What's new

Your favorite posters on PDF

While you may have got a point there but I have observed a strange recurrence on this forum. A heavy majority of Pakistani members displaying such prejudice and consistency in such beliefs seem to have one flag other than Pakistan's and mostly a US or a UK flag. That is also true for Bangladeshi members. And every now and then I see them confessing that they can't read Urdu or that they're 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants. I wonder why that is and if the State of Pakistan is also responsible for their bigotry.

@Nilgiri @hinduguy

@Oscar I would have you too comment on this.

Removal from direct proximity of the consequences (short and long term) gives such an aura to many.

One of them from Bangladesh in another thread is sitting comfortably in Japan while hollering for innocent Indian villagers taking refuge from floods on their side of the border to be butchered in cold blood....because hey what is Japan going to suffer from the Indian retaliation.

You can call it a larger ease and availability to engage in philosophical dissonance.

The kaffirs already have most of that Jannat. Had it long before the world had heard of Muslims. I still don't see why you should take offence from delusional ranting.

Stolen from my friend Rajiv Tyagi's Facebook page:

On the eve of Pakistan's Independence Day, let me share these words by a Secular Pakistani poet. It applies as much to Pakistan as it applies to Muslims all over.

'मैं भी काफिर तू भी काफिर, मैं भी काफिर, तू भी काफिर
फूलों की खुशबू भी काफिर, शब्दों का जादू भी काफिर

यह भी काफिर, वह भी काफिर, फैज और मंटो भी काफिर
नूरजहां का गाना काफिर, मैकडोनाल्ड का खाना काफिर

बर्गर काफिर, कोक भी काफिर, हंसी गुनाह और जोक भी काफिर
तबला काफिर, ढोल भी काफिर, प्यार भरे दो बोल भी काफिर

सुर भी काफिर, ताल भी काफिर, भांगड़ा, नाच, धमाल भी काफिर
दादरा, ठुमरी, भैरवी काफिर, काफी और खयाल भी काफिर

वारिस शाह की हीर भी काफिर, चाहत की जंजीर भी काफिर
जिंदा-मुर्दा पीर भी काफिर, भेंट नियाज की खीर भी काफिर

बेटे का बस्ता भी काफिर, बेटी की गुड़िया भी काफिर
हंसना-रोना कुफ्र का सौदा, गम भी काफिर, खुशियां भी काफिर

जींस और गिटार भी काफिर, टखनों से नीचे बांधो तो
अपनी यह सलवार भी काफिर, कला और कलाकार भी काफिर

जो मेरी धमकी न छापे, वह सारे अखबार भी काफिर
यूनिवर्सिटी के अंदर काफिर, डार्विन का बंदर भी काफिर

फ्रायड पढ़ाने वाले काफिर, मार्क्स के सब मतवाले काफिर
मेले-ठेले कुफ्र का धंधा, गाने-बाजे सारे फंदा

मंदिर में तो बुत होता है, मस्जिद का भी हाल बुरा है
कुछ मस्जिद के बाहर काफिर, कुछ मस्जिद के अंदर काफिर

मुस्लिम देशों में मुस्लिम भी काफिर, गैर मुस्लिम तो हैं ही काफिर

काफिर काफिर मैं भी काफिर, काफिर-काफिर तू भी काफिर,

काफिर काफिर हम दोनों काफिर, काफिर काफिर सारा जहाँ ही काफिर।

While you may have got a point there but I have observed a strange recurrence on this forum. A heavy majority of Pakistani members displaying such prejudice and consistency in such beliefs seem to have one flag other than Pakistan's and mostly a US or a UK flag. That is also true for Bangladeshi members. And every now and then I see them confessing that they can't read Urdu or that they're 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants. I wonder why that is and if the State of Pakistan is also responsible for their bigotry.

@Nilgiri @hinduguy

give it a rest man.. this is supposed to be a lightweight thread... I just made a passing reference... the member replied.. I moved on... I dont like shining too much light on anybody's face so much so the the member becomes uncomfortable... or at least I wont be part of it... plus am not very good at providing philosophical basis for things I support/oppose coz am not a well read individual... and rely on my observations to create a set of hypotheses about the world around me... they are just a collection of my individual biases/beliefs may or may not be same as what many others might believe... any reason I might give will probably be to rationalize of those beliefs... so I would leave it to other esteem members and find some other thread to pick fight with ppl... :)

On the eve of Pakistan's Independence Day, let me share these words by a Secular Pakistani poet. It applies as much to Pakistan as it applies to Muslims all over.

Good one. For Pakistani members:

'میں نے بھی کافر تو بھی کافر، میں بھی کافر، تو بھی کافر
پھولوں کی خوشبو بھی کافر، الفاظ کا جادو بھی کافر

یہ بھی کافر، وہ بھی کافر، فیض اور منٹو بھی کافر
نور جہاں کا گانا کافر، میکڈونالڈ کا کھانا کافر

برگر کافر، کوک بھی کافر، ہنسی گناہ اور جوک بھی کافر
طبلہ کافر، ڈھول بھی کافر، محبت بھرے دو بول بھی کافر

سر بھی کافر، تال بھی کافر، بھنگڑا، رقص، دھمال بھی کافر
دادرا، ٹھمری، بھےروي کافر، کافی اور خیال بھی کافر

وارث شاہ کی ہیر بھی کافر، چاہت کی زنجیر بھی کافر
زندہ-مردہ پیر بھی کافر، دورہ نياج کی کھیر بھی کافر

بیٹے کا بستہ بھی کافر، بیٹی گڑیا بھی کافر
ہنسنا-رونا کفر کا سودا، گم بھی کافر، خوشیاں بھی کافر

جینس اور گٹار بھی کافر، ٹخنوں سے نیچے باندھو تو
اپنی یہ سلوار بھی کافر، آرٹ اور آرٹسٹ بھی کافر

جو میری دھمکی نہ چھاپے، وہ سارے اخبار بھی کافر
یونیورسٹی کے اندر کافر، ڈارون کا بندر بھی کافر

فرایڈ پڑھانے والے کافر، مارکس کے تمام متوالے کافر
میلے-ٹھیلے کفر کا دھندہ، گانے، نغمے باجے سارے پھندا

مندر میں تو فیٹش ہوتا ہے، مسجد کا بھی حال برا ہے
کچھ مسجد کے باہر کافر، کچھ مسجد کے اندر کافر

مسلم ممالک میں مسلم بھی کافر، غیر مسلم تو ہیں ہی کافر

کافر کافر میں بھی کافر، کافر-کافر تو بھی کافر،

کافر کافر ہم دونوں کافر، کافر کافر سارا جہاں ہی کافر.

Do you like poetry? What kind?

give it a rest man.. this is supposed to be a lightweight thread... I just made a passing reference... the member replied.. I moved on... I dont like shining too much light on anybody's face so much so the the member becomes uncomfortable... or at least I wont be part of it... plus am not very good at providing philosophical basis for things I support/oppose coz am not a well read individual... and rely on my observations to create a set of hypotheses about the world around me... they are just a collection of my individual biases/beliefs may or may not be same as what many others might believe... any reason I might give will probably be to rationalize of those beliefs... so I would leave it to other esteem members and find some other thread to pick fight with ppl... :)
Sorry! Didn't mean to get you in trouble.

@Nilgiri @hinduguy

The reason probably is when you are in a foreign land you seek refuge among your kind...and usually the largest and most easily accessible of people who are your kind are usually your coreligionists.."The State of Pakistan" is not a monolithic concept...it means something for a farmer in a remote Pakistani village,it means something else for a urban kid for whom Pakistan is probably what you post about once a year on facebook. For a 2nd generation foreign born kid it is an identity...not an identity that you would study about...but an identity that is his very own just like the other kid from the other block has his Indian identity(which the other kid probably knows nothing about). After all if he has one I need one for myself to...does not matter what it is as long as I have one too.

https://defence.pk/threads/main-bhi-kafir-tu-bhi-kafir.315806/

@Nilgiri @hinduguy

Diaspora either have a romanticized or vilified view of their motherland. They don't know the ground reality.

Even After arranging all those liters of B+ for you, how can you forget me bro :cray:
bert-stare-o.gif

2nd Episode is on the way :whistle: ....I overlooked great great Superstars including You, Jamahir and HttpError, Tipu7, FallenKing and respectable Sir Hakikat....The problem in managing those list are obvious...kindly pardon me for a mistake and accept my apology
@Mentee :tup: @Kashmiri Pandit @Spring Onion @jamahir @dadeechi @ranjeet @Zibago @!eon @Paksanity @Shaheer ul haq @Taimoor Khan @GR!FF!N @salarsikander @Moonlight @war&peace @Hiptullha @monitor @asad71 @khanz @Path-Finder @Menace2Society @OrionHunter @idune @LeGenD @HAKIKAT (sir how are you) @graphican @Anubis @Blackmoon @saiyan0321 @member.exe @ghazi52 @Akheilos (Salam madam) @Jf Thunder @Sheikh Rauf @A1Kaid @Omar1984 @BDforever @ejaz007 @TOPGUN @HAIDER @Loki @Mr.Meap @Shamain @utraash @WaLeEdK2 @ziaulislam @Shotgunner51 @Ranasikander

It is not my dream list...above are the posters whom I admire or came across on different occasions.

View attachment 325786
2nd Episode is on the way :whistle: ....I overlooked great great Superstars including You, Jamahir and HttpError, Tipu7, FallenKing and respectable Sir Hakikat....The problem in managing those list are obvious...kindly pardon me for a mistake and accept my apology
@Mentee :tup: @Kashmiri Pandit @Spring Onion @jamahir @dadeechi @ranjeet @Zibago @!eon @Paksanity @Shaheer ul haq @Taimoor Khan @GR!FF!N @salarsikander @Moonlight @war&peace @Hiptullha @monitor @asad71 @khanz @Path-Finder @Menace2Society @OrionHunter @idune @LeGenD @HAKIKAT (sir how are you) @graphican @Anubis @Blackmoon @saiyan0321 @member.exe @ghazi52 @Akheilos (Salam madam) @Jf Thunder @Sheikh Rauf @A1Kaid @Omar1984 @BDforever @ejaz007 @TOPGUN @HAIDER @Loki @Mr.Meap @Shamain @utraash @WaLeEdK2 @ziaulislam @Shotgunner51 @Ranasikander

It is not my dream list...above are the posters whom I admire or came across on different occasions.

You are the second person who tagged me on the thread, thanks a lot! :)

View attachment 325786

I always admire posters with unique user IDs irrespective of their views

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom