What's new

You Think the Air in Beijing Is Bad? Try New Delhi

India has the world's worse pollution without any factories or automobiles! :rofl:

india has a lot of these antiques on the roads which give off a lot of heavily polluted lead and sulphur dioxide filled emissions:

83974d1230754774-indian-taxi-pictures-select-cab-7.jpg

indian-taxi-to-the-market-thumb20461768.jpg

images

varanasi-uttar-pradesh-travel-46.jpg

indian_taxi_1.jpg

images

Mexico-city-taxi---Ronaldo-.jpg

i don't think there are any examples of developing countries that can effectively (and viably) adopt a strictly pro-environment approach towards development....too expensive

any industrial activity will inevitably yield GHG emissions

so there is no easy way around this problem....it would be nice to eventually see at least Euro-III standard become the norm in the general region. What is done to environment now will effect later generations very dismally

a damn good start would be for govt. schemes to buy back or offer incentives to individuals willing to surrender old vehicles...especially older diesel cars which have no catalytic converters and emit large amounts of smoke and soot

Hahaha first of all bs article .
Secondly I would like to tell my Chinese counterparts that if New Delhi is polluted then cities such as Rome and Milan are far much worse for that matter....(source : experience)

Nobody can challenge your level of pollution :D

delhi-pollution.jpg

New Delhi skyline-

if we invest in energy/green friendly public transport in Lahore/Karachi we can avoid such dismal pictures....it's very depressing to be breathing and seeing this kind of air quality

i fondly remember Cairo Egypt....incredible city; however on some days, the air quality is just awful. It affects your mood, and your energy

ya maybe.
but then mumbai has sea.maybe that affects the level of pollution too.

pollution should be less if its by the sea. Its when in the valleys that a city has bad pollution. Bombay must have really bad pollution if its worse than an inland city.

@A.Rafay if you dont know mumbai than you shouldnt say something doesnt make sence.... The air in mumbai flows from arabian sea and also mumbai has jungle just outside thane (however its under threat now).... That helping mumbai cope with pollution.... But in china situation far worse.... In western world they make fun of china by saying china most polluted country and india has alot poverty.... But yes india will over take china soon as india will no.1 in population and that will increase pollution if theres no clean energy.... Mind you india use coal for energy....
here about thane jungle and how population growing there.... Outside thane use to be jungle but now population destroying it and making hotels, buildings, more theme parks and god knows what else....
Thane Information - Places to See in Thane & Thane Photos - HotelKhoj.com
@gpit i have seen china's polluted air news in news channel.... Whole world was pulling leg of china including indian media.... The air looked like a building came down and dust covered city.... The BBC declared majority of china dont see sun.... Specialy in cities. Only lucky days our lord planet sun been seen over chinese cities.... Pollution big threat to humans. By 2030 there wont be much oxygen to breath....

I have been to Beijing 6 months ago, and the air quality was not as bad as you depict. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
india has a lot of these antiques on the roads which give off a lot of heavily polluted lead and sulphur dioxide filled emissions:

83974d1230754774-indian-taxi-pictures-select-cab-7.jpg

indian-taxi-to-the-market-thumb20461768.jpg

images

varanasi-uttar-pradesh-travel-46.jpg

indian_taxi_1.jpg

images

Mexico-city-taxi---Ronaldo-.jpg

All Taxis and Buses in Delhi are CNG operated and Autorickshaws CNG/battery operated.. :lol: @ Chini propoganda..
+

China bashing sometimes is good,it can help to get the world attention thus get the government attention.Beijing's pollution is bad,especially this year.we surely need to do sth about it.by the way we get a gorgeous day today in Beijing,so clean,so fresh,really hope it can stay this way.

All Taxis and Buses in Delhi are CNG operated and Autorickshaws CNG/battery operated.. :lol: @ Chini propoganda..
+

that makes the situation in n delhi even worse!

why is n delhi or bombay more polluted than Beijing which have a lot more emission controlled cars and factories!

China bashing sometimes is good,it can help to get the world attention thus get the government attention.Beijing's pollution is bad,especially this year.we surely need to do sth about it.by the way we get a gorgeous day today in Beijing,so clean,so fresh,really hope it can stay this way.

yes I thinking the government is being grilled by the media heat in BJ!

that makes the situation in n delhi even worse!

why is n delhi or bombay more polluted than Beijing which have a lot more emission controlled cars and factories!

yes I thinking the government is grilling on the media heat in BJ!

That is because New Delhi and Bombay has zero enforced emission practice. There could be laws against pollution but none is enforced. Just like 19th century.

I don't think pollution is that big of a problem in Delhi...It is one of the greenest cities....

Back
Top Bottom