What's new

Your favorite posters on PDF

If you go to some areas of London that have been captured by the french,you won't have problem finding some croissants or some volvic water. :bunny:
my local has the volvic water i buy a 1.5 litre bottle every day before work. that and to ensure im helping my fellow french compadres as for the croissants tesco's dont make them fresh or even sainsburys. and i aint making the 230+mile trip to london for them. i want them, but not that badly

I quite like @Major d1. He has been awfully nice to me, which is always appreciated and has made posts I enjoy reading. Another would have to be @PAKISTANFOREVER, I love his posts but he's been inactive for a while. @Windjammer is also great, as well as @Horus . Oh and let's not forget @lastofthepatriots. He get's banned pretty much all the time for making some nasty remarks, but it's always in response to other a55holes on this forum, I respect him for that and understand his frustration.

As for members I have mixed feelings for, @MarkusS. Markus is usually polite, but he is racist and a supremacist which really makes it hard for me to be reasonable towards him. Another one is @Tipu7. Another great poster, but he has some religious convictions I question.

When it comes to members I downright dislike, it would be @Joe Shearer. During a discussion we had he started being condescending and rude, which I despise.

I was so glad to read that. One must select one's fans carefully. You are definitely one of those whose ill-will and dislike I would earnestly solicit. The things you say define my own position admirably.

two of my favourite pakistani posters are perma banned .. darkinsky and a racist pathan I cant remember his id... :)
spring onion will get mention on women's quota...salik for being so mysterious..
mugwoop has done pretty poorly since she got the title...
among bdians i like loki(not active much), anubis and a bihari who every bdian and indian hated to guts(forgot his id, not active)... but he was funnier than major saab and quite agreeable(to me)

among indians, rain main(when not being pathetic troll)... sky lord, parikrama...
ed:saw somebody else mentioned, have to add anant coz I love railways..
jamahir was good because he appeared to be contrarian and have general decency but ever since I could put him in a box, he has become boring...
abingdonboy is decent but simply he is too far from India to have any sense of reality... too bookish
joe has seen the biggest fall simply because he is abusive to young members and has no patience for people with different views.. am already a condescending grumpy bloke... I shudder to think what will happen to me in future :(

chinese - pass , very rarely read a post with double red flag, things might have changed in last 2 years though
turks - same as above, have not been to their section much lately, neptune was good
iranian - soheil(?), the most prolific iranian poster, coz of his sick smileys

Old age.

And you're right. It'll happen to you, too.

There are MANY Good Posters on PDF

As they say -- It takes ALL KINDS to Make this World

In fact,I should have included all the indian crew of PDF,you are the REASON,I enjoy this forum,without you,I wouldn't have my daily dose of laughter,you guys are the best,never change. :tup:
bc7.png

I was so glad to read that. One must select one's fans carefully. You are definitely one of those whose ill-will and dislike I would earnestly solicit. The things you say define my own position admirably..

Likewise, I despise rude and condescending creatures like you.

What do you all think of me?? I am a fair and peaceful person who believes that while world is a family and there is still goodness in the world. All of the worlds problem can be solved by some give and take and acceptance.

You support terrorism, so I don't like you.

joe has seen the biggest fall simply because he is abusive to young members and has no patience for people with different views.. am already a condescending grumpy bloke... I shudder to think what will happen to me in future :(

Don't worry, you seem like a decent chap unlike him.

That's easy to answer!
After their independence, the Americans had to import all that they couldn't yet make.
That included ink. And many nations aligned with Britannia made them pay through
the nose for what was an already pricey commodity.

They thus decided to save ink by remouving ( sorry, jk there ) the phonetically unneces-
sary U, a minute gain to compound over time as the wheat grains on the chessboard.

In the process, they won a differentiator with their past masters; all good!

Linguists blame Webster and his dictionary for the same effect.

In English itself ( the British one ), latin derivatives such as -our -or have
a history that includes French influences and make them touchy.

Hope it helps milady, Tay.

Thanks.
I had read something similar about spellings on a FB page.
The Americans in an attempt to create their own identity ended up altering a few spellings.
Webster, as you rightly pointed out, is to be blamed for the mess. Ofcourse he had his own logic behind converting axe to ax (yeah even I don't like the extra vowel in the word).
Ironically,Webster, who came up with this idea got one word wrong- tung.
Yeah he meant tongue.
Under normal circumstances, I would have supported Webster and his logic of dropping unwanted vowels but the problem is we(in India) are taught Btitish English, while my mobile(iPhone- an American product) uses the American version of English words. Gosh!
I hate it when it shows me spelling errors. Radicalise gets automatically corrected to radicalize and phrases like "Knight in shining armour" get autocorrected to "Knight in shining armor". Suddenly it feels as if my knight has lost an important part of his armour. :(
All this brings me to my witsend! Grrr

English is not my first language. I'm still very comfortable speaking to my people in my national language(Hindi) or mother tongue(Malayalam).
In both the languages, words don't have any ambiguity about them, as in if the word was "knowledge" then in Hindi I would skip the silent alphabet K. Leaves none with a doubt as to how the word has to be pronounced. :meeting:

Btw my post which you had chosen to reply to was actually a sarcastic post (not intended at you) but ppl who create and participate in such threads. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:D everyone before 2010 is a legend. We all grew together some were swallowed by difficulties of life while likes of few of us including you we have somehow learned to swim the swamp. hhehehehe hum sab badroohain hain . Wo Asim yad aa gaya.

You must remember such old threads where we see some gems (members).

Old timers missing their glory days :D

sunset.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom