What's new

He wanted to be in IIT, but ended up in IM instead

such examples should be made world famous.
and this crook network of crook mosques must be demolished.
though i dont see this happening anytime soon.

Oh chhooo swweet terrorist! :hitwall:

My worst fears are proved - We have a strong network of mosques and their Indian imams promoting terror within India. We need to stop pointing fingers at Pakistan all the time. This lets the murderers at home go scot free. Oh wait there's votebank politics. :hang3:

And the rot spreads... :ashamed:

Stop pointing fingers? WHY? These mullahs get their funding, support and direction from where do you suppose? Wake up, the threat is all over.

Yet nobody has investigated the safe houses and supporters in Kerala? i wonder why? INCOMPETENCE

In India, not even Sufi's but also deobandi's are peaceful at communal level ( barring hate propaganda and terrorism ) . If you are outnumbered 9:1 in a conflict, there is not much you can do except remaining peaceful.

I am talking about global situation. There are far more Sufi terrorists than there are wahabi terrorists. Sufism is prevalent in Chechnya, a large supply center of terrorists and also in Central Asia where Uzbeks are numero uno jihadis and never to forget Barelvis community from which Gems like mumtaz qadari hailed.

The point to any neutral observer, outside the fold of Islam, is clear. The bad press that Hanbali's ( wahabi's) get is undeserved as they are outnumbered by Sufi's in propagation of terrorism.

Not exactly, you are taking particular cases and then outlining them as the majority. The Chechen conflict had two factions of radicals and moderate Sufis. The collapse of the soviet union led to the rise of the Islamic Party of Renaissance which was essentially a Wahabbi movement. This led to clashes and tensions between these two groups in later years. Moreover, the Sufi terrorists you classify based on ex Chechen fighters are mostly Wahabbi and Shafi.. that is a demographic of those in Pakistan at the least.

So unless you have actual demographics to back up that the fighters of the Entire Chechen freedom conflict which included the Naqshbandi sufis, Qadri Sufis, Shafis.. and Wahabbis .. all are fighting in Afghanistan.. or Syria.. or Yemen.. your point is conjecture at best.

Not exactly, you are taking particular cases and then outlining them as the majority. The Chechen conflict had two factions of radicals and moderate Sufis. The collapse of the soviet union led to the rise of the Islamic Party of Renaissance which was essentially a Wahabbi movement. This led to clashes and tensions between these two groups in later years. Moreover, the Sufi terrorists you classify based on ex Chechen fighters are mostly Wahabbi and Shafi.. that is a demographic of those in Pakistan at the least.

So unless you have actual demographics to back up that the fighters of the Entire Chechen freedom conflict which included the Naqshbandi sufis, Qadri Sufis, Shafis.. and Wahabbis .. all are fighting in Afghanistan.. or Syria.. or Yemen.. your point is conjecture at best.

To be honest, a lot of the Indian responses to Muslims come across as either hostile or patronizing (Indian members spare me :fie: )

The matter is further complicated when caste organizations vie for power within Hindus. A lot of the patronization reserved for Muslims are also meted out to Scheduled castes and Tribes.

The problem with a country as diverse as India and with a religion as diverse as Hinduism is that you probably can't have a unified response.

When I take kerala as an example, a huge number of Muslims went to the Middle East, some of the came back with sympathies for Wahhabists.

In response to this radicalisation, you had the RSS gain an even larger foothold. You also had Chrstians a sizeable group within Kerala become anxious and at times joined hands with Hindutva groups.

Now you have the Communists, who have had the voter base of a lot of the so called 'lower caste' Keralites becoming cognitive of Wahhabism in the state.

It's a bit hard to have a unifying Hindu-Muslim relation when there are many caste organisation jockeying for power and rallying members within their own caste groups.

Depends on the cause. What is the current state of Sufism in India? Base a program on that.

To expand on my point, in some quarters the discrimination (against Muslims) is underplayed, while in other it is overstated.

A sizeable number of Pakistanis here do exaggerate, while an equal number underplay it.

I think there should be effort from both sides.

Apart from the Islamophobic comments from the usual suspects... one has to look at the lack of monitoring of such preaching organizations in India.. As I suggested elsewhere, careful monitoring of Muslims education and community organizations is needed along with closer control of the syllabi of seminaries while keeping an eye on Mosque Imams and preachers.

Hmmm. I did see an article on Madrassas where they hire non-Muslim teachers and allow Non-Muslims to study. This is in partnership with the West Bengal government.

Oh chhooo swweet terrorist! :hitwall:

My worst fears are proved - We have a strong network of mosques and their Indian imams promoting terror within India. We need to stop pointing fingers at Pakistan all the time. This lets the murderers at home go scot free. Oh wait there's votebank politics. :hang3:

And the rot spreads... :ashamed:

Everyone knows this. The more "secular" the state and the more vote bank hungry the chief minister, the worse the rot is.

They need to be dealt with an iron hand. Kill without mercy, these f****rs.

Some of them really need to be dealt with 500 pound cluster bombs.

To be honest, a lot of the Indian responses to Muslims come across as either hostile or patronizing (Indian members spare me :fie: )

The matter is further complicated when caste organizations vie for power within Hindus. A lot of the patronization reserved for Muslims are also meted out to Scheduled castes and Tribes.

The problem with a country as diverse as India and with a religion as diverse as Hinduism is that you probably can't have a unified response.

When I take kerala as an example, a huge number of Muslims went to the Middle East, some of the came back with sympathies for Wahhabists.

In response to this radicalisation, you had the RSS gain an even larger foothold. You also had Chrstians a sizeable group within Kerala become anxious and at times joined hands with Hindutva groups.

Now you have the Communists, who have had the voter base of a lot of the so called 'lower caste' Keralites becoming cognitive of Wahhabism in the state.

It's a bit hard to have a unifying Hindu-Muslim relation when there are many caste organisation jockeying for power and rallying members within their own caste groups.

If you think you have hostile or patronizing response to Muslims from highly fragmented Hindus alone, then you are wrong. Christians, Buddhist, Jains,Sikhs, etc etc, all have the same attitude and anxieties towards Islam. Muslims do take their religious separatism and other superstitions far too seriously, and its not a petro dollar invention, did you forget mappila rebellion in Kerala?

Muslims need to become ''cool'' about their religion, that's as plainly as can be put.

If you think you have hostile or patronizing response to Muslims from highly fragmented Hindus alone, then you are wrong. Christians, Buddhist, Jains,Sikhs, etc etc, all have the same attitude and anxieties towards Islam. Muslims do take their religious separatism and other superstitions far too seriously, and its not a petro dollar invention, did you forget mappila rebellion in Kerala?

Muslims need to become ''cool'' about their religion, that's as plainly as can be put.

Well, I could never get past the self-righteousness of the Abrhamaic faiths.

But, I was being politically correct :3

Well, I could never get past the self-righteousness of the Abrhamaic faiths.

But, I was being politically correct :3

Well there is no need to be politically correct. Their superstitions should be called superstitions, and they must be made to realize their cultural separatism comes with a price tag (which it does). This is not to say that opportunities to get modern secular education and joining the mainstream should not be provided. (Although there are enough instances that show modern education does not make a dent to religious stupidity)

Lastly, terrorists should be made an example of. Posting their sob stories is no way.

Last edited:

There has been no statistics for sectarian breakup of terrorists but the fact that many terrorists have a stronghold and supply centers in Sufi majority areas proves that they at least have sympathies of Sufi's.

BTW

What i was stating was a rhetorical counterpoint to propaganda of " Ze Evil Wahabbis " as synonymus with terrorists which is not completely justified.

Aurangzed was a naqshbandi Sufi and he acted in a matter as extreme as salafi's. He murdered Sikh Guru thus making Sikhism an eternal enemy of Islam.

There has been no statistics for sectarian breakup of terrorists but the fact that many terrorists have a stronghold and supply centers in Sufi majority areas proves that they at least have sympathies of Sufi's.

BTW

What i was stating was a rhetorical counterpoint to propaganda of " Ze Evil Wahabbis " as synonymus with terrorists which is not completely justified.

Aurangzed was a naqshbandi Sufi and he acted in a matter as extreme as salafi's. He murdered Sikh Guru thus making Sikhism an eternal enemy of Islam.

Ze Evil Wahabbis is just once facet.. there is the ze evil Alawis.. ...and so on.
You will always have the sympathy of someone wherein you are being subjected to a foreign rule.. It is ridiculous to try and link forceful occupation and resisting it to one religion.. ever heard of ETA??

Back
Top Bottom