What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

Well the stress has been heavy on the Cobra fleet we have and that Helo platform needs some rest and tender care.

Its best if we had access to a platform such as T-129 , to divide the burden of protecting the country from enemies of state.

The Gatling GUN , is enough to deter any Terrorist , I can feel their shaking legs as the Gun Ship arrests the escaping culprits form air.

t129.jpg

41645325408593135048425.jpg

Last edited:
I would be very interested in Viper, especially if it came as an aid package. We have an expression in the US " Don't look at the Gift Horse in the mouth ".

First of all, the Europeans are still behind US Technology so obviously Viper is a better Product. Also, since we have been using their products from the same family i.e. Cobras, super Cobras and now Vipers the training both at Pilot Operations and Maintenance and Engineering should be simpler.

Also Let's keep in mind that Viper has greater Firepower. This could give Army the Punch it needs against Indian Armoured Corps as well as come in handy in keeping TTP in line.

However, we should not be averse to buying T-129 in smaller numbers for our Marine Force to safeguard Naval Assets an Bases.

Last edited:
Why not AH64D blk III Longbow Apache? Would prove to be a good investment.

I would be very interested in Viper, especially if it came as an aid package. We have an expression in the US " Don't look at the Gift Horse in the mouth ".

First of all, the Europeans are still behind US Technology so obviously Viper is a better Product. Also, since we have been using their products from the same family i.e. Cobras, super Cobras and now Vipers the training both at Pilot Operations and Maintenance and Engineering should be simpler.

Also Let's keep in mind that Viper has greater Firepower. This could give Army the Punch it needs against Indian Armoured Corps as well as come in handy in keeping TTP in line.

However, we should not be averse to buying T-129 in smaller numbers for our Marine Force to safeguard Naval Assets an Bases.
t129 has anti tank capability ? How is it inferior to viper ?

Viper would be an awesome choice, however to further improve our relationship with Turkey, T-129 would be a wise choice. Decision to buy the chopper will be a political one.
If Turkey can provide these on soft loan basis then T-129 is a clear choice.

There was mention that Turkey had offered the T-129 on some very favourable terms to Pakistan , perhaps a loan or reduced cost however we are yet to find out any concrete package deal that was offered from Turkey's end perhaps more was/is expected from Tukey's end on this sitation specially since Turkish leader was in town

@cabatli_53

Let me tell you, what i was getting up to.

We produce Anza MANPADS. We have Stingers and a half a dozen type of MANPADS in total. Its not a problem for PAC to integrate them on our ATAKs.

The spin is that Anza,Stinger etc have limited range and guidence at low altitude.

We have a large quantity of AIM-9L/M and PL-5E/III's. We are also going to procure a 5th gen WVRAAM.

In the future MALE/HALE UAVs will carry A2A missiles to shoot down copters,low flying jets and intruding enemy UAVs.

In the mid term we need a potent WVRAAM like mentioned above to counter the Apache's which India is buying. They can be destroyed by Sidewinders class missiles easier than MANPADS.

So if there is a possibility of carrying these optional ordnance, it will be a massive boost to our Army Aviation.

Well, You know Having your own platform comes with lots of advantages bro. For exm. Noone can impose you Which missiles you may integrate or How much of weapons are limited on payloads. It is just shaped on own requirements.

AA missile payload is also considered on Atak platforms. Attention to weapon load combinations offered to Korea.

175A1B4A5098CC98392AD9

Back
Top Bottom