What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

547fad21gy1ge56v4w5efj21910u0kjl.jpg

Via @空骑兵雨人 from Weibo

Looks very impressive, as does the build quality.

Has anything been published about its max service life, and max flying hours yet? Any indication of cost etc..

Looks very impressive, as does the build quality.

Has anything been published about its max service life, and max flying hours yet? Any indication of cost etc..

agree, just waiting the engine upgrade ..

small source news from tieba said, china military already give-up WS-20 engine, due to CJ-1000AX progress well and will be have CJ-1000 mil version which better power than WS-20, other reason is development 2 type engine WS-20 more wasting more resources, cost, extra cost for future CAPEX. so China Mil full direction waiting CJ-1000.

small source news from tieba said, china military already give-up WS-20 engine, due to CJ-1000AX progress well and will be have CJ-1000 mil version which better power than WS-20, other reason is development 2 type engine WS-20 more wasting more resources, cost, extra cost for future CAPEX. so China Mil full direction waiting CJ-1000.

Where is the CJ1000 being developed? It might take another 5years to get the engine no?

I doubt that. WS-20 will be needed for militarized C919 AEW & MPA. CJ-1000AX may not be available that soon.

As I predicted, WS-20 will not be install for Y-20 in near future. WS-18 is a more important engine as it can be used for H-6K/H-6H and Y-20. Something WS-20 not able to do it due to oversize to fit into H-6K. Using a single engine for 2 type of aircraft will ease maintenance and logistic, saving cost.

WS-20 are build with closely borrow heavy technology from CMF-56 and WS-10. It shouldnt be an engine too difficult to conquer. Not to mention many China passenger aircraft are using these engines and they have any decades of experience handling this engine.

Not using WS-20 engine is more of a political will or the logistic requirement rather than not able to replicate an engine with current China technology.

I doubt that. WS-20 will be needed for militarized C919 AEW & MPA. CJ-1000AX may not be available that soon.

As I predicted, WS-20 will not be install for Y-20 in near future. WS-18 is a more important engine as it can be used for H-6K/H-6H and Y-20. Something WS-20 not able to do it due to oversize to fit into H-6K. Using a single engine for 2 type of aircraft will ease maintenance and logistic, saving cost.

WS-20 are build with closely borrow heavy technology from CMF-56 and WS-10. It shouldnt be an engine too difficult to conquer. Not to mention many China passenger aircraft are using these engines and they have any decades of experience handling this engine.

Not using WS-20 engine is more of a political will or the logistic requirement rather than not able to replicate an engine with current China technology.

I remember you saying this since years and Yes, I was always skeptical on this. So, well done.

By the way, what is the engine suggested for the H-20?

Early news estimate CJ-1000AX will ready by 2026/27, since it progress well , plus concern/prepare on US sanction LEAP-1 engine,i believe china will speed up CJ-1000AX development to ready by 2024/25. As your predicted WS-20 will not be install for Y-20 in near future, so make sense just end WS-20 development, since Y-20 can use D-30KP-2/WS-18. C919 & Y-20 can use CJ-1000AX。 In 2020 china will receive 56 unit D-30KP-2 engine from russia.

In other view i don't think militarized C919 AEW & MPA soon, since it have 40-50% Foreigner parts which majority from US, US can simply ban those parts export, i believe those contract will be commercial use only, also i don't think COMAC want take risk.

i believe H6 will end production soon. WS-18 just local made D-30KP-2 which not bring much power to Y-20.
Anyway CJ-1000AX more close to LEAP-1 engine.

Early news estimate CJ-1000AX will ready by 2026/27, since it progress well , plus concern/prepare on US sanction LEAP-1 engine,i believe china will speed up CJ-1000AX development to ready by 2024/25. As your predicted WS-20 will not be install for Y-20 in near future, so make sense just end WS-20 development, since Y-20 can use D-30KP-2/WS-18. C919 & Y-20 can use CJ-1000AX。 In 2020 china will receive 56 unit D-30KP-2 engine from russia.

In other view i don't think militarized C919 AEW & MPA soon, since it have 40-50% Foreigner parts which majority from US, US can simply ban those parts export, i believe those contract will be commercial use only, also i don't think COMAC want take risk.

i believe H6 will end production soon. WS-18 just local made D-30KP-2 which not bring much power to Y-20.
Anyway CJ-1000AX more close to LEAP-1 engine.

H-6 production will end soon but does than mean the whole fleet of H6k and H6N are going to retired in just few years time? I dont think after spending billion in building almost many squadron of H-6K and H6N, they are going to drop those planes and retired serving less than 10 years? They are foresee to stay in PLAAF for at least another 10 years. It is absolutely worth continue using WS-18 for both Y-20 and the H6 bomber fleet. There is no more purchase of D-30KP-2 from Russia. Last delivery was in 2016 and subsequently, no new delivery or deal are signed.

H-6 production will end soon but does than mean the whole fleet of H6k and H6N are going to retired in just few years time? I dont think after spending billion in building almost many squadron of H-6K and H6N, they are going to drop those planes and retired serving less than 10 years? They are foresee to stay in PLAAF for at least another 10 years. It is absolutely worth continue using WS-18 for both Y-20 and the H6 bomber fleet. There is no more purchase of D-30KP-2 from Russia. Last delivery was in 2016 and subsequently, no new delivery or deal are signed.

I already mention end production (don't think too much), plane usually can used 20~30+ years. it is common sense.
Anyway just small news, only time will tell true or not.

I remember you saying this since years and Yes, I was always skeptical on this. So, well done.

By the way, what is the engine suggested for the H-20?
non-afterburning variant of NK-32

Back
Top Bottom