hussain0216

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Yuvan Shankar Raja embraces Islam - The Times of India

Leading on from that Hansraj thread,,,, whats up with Indian singers

Yuvan Shankar Raja embraces Islam

Yuvan Shankar Raja took to his micro-blogging page yesterday to announce something very personal. While dismissing rumours about him getting married for the third time, the composer also tweeted that he is now following Islam. "Yes, I follow Islam and I'm proud about it. Alhamdhulillah. My family supports my decision and there is no misunderstanding between me and my dad," he said.

While we tried to reach Yuvan regarding this, a source close to the music director revealed, "Yuvan was very attached to his mother and soon after she passed away, he started missing her a lot. He also met a spiritual guru, but we cannot say what exactly made him follow Islam," and maintained that, he was definitely not inspired by fellow composer AR Rahman (who had converted to Islam) in his decision.
Yuvan, the source said, has been practicing Islam for almost a year now.

"He has been doing namaz five times a day all these months. He is not missing his prayers even when he is at work and ensures that he allots time for it at his studio as well," said the source. The source added that Yuvan is now in the process of converting to Islam. "Currently, he is planning to convert to Islam and is also thinking of going for a change of name. But, he is yet to decide on these. Since it is his personal decision, his family members respect it."

Yuvan Shankar Raja follows Islam - The Times of India

Music is a door to Islam, idiot Mullahs want to shut. I'm glad that Sufi doctrine still is a great source of Islamic spirituality.

Only if Mullahs could see beyond hell and heaven. This world is better than heaven and worse than hell depending on how you look at it.

Sufi doctrine is our real hope for detoxicating this beautiful faith from the venom of Ibn e Thumaiya's Salafist militant orthodoxy.

@hussain0216

Hans raj hans did NOT convert. He said that 'he follows the Sufi doctrine'.

I've seen militant atheists in tears after coming into contact with Jelal ud Din Rumi's Rubais.

Its not poetry, its a frequency you could only read and relate to if you have experianced love. This shit is powerful, gets you high.

Music is a door to Islam, idiot Mullahs want to shut. I'm glad that Sufi doctrine still is a great source of Islamic spirituality.

Only if Mullahs could see beyond hell and heaven. This world is better than heaven and worse than hell depending on how you look at it.

Sufi doctrine is our real hope for detoxicating this beautiful faith from the venom of Ibn e Thumaiya's Salafist militant orthodoxy.

@hussain0216

Hans raj hans did NOT convert. He said that 'he follows the Sufi doctrine'.

I've seen militant atheists in tears after coming into contact with Jelal ud Din Rumi's Rubais.

Its not poetry, its a frequency you could only read and relate to if you have experianced love. This shit is powerful, gets you high.

Good literature is never bound to a religion per say. All religions if seen at a certain angle in a certain light will shine common sense.

open a sticky for this conversions...............

Brother Can you prove music ain't prohibited i'm sure you won't find a single hadith or hadees, fear to ALLAH for adding your concept to Deen which is complete already..

and there are no sufi islam in time of prophet time..

Music is not prohibited in Islam
Sufism is not a religion or a sect but a state of mind.
At the time of the Prophet SAW - the Salafists and the followers of Ibn Thumaiya didn't exist either.

Consider yourself informed. :)

He's confused.
Confused, turn to atheism, not Islam.

Sufism is not a religion or a sect but a state of mind.

Sufism is a state of knowledge.
In modern world we have, BA MA Phd etc.
In oder times, when there was no formal degrees, people use to travel to seek knowledge, mostly to Iraq and Iran and central Asia.
After spending years in company of learned people, they traveled around to rediscover the world with educated perspective.
Such people were called, Sufis, etc.
This is why there are no more Sufis but only Dr. etc.

Does the thread starter even knows who YSR is? Moreover looks very much untrue. He is second best only to ARR in south and such news would have flooded my fb page and local tv news. But honestly there is none.

Nothing like that, he converted because he found peace in islam, he converted on his own!
2 divorces and wanted to marry a 3rd time.. probably the 2nd wife didn't give a divorce. So many instances in india.lol.. even dharmendra-hema malini are like that.

there are rumours already that he has married a 3rd time. quite obvious.. meh,,,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom