What's new

Your favorite posters on PDF

while my mobile(iPhone- an American product) uses the American version of English words. Gosh!
I hate it when it shows me spelling errors. Radicalise gets automatically corrected to radicalize and phrases like "Knight in shining armour" get autocorrected to "Knight in shining armor". Suddenly it feels as if my knight has lost an important part of his armour. :(

That can be fixed with settings or at worse importing a dictionary, Ma'am

In both the languages, words don't have any ambiguity about them

French is all ambiguity but in exchange expresses nuances incredibly well.
Best example : the surname De Broglie which is pronounced De Breuil.

Great day to you, Tay.

That can be fixed with settings or at worse importing a dictionary, Ma'am
Thanks for the suggestion.
French is all ambiguity but in exchange expresses nuances incredibly well.
That reminds me, few days back, my German trainee told me Munich is not pronounced the way we (other than Germans) pronounce it.
Her style of pronouncing the word sounded something like Muenigch with a dot or two above one of the alphabets.

Ciao

LOL you took me back to my year 12 physics class. My physics teachers pronounced that name just like you said it should not be pronounced.

You forgot to tell in French Paris is not Paris

---------------------

Last edited:
Yeah I do remember when Mullah brigade tried to coup Tharki brigade by forcing the thread be shut. If you remember I was standing alongside you, shoulder to shoulder and some other members like Dark Wave if I remember correctly who made the evil ambitions of Mullah brigade bite the dust.

PS: I was totally unaware of our ever so popular fashion industry until you started posting such fantastic photos in that thread. It really felt like we are currently dominating the current fashion industry of South Asia and becoming even bigger than Indian fashion industry. The reason I was really keen to promote that thread is, it showed a different picture of Pakistan in positive way when we were having multiple bomb blasts in Pakistan on weekly basis. I was once the second or third highest poster in that thread after you by writing so many posts of appreciation to keep that thread alive and active.

Thx man appreciate the support from all u guys and the mods who backed me. I subscribe to a live and let live policy anyway. I myself was unaware of our fashion scene also other than Iman ali ,Sunita and few others models/actresses who i was posting only after more people starting posting there and also posting stuff from pakistan fashion week I also became more aware. I am glad it's really boomed in last few years and even got positive press in international media .

Just realized i've been posting here for over 3 years now, And have come across many a character, Most highly nationalists for obvious reasons of being a defense forum, Some religious conservative nuts (Mostly Pakistani) Some very dense college kids (Mainly Indians from my experience), And obviously some very mature sane intellectual posters from all the countries represented

These are the blokes/ladies who i have got along pretty well.. And found to be most agreeable with..

Who are yours ?

Pakistani - @waz , @Armstrong

Indian - @Nilgiri , @Joe Shearer @nair

Chinese - @Shotgunner51 , @AndrewJin

Turkish - @xenon54

Japanese - @Nihonjin

Bangladeshi - @Anubis

Burmese - @Aung Zaya

Lankans - @Azizam , @Saradiel

Thanks bro, You are on my list as well along with @PARIKRAMA @Vergennes @django @Taygibay @Abingdonboy @Water Car Engineer @Levina @Kashmiri Pandit @Desert Fox @anant_s @Godman @Rain Man @ranjeet and quite a few others.

You are the guys that make this forum a worthwhile place to be since I learn so much on all kinds of matters from you and/or share a few laughs.

I definitely agree that @waz is a very sensible pleasant good person...one can immediately tell by the choice of words he makes and his independent views on many matters. Like he said the CAN-UK-AUS links are part of this hehe.

@Aung Zaya is a very friendly chap too, @Joe Shearer very experienced and knowledgeable and @AndrewJin shares the same passion of rail travel like me (along with anant).

@Anubis is definitely one of the most (if not the most) grounded Bangladeshi member...I still chuckle at the way he takes on some of his compatriots...a very creative person I must say.

And who can forget @BDforever and his cat memes :P

bro,can you stop getting banned?
I like reading your posts.

I posted an external forum link not realising thats not allowed. Tried to reason, no dice :P

I will try my best from now on hehe, this last one came as a shock since I was on good behaviour...I had to dig around to see what it must have been, what confused me was they didnt delete/edit the post in question (that I think it is)....anyways one more thing I know now not to do (add it to the ever growing list!)

Being a creepy stalker on instagram helped me get even more knowledgeable about our industry now i know in advance if there is an event :D
(miss Veet 2016 in a few weeks )man i love the auditions :P
Thx man appreciate the support from all u guys and the mods who backed me. I subscribe to a live and let live policy anyway. I myself was unaware of our fashion scene also other than Iman ali ,Sunita and few others models/actresses who i was posting only after more people starting posting there and also posting stuff from pakistan fashion week I also became more aware. I am glad it's really boomed in last few years and even got positive press in international media .

Being a creepy stalker on instagram helped me get even more knowledgeable about our industry now i know in advance if there is an event :D
(miss Veet 2016 in a few weeks )man i love the auditions :P

I posted an external forum link not realising thats not allowed. Tried to reason, no dice :P

I will try my best from now on hehe, this last one came as a shock since I was on good behaviour...I had to dig around to see what it must have been, what confused me was they didnt delete/edit the post in question (that I think it is)....anyways one more thing I know now not to do (add it to the ever growing list!)
I hope you've read this by now>>>>
https://defence.pk/forums/forum-book.111/

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom