What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

Just out of curiosity, how about Islamic Republic of Pakistan and where does it "fall on this scale"?

My statement covers all that fits the bill although I would not like to give out names. In the war against religious and ethnic radicalism, I guess Pakistan, India, China, Russia and all stakeholders must work together regardless of disputes on other realms.

Good.. Slay them all. Those that think killing innocent people are pathetic and cowardly. China has been very proactive in tackling the Islamic state of Turkestan movement in Xinjiang but they are still around....

This further enforces the narrative that we claim that terrorism doesn't go away in a day. Even after surgical operation they still linger. The battle is against ideology and when you destroy that then you destroy the terrorism.

Indeed, destroying the ideology is the most significant mission, which requires long-term planning and execution in a vast areas of education, language and popular culture.

The most important task is to ensure that the new generations internalizes secularism as a benchmark for civility. They should innately be able to separate private spiritual life from public life where economic and social interactions prevail.

You know which countries will be your best for anti-terror operations and what to monitor etc. Unfortunately, I feel the paranoia problem with you guys and imperialistic aspirations will fudge the vision and views of your Govt. It's akin to something that plagued the Big Chinese empires in history.

Stay focused on your own problems, Indian.

Seems you have some valuable suggestions of anti-terror. I am all ears.

I was just saying that the imperialist ambitions and paranoia earlier Chinese empires had or the present day Govt has shouldn't cloud the views and actions while fighting against terrorism.
A strong anti-terror coalition with information sharing etc could benefit east and south-east asia. Unfortunately, I believe that the earlier stated reasons may prevent this from happening. That's all.

I was just saying that the imperialist ambitions and paranoia earlier Chinese empires had or the present day Govt has shouldn't cloud the views and actions while fighting against terrorism.
A strong anti-terror coalition with information sharing etc could benefit east and south-east asia. Unfortunately, I believe that the earlier stated reasons may prevent this from happening. That's all.

The Chinese govt try some weird rules to avoid racism, you know. Chinese laws want to respect all minorites, even sometimes "protect" their illegality such a steal, bustup, fraud, This is the problem. And the troublesome thing is that we can't paint all Chinese muslims as terrorists, though all terroristm came from them. If the govt don't cloud some views and actions, there would be a strong social racism against muslims. In Russia, I watch the video the majority in public siege and beat the Chechnia guys, the police just stand by, don't stop it. We have to avoid such thing happening in China.

The Chinese govt try some weird rules to avoid racism, you know. Chinese laws want to respect all minorites, even sometimes "protect" their illegality such a steal, bustup, fraud, This is the problem. And the troublesome thing is that we can't paint all Chinese muslims as terrorists, though all terroristm came from them. If the govt don't cloud some views and actions, there would be a strong social racism against muslims. In Russia, I watch the video the majority in public siege and beat the Chechnia guys, the police just stand by, don't stop it. We have to avoid such thing happening in China.

That is true. It is very hard to separate and at the same time also not offend. The only way out of this is by having Govt approved Mosques and National control over all religious activities, including appointment of preachers.

I think there should also be a close look into travel itinerary of many people and this is where intelligence sharing can help. Maybe some people go outside, get radicalised and come back to the country to spread mischief. It's easily happened to countless people in India.

This is a problem that should be nipped off in the bud and China will have support from almost everyone in the world to do that. You can of-course expect the usual rambling from some human right idiots and the U. S (obvious), but that's just mostly nonsense.

That is true. It is very hard to separate and at the same time also not offend. The only way out of this is by having Govt approved Mosques and National control over all religious activities, including appointment of preachers.

I think there should also be a close look into travel itinerary of many people and this is where intelligence sharing can help. Maybe some people go outside, get radicalised and come back to the country to spread mischief. It's easily happened to countless people in India.

This is a problem that should be nipped off in the bud and China will have support from almost everyone in the world to do that. You can of-course expect the usual rambling from some human right idiots and the U. S (obvious), but that's just mostly nonsense.

This is international challenge. And nowadays it's internet era. We don't even need to go out of door to get radicalised if we have interests. I think the govt is still very rational and want to make the thing in control when it happens in certain small area. You know, in my all life, so far, I have not come across with more than 6 muslims. The situation is not as serious as you thought of.

This town borders Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Afhanistan

travel3.gif

This region is so so close to Kabul, Islamabad and New Dehli . so so far away from Beijing.

Wanda to build 3.5-bln-yuan shopping complex in Xinjiang
December 19, 2015

Wanda Group will build a shopping complex in downtown Urumqi, capital of west China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, it announced on Friday.

The shopping complex, with an investment of 3.5 billion yuan (540 million U.S. dollars), will be developed in partnership with Urumqi-based Doowin Group and is expected to open for business in 2017.

The complex will feature a shopping mall, IMAX cinemas and restaurants. More than 50 international retailers including Uniqlo, Watsons, Starbucks and McDonald's will have shops in the complex, 30 of which will be their first outlets in Xinjiang, according to Doowin.

The new shopping complex marks Wanda's continued expansion into Xinjiang after investing 10 billion yuan last year to develop a complex of hotels, shopping malls and other entertainment venues in Urumqi Economic and Technological Development Zone.

This town borders Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Afhanistan

travel3.gif

This region is so so close to Kabul, Islamabad and New Dehli . so so far away from Beijing.
a little change to your map. If you want, you can use this one.
travel3.gif

China says extremism losing grip in restless Xinjiang
BEIJING
The religious atmosphere in China's violence-prone far western region of Xinjiang became markedly less radical last year and the government was broadly successful in maintaining stability, the top official there was quoted as saying on Friday.

China says extremism losing grip in restless Xinjiang| Reuters

China says extremism losing grip in restless Xinjiang
BEIJING
The religious atmosphere in China's violence-prone far western region of Xinjiang became markedly less radical last year and the government was broadly successful in maintaining stability, the top official there was quoted as saying on Friday.

China says extremism losing grip in restless Xinjiang| Reuters

Secularism is the key.

East Asian culture is deeply secular; what China needs to do is simply to teach the younger generations a secular lifestyle through media, formal education, and general popular culture. New generation will readily accept it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom