What's new

Your top ten favorite English movies of all time?

pardon me asking, where's the top ten in that?

1. you are pardoned friend!

now lets see top-10 eh

1. klute - jane fonda won an oscar
2. reds - critically acclaimed movie about american commies in russia - w/beatty
3. wizard of oz - need i say more - a great hollywood musical
4 &5. vertigo and rear window - alfred hitchcock classics
6. sgt. york - an american war classic of WWI
7. killing fields - oscar winner about the war in cambodia
8. all the presidents men - watergate thriller with r/redford and d/hoffman
9. love story - eric segals great love novel
10. west side story - another great hollywood musical about puerto ricans and whites in NY in the 50's

should i go on mate!

Last edited:
You guys have it all wrong. The all time best English movie is none other than the Pakistani production of "Basheera in trouble"...the first Punjabi "FILUM" to be translated into English and get to the top of Blockbuster charts! :lol:

Don't mess with the best:

nof_ZUsczXA[/media] - Fifty Fifty - Bashira in Trouble

:rofl::rofl:

A Presentation of "Paindu" productions...:rofl:

Dear,blain2; sir
very cool sir, btw my perception, about you was very serious & quite, but you realy, shown the way at least to me!:enjoy:
"Basheera in trouble" could not stand against " dubai challoo" what do you think.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? :eek:
Man...I think Frodo's the most ignorant, stupid, annoying and dull figure to watch for nine lonh hours...its really a torture! :cry:

LOL, I too tend to fast forward the Frodo parts mostly.;)

But all in all its still a good movie, with the epic fights and scenes...perfect good VS evil theme...something we Lord of the Ring fans cannot ignore.:cheers:

Ok,

1. Shawshank Redemption. [My all time fav]
2. All three of the Hannibal Lecter Movies. [Especially: The Silence of the Lambs]
3. Pan's Labyrinth. [I think it's just stunning!]
4. The Dark Knight. [:enjoy: A recent addition]
5. The Usual Suspects.
6. The Fountain. [Beautiful!]
7. Into the Wild.
8. Bourne Series.
9. Twelve Monkeys.
10. Goodfellas.

I also love the "X Files" among TV series, cant stop watching it. Got all the seasons some months back. "Dexter" and "Prison Break" are also my fav.

Tell me which is the most horror movie you have ever seen. Not the too gory ones, I mean the phsycological s**t.

On your choice #5, you would get a :tup: from Keyser (one of the mods) ;)

Dear,blain2; sir
very cool sir, btw my perception, about you was very serious & quite, but you realy, shown the way at least to me!:enjoy:
"Basheera in trouble" could not stand against " dubai challoo" what do you think.:D

Bat yar,

I too laugh (mostly at my own comedy of errors though;) ).

I was in Washington DC once and forwarded a VHS tape of this "Basheera in trouble" comedy to some American born Pakistani kids at a University there, it was an instant hit. Supposedly that VHS made rounds and multiple copies were made of it. :P

Ok,

1. Shawshank Redemption. [My all time fav]
2. All three of the Hannibal Lecter Movies. [Especially: The Silence of the Lambs]
3. Pan's Labyrinth. [I think it's just stunning!]
4. The Dark Knight. [:enjoy: A recent addition]
5. The Usual Suspects.
6. The Fountain. [Beautiful!]
7. Into the Wild.
8. Bourne Series.
9. Twelve Monkeys.
10. Goodfellas.

I also love the "X Files" among TV series, cant stop watching it. Got all the seasons some months back. "Dexter" and "Prison Break" are also my fav.

Tell me which is the most horror movie you have ever seen. Not the too gory ones, I mean the phsycological s**t.

nice choices!

Is there a "horror" fan here? I'v seen some good horror movies but I feel I am missing some good ones ...

I can't watch old movies like ... The black and white ones, the acting is too ... stony ...

Is there a "horror" fan here? I'v seen some good horror movies but I feel I am missing some good ones ...

I can't watch old movies like ... The black and white ones, the acting is too ... stony ...

i like horror movies. but none of them are good enough to make a top 10.

the greatest weakness of horro movies is that u can only enjoy them once. you wont get any satisfaction watching them again.

same case with murder mysteries.

Back
Top Bottom