What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

WZ-10 --- While Clearly we do not have a great deal of information about the Wz-10, were I advising the Pakistan Army procurement committees, I would recommend the Chinese helicopter - Why ? It can grow with us, it can help us grow, even if on a rather limited scale, a helicopter manufacturing capability -- somewhere along the line, Pakistan has to go from parasite consumer, to developing genuine military capability - that means our own doctrines, our own testing and refining of these doctrines and the equipment and sensors required to implement the doctrine successfully - A Pakistani way of war.

Developing such a capability is a absolute must, it should be part of a overhaul of the doctrines Pakistan armed forces have inherited from the Western colonial armed forces, the Pakistan army grew out of and now should work towards becoming a Pakistani force -- How well have the Western doctrines and equipment and colonial mindset been for the Pakistan army?? Let me refer you to their many defeats.

Yes, that was harsh but entirely factual - the WZ-10 can help the Pakistan armed forces develop the technical and industrial capabilities that are necessary for these armed forces to transition away from their parochial, outdated training and doctrines.

wt at a JV with both china and turky to make somthing much better

WZ-10 --- While Clearly we do not have a great deal of information about the Wz-10, were I advising the Pakistan Army procurement committees, I would recommend the Chinese helicopter - Why ? It can grow with us, it can help us grow, even if on a rather limited scale, a helicopter manufacturing capability -- somewhere along the line, Pakistan has to go from parasite consumer, to developing genuine military capability - that means our own doctrines, our own testing and refining of these doctrines and the equipment and sensors required to implement the doctrine successfully - A Pakistani way of war.

Developing such a capability is a absolute must, it should be part of a overhaul of the doctrines Pakistan armed forces have inherited from the Western colonial armed forces, the Pakistan army grew out of and now should work towards becoming a Pakistani force -- How well have the Western doctrines and equipment and colonial mindset been for the Pakistan army?? Let me refer you to their many defeats.

Yes, that was harsh but entirely factual - the WZ-10 can help the Pakistan armed forces develop the technical and industrial capabilities that are necessary for these armed forces to transition away from their parochial, outdated training and doctrines.

you helped me change my view.
my choice of t-129 was based on point:
1) not putting all eggs in one basket, the turkish are al reliable suppliers so we can go with them for a change.
2) will provide good insight to westren technology and the knowledge can be utilized to further improve WZ-10 and induct in numbers as a main stay.

for this we will only rquire around two squadrons of T-129 and latter around 4 of WZ-10. by that time the Cobras might well be a closed chpter.

however the problem is;
this method will add up maintainance load. this can be practised only if we do not get more Cobras. i mean if we can get more Cobras from US then we must only stick go for one from WZ10 and T-129 as a modern attack helicopter from a reliable source.
however if there are no more cobras,which means that there time is PA is nearing an end we must go for T-129 in limited numbers, use the tech to modify WZ-10 (Ofcourse if required) and then get them by the time the Cobras are out.

arsalan....Unlikely that Turkey would never want its technology end up in WZ-10. At some point of time we'll have to move towards the next generation gunships T-129 and Z-10 are perfect contenders but unlikely before 2024+ something...

According to wikipedia 80 Cobra gunships with Pak Army all under going modernization or most being modernized, because I didn't find total examples on defence.pk may be i'll have to dig in more threads If so 80 is the true figure then it is unlikely Pakistan will go for any other platform and if ever will go for only 1 more platform in limited numbers without taking any risk I think T-129 is going to qualify unless China offers a better deal in terms of price and other extras.

2705_261388275_Chinese_Aircraft_-_China__s_Aviation_Industry_since_19510000.jpg
2705_261388275_Chinese_Aircraft_-_China__s_Aviation_Industry_since_19510001.jpg

Just out of curiosity is Pakistan actually bidding for a new attack helo?

US defence weekly said Pakistan will deny the offer of Turkey's 15 units of T129, and turn for WZ10.

WZ10 Specification:

Crew number:2
Length:14.15 m(ft)
Rotor Diameters:13.0 m(ft)
Height: 3.85 m(ft)
Empty Weight: 5,540 kg(lb)
Load: 7,000 kg(lb)
Available Load:1,500 kg(lb)
Maximum takeoff Weight:6,000 kg(lb)
Engine: 2×WZ-9, with each1000 kw(1340 shp)
Max speed:300+ km/h
Cruise Speed:270+ km/h

Range:800+ km
Service ceiling:: 6,400 m(ft)
Rate of Climb:over 12+ m/s(ft/min)

Weapon
1 Machine gun:: 23 mm
2 Multiple rocket launcher:57 mm, 90 mm
Missiles:: 8ATGM or8TY- 90

Avionics
YH-96 EWS

Go with the WZ10, and I am only picking this because it would be a safe bet against future US and EU sanctions. Pakistan already buys a lot of weapons and defense equipment from China so it would be the better option. Plus depending on the number of orders you might be able to get ToT also.

a technical question pls answer me. How can a helo weighing 5000kg(empty weight) goes up to 6400m ? While engine power is just 2*1000 kw

Pak Army should go for WZ 10 over T129. WZ 10 have send panic attacks to US,they & the defence experts are comparing WZ 10 with Apache.

India had decided to go for Apache.i think WZ-10 is not that good as Apache, but it is sanction free for Pakistan.

a technical question pls answer me. How can a helo weighing 5000kg(empty weight) goes up to 6400m ? While engine power is just 2*1000 kw
Im not a Aviation engineer, i just translate it from Chinese source Baidu.

If China can develop 1300 KW turbin shaft engine in the future, we might get a good one as Apache.

Back
Top Bottom