What's new

Z-20 Utility Helicopter News & Discussions

Z20 is capable of flying in high altitude, so it is well suited for Tibetan plateau/ Himalaya moutain region, while Z8 and Z9 are excellent at sea level but not high altitude.

Another advantage is its size is tailor cut for hangars of navy destroyers and frigates. It is much larger than Z9 and can carry more equipment, especially anti-submatine detection gears and torpedo. Z9 is restricted by its small size and Z8 is too large to be based on DDGs (except type 055) and FFGs.

In short, Z20 is one size larger than Z9, and one size smaller than Z8.
In addition, like the caption in the Chinese words said '直20:用性强,一机多型,一机多能', Z20 is a very good utility helicopter which will have many variants and special modified versions for specific operations. Apart from using in the PLA Army, the improved variants can be developed for Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Civilian's operation needs. We can expect to see China will mass propuce this heli in great numbers.

The PLA Army logo and timing of the Chinese TV release may hint Z-20 can be readily used in a potential boarder war at high altitude area.

14904976.jpg

Can Z20 carry AH4 Howitzer in Tibet?
Only if China can bring down the weight of AH4 to match that of M777

3.jpg

2.jpg

Looks like an amazing bird. How much shp powerplant does this bird has?

In addition, like the caption in the Chinese words said '直20:用性强,一机多型,一机多能', Z20 is a very good utility helicopter which will have many variants and special modified versions for specific operations. Apart from using in the PLA Army, the improved variants can be developed for Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Civilian's operation needs. We can expect to see China will mass propuce this heli in great numbers.

The PLA Army logo and timing of the Chinese TV release may hint Z-20 can be readily used in a potential boarder war at high altitude area.

View attachment 415378

Only if China can bring down the weight of AH4 to match that of M777

View attachment 415379

View attachment 415380

AH4 is slightly lighter.

They were those early imported S-70C.

I like black hawk very much. Still the most beautiful heli in PLA.

Why didn't US sell us production line of black hawk in 1980s.:hitwall::hitwall:

:pissed::pissed:Wh

:pissed:
Why do you ALWAYS tend to KOWTOW to ameriscums ??

We already have way too many SPINELESS WEAKLING Hanjian operating in Beijing.

Ask the true experts around, ... ...

FYI, Z-10 have way better and Superior Aerdynamic Design & Structure than any ameriscums black hawk cockroaches.

Have you seen Z-10 360 degree Flight Control demo ?
Yes, it is including upside down flying.

I will post the video here as soon as I can find the link.
I don't deny that Z-20 could be better than black hawk.

It is just the shape. I like the shape of black hawk, I think it is beautiful, and that's all.

And, please compare Z-20 with black hawk, not Z-10. Z-10 is totally different type with Z-20 and black hawk.

D9ADFBE61EDE95BFE2B54F1F6DA50C5E68D5974C_size141_w800_h583.jpeg

I don't deny that Z-20 could be better than black hawk.

View attachment 424379

Many thanks for your kind reply.

My deep APOLOGY to you for sending a Harsh comment.
I hope you can see where my Extreme Frustrations come from.

At present, PRC as a nations is definitely a strong enough to handle the combined MALICIOUSNESS and Evil plans from the Declining Duo ( ameriscums and Japanese Neocons ).

We all know the ameriscums and Japanese Neocons are working overtime to create CHAOS all around PRC periphery in Korean Peninsula and SCS. Yet, time and time again, those Hanjian in Beijing keep selling out and willingly sabotage PRC in order to please their master ameriscums.

As an example, those Hanjian in Beijing have been obediently followed and supported ameriscums by allowing the economic blockade and sanctions on North Korea and IRAN to proceed.

Let me stop now.
Back to the Z-10 / Z-20 topic and why Z-10 design and aerodynamic and RCS are all much more superior than ameriscum Apache

Last edited:
This maybe the 1st official confirmation of the operation status of Z-20? (这是官方第一次报道直20吗?来自央视网官微)
Disclaimer: I do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials.
zFWc35R.png

No. 635 and 636 Z-20s participated in and successfully completed high-altitude flight tests on 9th October. The tests were performed at three different airports with altitudes over 1000 m, 3000 m and 4000 m located in three provinces in China.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom