What's new

Yemen: Pak Militay Presence a Must in Saudi Arabia & Emirates

Good discussion over all. However, setting the brotherhood aspect aside the following things can be gleaned from recent history and established facts on ground:

Our political elite is no better than the leadership of Sodom and Gomorrah (layed out in the Quran, Bible and Torah), so to expect anything from them that is planned and organized for the betterment of the Muslim nation that causes us to rise as a unified power in the region is a fools errand. I think we all agree on this, I'm just stating the obvious to build on further facts.

As mentioned earlier by some astute and pragmatic thinkers, "what will we get in return", well if we had a half functioning somewhat less dishonest and less self serving government over the years (military and civil), we should have expected a mutually aligned group of nations sharing strategic military and economic benefits. What we got in return to our cozying up to especially the Saudi's as groveling greedy beggars is exactly what any nation with leverage does to another when it comes to international relations and global strategy, we got used. As a result our western boarders once manned by amicable allies Iran became a line of distrust. A profusion of madrassahs started popping up mullahs started to creep into and control the political mindset, we became whabi pawns fighting a proxy war for Saudi hegemony in the region. I worry the same one dimensional foreign policy strategy might also have less than desired results with China, as @MastanKhan rightly said there is no brotherhood between nations, every country looks to its own national interest or in our and some others case the corrupt political elite look to their own interest. (http://www.dw.com/en/the-wahabi-republic-of-pakistan/a-16191055)

Also if you read between the lines with dwindling production where the Saudi's are struggling to keep production (lower than agreed upon OPEC levels) and their drive towards alternative energy and developing a non oil based economy, you can maybe guess what conversation their lord and masters (USA and others) have had with them. My assumption is its along the lines of, you boys have had a good run, alternative energy is here to stay and will eventually be the main fuel for energy, its time for us to monetize what we have in the ground, you fellas start putting all this money you have made for almost half a century to put your house in order, you guys will not be setting the price, we are, so that our producers in the US can drill. Considering the education level of the average Saudi and his low tolerance to get off government benefits and get his happy *** to work, I would be concerned of a Saudi political, economic and social melt down, I personally would not want to hitch my wagon to that powder keg. (http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/collapse-saudi-arabia-inevitable-1895380679)

India has run circles around us when it comes to foreign policy, all we have managed to do is like drug addicts keep going back for one more high, back to the pusher man whether it be Saudi Arabia, the US or any other country that has need to use us. In my opinion before we get further embroiled in the Arab world or other predators out there we need to put our house in order, stop electing crooks, educate ourselves, have something to offer to the rest of the world other than guns for hire, than we can negotiate on a more equal footing. You don't have to be the biggest swinging dick in the room to negotiate amicably, you need leadership that looks to protect its people's interest as its primary goal, Switzerland did it for centuries despite being a tiny nation.
PS:
Another article regarding our benevolent Saudi benefactors.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...overnment-sehwan-bombing-saudi-fundamentalism

Last edited:
Hi,

Well---if you put it that way---. Truthfully I don't know what the concerns of the Saudis or the Emiratis are---but the way they have responded, makes me think that there are some major concerns that they have. They have the military capability---they have the air force---so what are we missing here.

What is it about Iran that is making them so JITTERY---I don't know----but that is where my concern is---.
@viper0011

what the concerns SA or Emiratis have when they publicly announce that Pakistan is with them for 2 times(one for yemen and other for islamic alliance)??

what i think with my little knowledge is here..

The plans which are being made in Virginia and Capitol Hill are unknown and Washington has been changing sides after the fall of the USSR and Washington has already announce that they will focus on East Asia and will try to contain China but they cannot leave Israel alone Middle East to be eaten by Arabs.
And to insure territory integrity of Israel and not let them to be threatened by anyone and to do that there are two ways to make Israel secure before leaving ME,
1. apply Libyan formula in GCC countries and made them to fight for their survival or possibly die with it, Only Israel will country left in the ME.
or
2. Create bitter enmity between GCC and Iran, So that they should fight with each other.

1. this formula was not possible because that would have destroyed the economy of whole World because of Oil its trade in dollar.
2. this 2nd formula is being implemented in ME, Made them to fight with each other and forget about Israel.

America is leaving Middle East and there will be little to no concentration in the region that;s why they made nuclear deal with Iran and opened its ways to the whole world to grow and give hard time Arabs and simultaneously Arabs image has been damaged in Europe and is already a lots of public pressure in Europe against defence deal with GCC and in coming years public pressure will increase(thanks to fake news about immigrants assault on inhabitants) and America will put defence deals on hold for months and years and will allow only small numbers, and in that meantime they will encourage Israel will come forward to supply weapons for American Hardware and Software to GCC and they will not have any other option as they only have Western equipment and changing them with other requires atleast a decade get familiar with new equipment. by that move Israel will be with GCC vs Iran.

GCC countries are trying hard to not get ally with Israel or not get into vs scenario.

So GCC countries need a big army with big bombs(offcourse the Nuclear one) that would have to replace American in ME insures the stability in the region. Iran has Russia on her side and no matter what happens Russia will not abandon Iran as Iran is the gateway to CAR/Russia, If Iran falls so will Russia.
Pakistan was the only choice they(GCC) have because of 3 things
1. Pakistan is the neighbor of Iran, If Iran try to attack on KSA, theywill have to fight two front war One with GCC and other with Pakistan. and that thing would force Iran to not start war on KSA.
2. Pakistan's relation with Turkey, China.
(a) Turkey is also the neighbor of Iran and if Turkey enters in the war that would be final nail in the coffin of Iran. (b)Chinese are the best negotiators in the world and they have alot of business in whole Region and they dont like war.(as china was one of the factor which save Iran from being attacked by Israel in the resent past)
3. Pakistan has always been a mediator between two Sides of the Persian Gulf.

And here rises the question why GCC countries need A big army to be with them?

and the Answer of this question is not a complicated but the simple one.
Because GCC countries have small armies. the combination of whole GCC countries army some what is around 3,00,000 nearly 45% of Pakistan army. and why they have so much small armies is that the larger Army has larger will have larger hey and say in the govt. affairs and larger role could might bring coup in the Monarch rule countries. and coup against Monarch are nothing new in ME, they have already happened in Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Libya..

To remove the shadow of Coup they are forced to have small armies but to insure territory integrity they need larger armies....

@HAKIKAT

Hi,

The dividends for Pakistan would have been much higher if it had moved in time---.

The military command did not comprehend that the isis would be defeated in a timely manner---and those criminals would come to seek a hiding place in afghaistan and pakistan's border regions---.

Pakistanis and their military had this ' childish ' belief that if they stayed away from trouble---the trouble will not seek them.

Well---the previous week has changed things all over---and thrown the military back into the crucible---.

Only " If wishes were horses---beggars would ride "---poor pakistani military generals---what a bunch of fools.

What i keep failing to understand that Pakistan is in state of war! Why is it that emergency is not imposed?
Irespective how shortsighted military general is, things improves when politicians have to report to a Major.
What a senseless nation it is..... people are dying and they are plying democracy /dharna!
While i'm sure.. unlike me, rest of the world is laughing at them.

Back
Top Bottom