Hamid's and trying their best to discredit his movement by bringing him to disrupte amongst his followers.

*Keeping in mind that I do believe Yousuf Kazzab was a liar, Zaid Hamid even acknowledged it he defaulted on loans owed to the Editor of Khabrain Newsgroup.

There are 2 main concerns to the whole issue that many people are not actually comprehending:

1) Zaid Hamid's involvement with Yusuf Kazzab (an alleged Liar) which was brought up to make people question his credibility (Zaid Hamid openly clarified that by stating his beliefs in the finality of the Prophethood of Rasul SAW in public, which is all what Shariah demands)

2) Yusuf Ali/Kazzab's mysterious murder in jail by an unknown vigilante - whether justice has been served or not because there was involvement of some newspaper's editor who loaned money/land to Yusuf Kazzab? Who killed him and for what purpose? and why was the story buried? These questions have gone unanswered since his death...

Because of Zaid Hamid's personal affiliation with Yusuf Kazzab as he knew more about him then the rest of us, also because he is a mujahid, he has chosen to go with option number 2, that is the message of Islam, to stand for justice and truth.

The first question deals with the personality of the Prophet SAW whilst the second part deals with the Message of the Prophet SAW that is justice and fairness even to your enemies.

ZH's enemies are using the first option to bring him to disrepute and discredit his whole movement.

Why?

ZH has come out in the limelight because he has taken a firm stand on the second issue, and by doing so has put his own credibility at stake. Petty Unknown maulvi's with their fatwa guns have gotten another opportunity to come out in the media and gain some popularity outta the issue. No one knows who these Maulvi's are and who is actually behind them. THey're not the main players but different faces of the actual players.

So, who are the main players behind this whole scenario?

My conclusion:

I wouldn't be surprized to find that Khabrain newspaper's editor is behind sponsoring the Maulvi's to undermine the credibility of Zaid Hamid. Think about this issue, who has the most to gain and most to lose?

if Zaid succeeds in his mission and gains more popularity in the media, he will definitely try to expose the killers of Yousuf Kazzab. If that happens, Khabrain News Editors/owners have the *most* to lose.

Therefore in order to prevent Zaid Hamid from becoming more popular or to get any sort of leadership position in the country, Khabrain might become the biggest obstacle in his way.

*Please note I have not included external political forces in this scenario whom ZH feriociously speak against and expose the agenda's and game plans and has become a PR nightmare for them*

Zaid Zaid Zaid Zaid Zaid :hitwall:

Do you guyz have anything else to do???????????

Leave him alone for god sake :cry:

I suggest all Zaid Zaman fanatics to listen to Salma Agha's "Dil ke armaan aansuon me beh gaye" and hit the repeat button plz...

I suggest all Zaid Zaman fanatics to listen to Salma Agha's "Dil ke armaan aansuon me beh gaye" and hit the repeat button plz...

oh yaar frankly speaking i am also Zaid Hamid's fan. I haven't heard of his Khilafat ideology yet but whatever videos i have watched of him but he is indeed a very smart and intellectual personality. Who is well aware of the Islamic History and Pakistan.

Can't say about his relationships with Yousuf Kazzab/Ali or about Khilafat but he has good knowledge about current affairs and Islamic history

If you guys have nothing good to contribute to this thread, please don't bother replying, you can go post in mindless threads of your likings im sure there are plenty to your likings.

Off-topic posts are not allowed as per forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom