What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

“Certainly, there should be an going replacement of the Cobra fleet, but unless this can be arranged on a no-cost or much-reduced cost basis, Pakistan is going to find it very difficult indeed to find the money, with the IMF breathing down its neck, and a rather negative US Congress,” Cloughley said.

Pakistan has two options. Turkey is offering the TAI T-129, and the US could provide the AH-1Z.

Turkey has offered three T-129s at no cost, and possible local assembly, but Pakistan would have to buy the rest, perhaps 40 or so helicopters, to replace the Cobra fleet. So it is uncertain if Pakistan could afford the deal.

According to analyst Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium think tank, Turkey has already helped Pakistan support its Cobra fleet.

“Initially there was a problem with acquiring spare parts from the US, but later the majority of parts were procured from Turkey,” he said.

Both sides seem willing to capitalize on this, but Pakistan’s financial woes have hampered progress.

Efforts to secure replacement gunships from the US have for years focused on the AH-1Z, but the US Marine Corps is given priority over any foreign order.

It is thought that a number could be acquired by Pakistan through access to US funding, but official sources here have been unwilling to discuss if such an offer has been made, as has been speculated.

Opting for an offer of AH-1Zs would definitely be the more affordable choice for Pakistan, but could come at a cost of alienating fraternal ally Turkey.

Khan is clear where the next step for Pakistan lies however.

“The next and immediate step should to accept the three gifted T-129s from Turkey, along with the spare parts, and start moving in the direction of setting up an assembly line for these potent helicopters,” he said.

Purely on technical and operational terms, he said an AH-1Z deal would be a good idea however.

“If this notification comes to fruit Pakistan will have two options; either to buy brand new AH-1Zs or procure the stored airframes of AH-1 F/S/W and convert them into AH-1Z,” he said.Cobra Crash Serious Blow For Pakistan Army | Defense News | defensenews.com

armed+Chinese+Z-10+Attack+Helicopter+gunship+PLA+Peoples+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+abcdefexport+pakitan+missile+hj10+atgm+rocket+wz-10+radaraam+++WZ-9+turboshaft+engine+firing+4th+5+6+7+8+9akd-10+navy+%287%29.jpg

For me Turkish T-129 is the most suitable for PA, not only a muslim brother get good sales, it will also give T-129 market a great standing in the world sale rankings. Also with the new weapons package, performance, and western/turkish parts including ToT, it is best for Pakistan.

Close votes contest yet.

Well, How much does T-129 unit cost? and How much the WZ-10 unit cost?

The things which shocked me as I read in the related article are: ' Turkey may give 3 units to Pakistan...but the initial T-129A is being used for flight testing while the full specification T-129B is still under development. Is T-129 not tested & unde development yet?? Also, It is most unlikely that either the White House or the Pentagon would attempt to deny an export license to Turkey for T-129 power plants and ancillaries, but the Defense Security Cooperation [Agency] is required to notify Congress of most proposed sales and obtain approval'

Nevertheless, Turkey hopes the T-129 will be an export success.

Also what will be the 'name' or 'nickname' given to the Pakistani Variant of T-129 ATAK? As the Govt or Army decided yet, if it is going to procure this platform.

It hold true that Turkey really wanted some high tech Pakistani Military weapons which Turkey itself is a bit short of, includes cruise missile, ballistic missile, aircrafts etc etc. Erdogan Turkish PM did mentioned that they are happy to see Pakistanis have weapons which they would like to have a loot at. Donot know what has been given in the deal yet to Turkey brothers as of yet.

Last edited:
WZ-16 engine. looks great. Is it completely operational yet for the Chinese WZ-10 Attack Helicopter.

WZ-10 is also nicely shaping out to be a better success.

For me Turkish T-129 is the most suitable for PA, not only a muslim brother get good sales, it will also give T-129 market a great standing in the world sale rankings. Also with the new weapons package, performance, and western/turkish parts including ToT, it is best for Pakistan.

Close votes contest yet.

Well, How much does T-129 unit cost? and How much the WZ-10 unit cost?

The things which shocked me as I read in the related article are: ' Turkey may give 3 units to Pakistan...but the initial T-129A is being used for flight testing while the full specification T-129B is still under development. Is T-129 not tested & unde development yet?? Also, It is most unlikely that either the White House or the Pentagon would attempt to deny an export license to Turkey for T-129 power plants and ancillaries, but the Defense Security Cooperation [Agency] is required to notify Congress of most proposed sales and obtain approval'

Nevertheless, Turkey hopes the T-129 will be an export success.

Also what will be the 'name' or 'nickname' given to the Pakistani Variant of T-129 ATAK? As the Govt or Army decided yet, if it is going to procure this platform.

It hold true that Turkey really wanted some high tech Pakistani Military weapons which Turkey itself is a bit short of, includes cruise missile, ballistic missile, aircrafts etc etc. Erdogan Turkish PM did mentioned that they are happy to see Pakistanis have weapons which they would like to have a loot at. Donot know what has been given in the deal yet to Turkey brothers as of yet.
yar just tell me are we buying t-129 or not ? or this deal shall also end up like the procurement of chinese submarines or the german ones for that matter ? we are running out of vital time here guys , PakisTan army needs to do the procurement by hook or by crook. Therefore the decision must be made a.s.a.p. be it either t-129 or the chinese chopper...

PAC should bring Algeria, Libya and Egypt to China for making a bigger JV deal on developing and producing attack and different types of transport helicopters.

First of all hi to all my Pakistani brothers, it is great to be here in this nice forum

I am Turkish so my comments may seem biased and/or emotional but I think I would prefer T129 instead of WZ-10.

Firstly T129 is improved according to Turkish Army pilots' 30 years of experience who are fighting against raving terrorism on very hard weather conditions and territory as well. So the T129 is specialized on it, this is important, but also have special air to air missiles, air to ground and anti-tank weapons as well. So light, small sighted, but high manoeuvre capability, agile with all high tech protection and attacking systems, aviations and armament ready like other top class attacking helicopters. It's motor especially chosen maintaining high performance at bad weather conditions and at high altitudes

On the other hand WZ-10 is also a quality helicopter. However I don't think it is specialized on a subject but designed as an army helicopter which would be effective against tanks using anti tank missiles and other ordinary army jobs. However T129 is especially built against terriorist attacks and also as a top class military attacking helikopter. Other than these, I don't think there are many difference between the two. Quite similar.

I know you have concerns if USA applies sanctions on you, so some parts can't be delivered, however Turkey is also improving its production abilities to overcome this. In near future we want to produce all high tech systems in our country and we made quite a way on it

Either you select WZ10 or T129, you will have a nice helicopter capable of lots of things. But in the end you will come to a question like this: Do I want to improve my weapons with Turkey or China?

If you think WZ-10 is closely better, don't forget it is more like a heavy one than our light T129 and it doesn't mean that we won't improve a heavy type attacking helicopter based on this advanced one soon.

As you see Turkey is improving rapidly in terms of military and economically and has lots to offer as partnerships. We would be glad to welcome you at our cooperations. I hope you make the best choice for your country, best wishes from Turkey to our brothers :pakistan:

First of all hi to all my Pakistani brothers, it is great to be here in this nice forum

I am Turkish so my comments may seem biased and/or emotional but I think I would prefer T129 instead of WZ-10.

Firstly T129 is improved according to Turkish Army pilots' 30 years of experience who are fighting against raving terrorism on very hard weather conditions and territory as well. So the T129 is specialized on it, this is important, but also have special air to air missiles, air to ground and anti-tank weapons as well. So light, small sighted, but high manoeuvre capability, agile with all high tech protection and attacking systems, aviations and armament ready like other top class attacking helicopters. It's motor especially chosen maintaining high performance at bad weather conditions and at high altitudes

On the other hand WZ-10 is also a quality helicopter. However I don't think it is specialized on a subject but designed as an army helicopter which would be effective against tanks using anti tank missiles and other ordinary army jobs. However T129 is especially built against terriorist attacks and also as a top class military attacking helikopter. Other than these, I don't think there are many difference between the two. Quite similar.

I know you have concerns if USA applies sanctions on you, so some parts can't be delivered, however Turkey is also improving its production abilities to overcome this. In near future we want to produce all high tech systems in our country and we made quite a way on it

Either you select WZ10 or T129, you will have a nice helicopter capable of lots of things. But in the end you will come to a question like this: Do I want to improve my weapons with Turkey or China?

If you think WZ-10 is closely better, don't forget it is more like a heavy one than our light T129 and it doesn't mean that we won't improve a heavy type attacking helicopter based on this advanced one soon.

As you see Turkey is improving rapidly in terms of military and economically and has lots to offer as partnerships. We would be glad to welcome you at our cooperations. I hope you make the best choice for your country, best wishes from Turkey to our brothers :pakistan:
You are most We|||cOme brother ... :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom