What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

I found the performance matrices for the T-129 very respectable comparing it with that of the Viper
from Pakistan's need for Military Support , special Tank and Personnel support the T-129 promises to be a great platform that can serve the needs for 15-18 years for Pakistani forces

However , we must also respect the performance for the Vipers and if we had option to induct
36-40 Vipers , and 80 T129 , would be a great addition.

The T129 does lacks in term of speed (Horizontal) and Payload capacity how much weapons it can take and unleash it on enemies. But not that the stuff it carries is not enough , there is enough firepower to take out 30-40 Tanks and few armored personnel carriers and 100-200 soldiers

If you imagine scenario , 200-800 Al Khalid Tanks , support in air by 100 T-129 that is a very respectable force , balanced and enough deterrence to discourage any misadventure

sru3n.jpg
Truly this is our future attack helicopter we don't thing U.S will keep their promises after leaving Afghanistan as they did in in 1990.

I don't know personalities but I think we are taking help from Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia and Turkey and others we had to no option left because our economy is not improving and our enemy is getting bigger and bigger and as far numbers no it would be maximum 60

Why not follow Turkish example and its model to improve our economy.

your argument is like

-- A sick man says, give me medicine because I am sick
-- But the $tupid refuses to update his lifestyle to be healthy without begging for medicine.

Strange isn't it

Truly this is our future attack helicopter we don't thing U.S will keep their promises after leaving Afghanistan as they did in in 1990.

instead of buying helicopters from Turks.

Why not become Turks?

Why forking not?

The rate of climb , max height was very comparable

The rage difference is large however for Pakistan even a 500km Helo is great for our needs
We could in essence have patrols all across the Karachi - Balouchistan Gawadar area with the helo

Plus some combination with UAV in few areas

The contributions to security with attaining these helo would be tremendous.

As helicopters could capture Terrorist escaping on Vans / Turks in remote areas

Not to mention special missions where terrorist may be hiding in garrisoned buildings etc

The viper is a powerful bird , no question about its capabilities but for Pakistan the T-129 is a major boost for our Forces defensive needs

How will we pay Turkey the billions needed for this purchase.

you think we will get this through Turkish aid, like US aid?

Just curious.

No flame war please.

If you imagine scenario , 200-800 Al Khalid Tanks , support in air by 100 T-129 that is a very respectable force , balanced and enough deterrence to discourage any misadventure

sru3n.jpg

The only scenario where you have 800 tanks with 100 helicopters is if you are fighting some ground invasion by aliens!

The only scenario where you have 800 tanks with 100 helicopters is if you are fighting some ground invasion by aliens!

I don't think so. With planned example from Turkish Land Forces:

1000 Altay MBT + 350 Leo-2NG + 170 M-60T: 1520 MBT
91 T-129 Atak + 10 AH-1 SuperCobra + ~ 25 AH-1 Cobra: 126

Why not follow Turkish example and its model to improve our economy.

Great idea. Turkey is also copied the strategies of S. Korea since both countries have similar advancement ambitious on defence matters. At present, Turkish defence industry have surpassed S. Korea at some specific products. There is one thing for sure, To make some advancement on defence industry, You have to pour money like rain, While considering the risk factors Even If you have the best strategies of the World in your hands...

Nothing wrong in learning from examples of Good Turkish or Chinese brothers

What we lack is a leader like Musharraf Sahib or Imran Khan to help stabalize the country and give it sense of Direction

However the Turkish achievement is a collective effort of their , advancements in education and focus on dependence on local companies for Military research and development

Chinese are great example of world leaders and Turkish in term of brotherly nation we have a lot to learn from them both

@FaujHistorian

without turning this into another political thread, do you realize that.

Turkey is a mature country.

Turks are a mature nation.

It has taken them centuries to get here. We are a young immature nation and should learn from states like Turkey.

@cabatli_53

Let me tell you, what i was getting up to.

We produce Anza MANPADS. We have Stingers and a half a dozen type of MANPADS in total. Its not a problem for PAC to integrate them on our ATAKs.

The spin is that Anza,Stinger etc have limited range and guidence at low altitude.

We have a large quantity of AIM-9L/M and PL-5E/III's. We are also going to procure a 5th gen WVRAAM.

In the future MALE/HALE UAVs will carry A2A missiles to shoot down copters,low flying jets and intruding enemy UAVs.

In the mid term we need a potent WVRAAM like mentioned above to counter the Apache's which India is buying. They can be destroyed by Sidewinders class missiles easier than MANPADS.

So if there is a possibility of carrying these optional ordnance, it will be a massive boost to our Army Aviation.

some points:
1.You guys already operate the cobras. The level of similiarity b/w cobra and viper cannot be ignored.
2.Your pilots must be knowing the cobras like the back of their hands,and it will be easier for them to move to viper. Also commonality b/w spares and weapons.
3.ToT with Turkey/China (WZ-10) may kick off a new era in your aero industry.
T-129 could be your next Jf-17.
4.What my mind says is that US will offer you viper under some deal,and you guys will go for it.
Peace.

idont know what pakistans status right now but you are not in war. you should spend money to your people instant of guns .try to improve your economy with that money..
good luck pakistan.

idont know what pakistans status right now but you are not in war. you should spend money to your people instant of guns .try to improve your economy with that money..
good luck pakistan.

It is to help ease the burden off the ageing fleet of attack helicopters in service.

good luck pakistan.

War on terror... ageing fleet of cobras... maintaining minimum deterrence....

Back
Top Bottom