What's new

you still want musharaff back?

my indian friend said this abt Musharraf

*~»§.u.м.ı.т A.ģ.ή.ı B.ı.s.w.ล.s-«~*- says:
i knw..its been a long time..but after musharaff thingz r nt goin well
he was proper
during his dayz,,pakistan was nice n safe..
ali says:

Well at least During Musharraf the region was in much more peaceful state.
Even KASHMIR issue was going somewhere. Pakistan had a better militrary power. With Musharraf's being lively - like that dhoni comment - he actually made many indian friends. He was not as diplomatic - What ever he had to say was out there, without making circles and beating the bush.

I seriously think its a useless debate.and a rhetorical question.I 'm in no favor of present government.I just want peace back in pakistan no matter whoever brings it.Musharraf, this man hasnt as many friends friends as he has enemies thats for sure.Those internal wars, poor contruction work, lame justifications for his negligence regarding energy crisis, And this is how Pakistan flourished economically during his era
http://www.unescap.org/ttdw/common/...safety Country Papers/Pakistan_Roadsafety.pdf
he brought more more cars in Pakistan but did he by any chance shrink the roads causing fatal accidents ?sure not.:tsk:
Icing on the cake.I've to admit when Musharraf overthrew Nawaz ,I was barely 13.And apparently very happy that someone resposible and "real man" has taken charge.He let the whole nation down.We've no hopes from Zardari..but what good Musharraf did?

Icing on the cake.I've to admit when Musharraf overthrew Nawaz ,I was barely 13.And apparently very happy that someone resposible and "real man" has taken charge.He let the whole nation down.We've no hopes from Zardari..but what good Musharraf did?

Thanks for mentioning that, that's a really good point, this is the reason why we lag behind, we make choices without thinking, a few years back i was happy because Musharraf was brought down, only because most people were happy about it, but then now days these same people wish Musharraf was back. Then it is our fault that Zardari is president because we voted for him, we knew that he was going to be the next president, and most people voted for Bhutos party out of sympathy.

Musharraf has done a lot of pakistan, the only reason he was criticized was because he agreed to help America on WoT.

Ofcourse we do.rather out of emotions.I did not vote for Zardari BTW and I was not hoping that he'll win. If Benazir deservesd at all , It goes all over my head how could people compare Zardari with Benazir???

Musharraf has done a lot of pakistan, the only reason he was criticized was because he agreed to help America on WoT.
America ka chamcha hai Musharraf.

Thanks for mentioning that, that's a really good point, this is the reason why we lag behind, we make choices without thinking, a few years back i was happy because Musharraf was brought down, only because most people were happy about it, but then now days these same people wish Musharraf was back. Then it is our fault that Zardari is president because we voted for him, we knew that he was going to be the next president, and most people voted for Bhutos party out of sympathy.

We didnt vote for Musharaff...niether I voted for zardari...but majority of pakistanis did...so let them bare the consequences and they'll learn next time who to vote for. Rome wasnt built in one day as mentioned by ilovef16. We'll havr to give a chance to democracy...

Here is a very interesting post by Asim Aquil. very logical.

Think about it this way, what good is a great country with idiots as a nation.

If you read Musharraf's book you'll learn about how he talks about his different experiences and you can really understand how he got to be who he is. How life's experiences, his parents moving to turkey, his crush on the Bangali girl, him falling from a tree and breaking his head, his training as an SSG, the wars, the assassination attempts and so on are the things that made him into who he is. He builds a very nice causal chain and you can see the progression.

Unforunately we've never had that progression. For good reasons or for bad, I'm not arguing that. So people will vote like idiots, big deal. What will happen? Chaos? It will also lead to a realization amongst people that their bad decisions have really bad consequences.

An example is often given, when a gazelle gives birth, within minutes the baby stands on its own, within a few hours its walking and even running with its herd. Humans aren't like that, we take months before we can start crawling maybe an year before we can walk and yet stumble.

Let us stumble, fall over, break a few bones. Ultimately, we'll run with the herd too.

The process is going to be ugly, but you got to bear with it. Will the federation break? It might, nothing is for certain right? Try your best that it doesn't without impeding upon democracy otherwise this vicious cycle will never end and we'll be an intact nation of idiots.

In the words of Habib Jalib

"Yeh jo das karore hain, jahl ka nichor hain
Inki fikr so gai, har ummeed ki kiran zulmaton main kho gai
Yeh khabar darust hai, inki maut hogai
Beshaoor log hain, zindagi ka rog hain
Aur tere (the savior army man) paas hai inki dard ki dawa"

"Tu (the savior again) khuda ka noor hai, Akal hai shaoor hai
Qaum tere saath hai, tere hi vajood se mulk ki nijaat hai
Tu hai mehr-e-subhe-nau, tere baad raat hai
Bolte jo chand hain, sab yeh sharh pasand hain
Inki kheench de zabaan, inka ghoont de gala"

Here is a very interesting post by Asim Aquil. very logical.

Think about it this way, what good is a great country with idiots as a nation.

If you read Musharraf's book you'll learn about how he talks about his different experiences and you can really understand how he got to be who he is. How life's experiences, his parents moving to turkey, his crush on the Bangali girl, him falling from a tree and breaking his head, his training as an SSG, the wars, the assassination attempts and so on are the things that made him into who he is. He builds a very nice causal chain and you can see the progression.

Unforunately we've never had that progression. For good reasons or for bad, I'm not arguing that. So people will vote like idiots, big deal. What will happen? Chaos? It will also lead to a realization amongst people that their bad decisions have really bad consequences.

An example is often given, when a gazelle gives birth, within minutes the baby stands on its own, within a few hours its walking and even running with its herd. Humans aren't like that, we take months before we can start crawling maybe an year before we can walk and yet stumble.

Let us stumble, fall over, break a few bones. Ultimately, we'll run with the herd too.

The process is going to be ugly, but you got to bear with it. Will the federation break? It might, nothing is for certain right? Try your best that it doesn't without impeding upon democracy otherwise this vicious cycle will never end and we'll be an intact nation of idiots.

In the words of Habib Jalib

"Yeh jo das karore hain, jahl ka nichor hain
Inki fikr so gai, har ummeed ki kiran zulmaton main kho gai
Yeh khabar darust hai, inki maut hogai
Beshaoor log hain, zindagi ka rog hain
Aur tere (the savior army man) paas hai inki dard ki dawa"

"Tu (the savior again) khuda ka noor hai, Akal hai shaoor hai
Qaum tere saath hai, tere hi vajood se mulk ki nijaat hai
Tu hai mehr-e-subhe-nau, tere baad raat hai
Bolte jo chand hain, sab yeh sharh pasand hain
Inki kheench de zabaan, inka ghoont de gala"

Democracy is not always the best medicine. Plus i see no difference between democracy now and how Musharraf did his job.

We didnt vote for Musharaff...niether I voted for zardari...but majority of pakistanis did...so let them bare the consequences and they'll learn next time who to vote for. Rome wasnt built in one day as mentioned by ilovef16. We'll havr to give a chance to democracy...
So you are admiting that you are for ML-N thanks for clearing it!!! Now i can see your hate towards EX PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN, President Musharraf. Good luck on that but everyone is no better then Musharraf and he is still the best option, As far as Rome is concern you are talking about 2000 years ago and
This rome is also introduced from your most haterd nations from the West.... Talk about your loving Islam and Islamic world!!!!

So you are admiting that you are for ML-N thanks for clearing it!!! Now i can see your hate towards EX PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN, President Musharraf. Good luck on that but everyone is no better then Musharraf and he is still the best option, As far as Rome is concern you are talking about 2000 years ago and
This rome is also introduced from your most haterd nations from the West.... Talk about your loving Islam and Islamic world!!!!

whats wrong with you? where did I say I had voted for ML-N?

seriously dude...get a life :)

I seriously think its a useless debate.and a rhetorical question.I 'm in no favor of present government.I just want peace back in pakistan no matter whoever brings it.Musharraf, this man hasnt as many friends friends as he has enemies thats for sure.Those internal wars, poor contruction work, lame justifications for his negligence regarding energy crisis, And this is how Pakistan flourished economically during his era
http://www.unescap.org/ttdw/common/...safety Country Papers/Pakistan_Roadsafety.pdf
he brought more more cars in Pakistan but did he by any chance shrink the roads causing fatal accidents ?sure not.:tsk:

ilovef16, I still suggest you to take an in-depth look at what Musharraf achieved for the country both economically and politically, especially compared to the past PML-N and PPP tenures.
And while doing that keep in your mind that when anyone says that economy during his time was great, they talk about it keeping the circumstances and limitations we had in the year 2000 and then 2001. I hope you find the other, true side of the story and if you don't, atleast keep searching for facts.

Alright relent8 thanks for your suggestions.And I know the facts already.Have a good day.

Since the graph of growth was in quadratic climb, I suppose with present gas prices, lesser debts and increased infrastructure it would have been crossed double figures today, but only if P.Musharraf had still be ruling.
During the last years (2007-2008) of the Musharraf regime, the economic growth rate was slowing down, not increasing, because the regime raised salaries, pensions and increased subsidies on food items and oil (despite a steep rise in crude prices on the world market) ahead of February's election. Simply put, the economic bubble had burst.

Moreover, how can Pakistan’s economy grow at "double figures", when almost the entire world is in recession? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Since the graph of growth was in quadratic climb, I suppose with present gas prices, lesser debts and increased infrastructure it would have been crossed double figures today, but only if P.Musharraf had still be ruling.

I have a great deal of respect for musharaff, he had the courage to say it like it is....

Are Muslims today backward? - 01-14-2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was the former president of Pakistan General Pervez Musharaff, right when he said: "Today we are the poorest, the most illiterate, the most backward, the most unhealthy, the most un-enlightened, the most deprived, and the weakest of all the human race"

Out of the said 1000,000,000+ population, Muslims have only been able to produce nine Nobel laureates. (Eight, considering the beards declared Dr. Abdus Salam an apostate)

Leave out the silly Peace prizes and literature and you barely have 3 Muslims. Three?

Yes, you can literally count them on your fingers.

There's no running away from the fact that the so-called 'Muslim world' is inept, impoverished, and lagging behind on all fronts of human achievement.

They are easily the biggest waste of human capital. The biggest failure to apply any intellect. The most bitter enemies of reason.

In short, the "Muslim World" is the biggest failure in this century in achieving ANYTHING credible. Common sense indicates it. Statistics prove it. There's no room for doubt here.

This humiliating failure is precisely what the Islamists try so hard to hide with their meaningless rants and quest for a 'jihad' against an imaginary global conspiracy involving every 'infidel' on Earth.

They dream of a day when the world is "ruled" by an imaginary pan-world Islamic 'caliphate' that will somehow be magically established by a fantastic 'Islamic revolution' which will dethrone the "west" once and for all. (Yes. Mildly entertaining stuff)

Today, the Islamist answer to any question is "Jews! Americans! Western Propaganda!" .

They are blind to reason, incapable of debate, unopen to discussion or any criticism. They prefer to simply 'silence' all dissent, because they know very well that they cannot answer some very serious questions. It's much easier to declare everyone who questions them as 'apostate'.

Their followers are brainwashed with the simple proclamation of Islam's "supremacy" over the 'West'.

They flood the internet with websites proclaiming this unsubstantiated claim. But the fact remains that every last pixel on their monitor is the result of a 'western' innovation.

The AK-47 that Osama proudly displays is a 'Western' invention. The chemical formula of RDX that they use in their bombs is the culmination of 'Western' research.

Today the Qur'an is printed in printing presses designed in the west, and can be found online using Search Engines algorithms written in the "the West".

The fabrics that Hamas terrorists wear on their forehead were formulated in "the west" and the shirts on their backs were made in textile factories, with machines invented in "the West".

The Satellite phones they use for communication is again a 'western' technology, implemented by satellites that 'the west' launched into space, in rockets designed and built by 'the west', using advanced Computers made by 'the west'.

The Arab world hailed the testing of the "Islamic Bomb" when Pakistan acquired Nuclear weapons, but even the most basic Nuclear Fission reaction and reactor had first been experimented in laboratories in 'the West'.

The world's best Universities, the Best Hospitals, the biggest companies, largest factories.. all are in 'the west'.

While the youth in the Muslim countries are unable to string alphabets together thanks to their antiquated 'madrassa education', 'the west' has advanced in leaps and bounds.

In a span of two hundred years, they have gone from inventing the Steam Engine to putting a "Western" man on the moon to building space stations. They've gone from establishing telegraph posts to inventing the Internet.

WE have failed

Are Muslims today backward? - LI Islamic Forum

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom