What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

in Myanmar
upload_2020-5-13_10-1-3.png

is it the same Y20 doing all the COVID missions or different ones?

yes most high thrust engines smoke much when they're full powered

Again a plain wrong and stupid claim: Name any modern Western airliner powerplant that "smoke much when they're full powered"? None of them do so at least not in regular service.

who does all Chinese engine smoke too much
The smoke only occurs during take off and landing phase , other than that no smoke are much spotted when cruising. Not a big issue. Smoke is more critical for fighter jet cos when dogfight and you can see the trait..

Transport plane more important aspect are payload , reliability and performance.

Again a plain wrong and stupid claim: Name any modern Western airliner powerplant that "smoke much when they're full powered"? None of them do so at least not in regular service.
that is what i was thinking too its only with the Chinese and Russian engines you see smoke coming out not with any western engines .but again i respect Chinese development speed and the amount of money they are spending in R&D in next 5 to 10 years max they will be far more advance then western countries

yes most high thrust engines smoke much when they're full powered

Nope; currently Y20 uses WS18;
only newcomers keep asking it forever

Most modern engines will have low smoke design. WS18 still at an early stage, it is still using D30 now.

that is what i was thinking too its only with the Chinese and Russian engines you see smoke coming out not with any western engines .but again i respect Chinese development speed and the amount of money they are spending in R&D in next 5 to 10 years max they will be far more advance then western countries
Old western engines like J57 and J79 also smoke. They are at similar age to D30 tho (just a few years earlier).

again; another stupid response by image hogger :angry::angry::angry:
smoking is always no matter type of engine (or type of service)

Back
Top Bottom