What's new

You favourite European Style Military March

A.P. Richelieu

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Inspired by @Vergennes thread on French Marches, but did not want to derail it.

Here is my favorite, although a Military March, I find it most suitable for a peacetime army.

Inspired by @Vergennes thread on French Marches, but did not want to derail it.

Here is my favorite, although a Military March, I find it most suitable for a peacetime army.

I know my fellow are going to insult me,but I really like the British Grenadiers march. Although it could have derived from the Dutch march called "De Jonge Prins Van Friesland". @Penguin

@waz @Providence @Blue Marlin @Pakistani Exile @Abingdonboy

I like anything with fife and drums,old style.

az.jpg

al.jpg

Last edited:
I know my fellow are going to insult me,but I really like the British Grenadiers march. Although it could have derived from the Dutch march called "De Jonge Prins Van Friesland". @Penguin

@waz @Providence @Blue Marlin @Pakistani Exile @Abingdonboy

I like anything with fife and drums,old style.

View attachment 381887
View attachment 381886

The British Grenadiers fife and drum is perhaps the most famous of all, in a large part due to the fact that it was heard in more places on the planet than any other! It's just pure gold.

The only rival, which again is from our country is the legendary Scotland The Brave. Beautiful rendition from our own The Royal Tank Regiment.

This isn't a march, but the instutemental version of Jerusalem, and a tribute to the Commonwealth forces, a part of my own family history.

Last edited:
And does this one sound like walt disney tune ? :mad:

It's pretty good, although to be honest who needs any of these when you have the La Marseillaise, I can march to hell and back with that playing in my head without burning a whisker. :partay:

Back
Top Bottom