What's new

Youth dies in India as cellphone explodes

Gentle Typhoon

Reaction score
JAIPUR: In a first-of-its-kind incident in the country, a 23-year-old youth died when his mobile phone exploded in Banda village in Kota on Monday. Though there are no witnesses to the incident, it was assumed that he was taking over the phone when it got burst, causing serious injuries to his right ear.

The body of the victim, Gopal Gujjar, was found near his farm along with remains of mobile phone and battery on Tuesday morning.

It is probably the first incident in the country in which a mobile phone exploded while it was not being charged. However, there have been cases when users sustained injuries as phones exploded.

In January this year, a 27-year-old housewife in Kadapa in Andhra Pradesh was killed while she was talking to her husband over a Chinese-made mobile phone and simultaneously charging it.

Deaths due to mobile phone explosion have been reported in a few other countries like China, Korea and Nepal.

Sources said Gopal Gujjar was staying with his brothers, who jointly owned 10 bighas of land in Banda village under Mahaveer Nagar police station of Kota. On Monday, Gopal had taken cattle for grazing in the nearby jungles.

Youth dies in Kota as cellphone explodes - Jaipur - City - The Times of India

Unfortunately, these sorts of things happen when you manufacture in huge quantities. One can never 100 % guard oneself against malfunctions.

Banning Chinese phones seems like the angered, irrational response. Without Chinese phones, many people could not afford a phone.

Besides, we should know the reason. Is there any picture of the mentioned phone? Is the cause of the explosion human or machinery error? Many machineries are not made in China, although a growing number of them are.

Did the transporter handle the goods as recommended? Or maybe it is the consumer's fault? E.g, the Toyota accelerator problem earlier this year - they could not find evidence of manufacturing error (the accelerators were made in Czech republic by the way)

I am not saying it is not the manufacturer's fault, but we should always be aware that such things can always happen, regardless of manufacturing location.

E.g lately glass windows and tables in Norway had a few cases of "explosions". Suddenly the glass fractured into thousands of pieces. Fortunately none were hurt or blinded because they were not at the place. In one case, the glass table was made in Italy.

My own experience is a jeans I bought a year ago - the zipper did not function after one day (!) and the pocket got a hole a week later.

Reluctantly I checked the marking, and to my pleasure and surprise, it was not made in China, but in Poland.

omg now we cant even talk on our phones lol nothing is safe nowdays

Is it true i was reading the headline earlier in the evening.

My brother was asking about details if it is really happening because an year back there was rumour in Pakistan that cell phones swells and explodes some people even claimed that happened

Call CID

cid.jpg

Is it true i was reading the headline earlier in the evening.

My brother was asking about details if it is really happening because an year back there was rumour in Pakistan that cell phones swells and explodes some people even claimed that happened

Never thought about it until now, but I recall reading batteries should be stored between -20 to 50C. At least some type. Doesn't it sometimes get that hot in the Middle-East/South Asia?

omg now we cant even talk on our phones lol nothing is safe nowdays

Put it on speaker and talk into it from a distance. Everytime. ;)

Pressed hard on the cheeks for hours together will definitely play havoc with the electronics. Anyway I prefer hot panting breath on my cheeks than a hot piece of metal ;)

Its good in a sense......A terrorist with IED waiting for someone to pass....Ready to dail the number and boom.....The phone explode and he died... :D

Think positive yara

Put it on speaker and talk into it from a distance. Everytime. ;)

Pressed hard on the cheeks for hours together will definitely play havoc with the electronics. Anyway I prefer hot panting breath on my cheeks than a hot piece of metal ;)

ya im on bluetooth most of the times anytimes, I hope my earpiece does not explode :P

Back
Top Bottom