What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

Huh? It's romanised as Xinjiang. Not Xin Jiang.

In Japanese, there are two characters for Tokyo. Do you also spell it To Kyo?
Do you spell Seoul as Seo Ul because there are two characters (서울)?

I notice Vietnamese ALWAYS chop up Chinese nouns, but never for Japanese or Korean, I have no idea why. Do you consider Chinese the same as Vietnamese or something?

Shengjian mantou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jiaozi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia
Zhajiangmian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no spacing because the two individual components form a new noun.

Why Chinese in Hong Kong has written "Hong Kong" not Hongkong , is stated in Dictionary ? Does Hong Kong ren min abused Chinese language and Chinese culture as you said when you commented to my post above ?

Why Chinese in Hong Kong has written "Hong Kong" not Hongkong , is stated in Dictionary ? Does Hong Kong ren min abused Chinese language and Chinese culture ?

They have their own system of romanisation. And no because they are also Chinese by heritage and culture. You are not so you need to be more respectful when using the languages of other cultures. Thanks.

Why Chinese in Hong Kong has written "Hong Kong" not Hongkong , is stated in Dictionary ? Does Hong Kong ren min abused Chinese language and Chinese culture as you said when you commented to my post above ?

Hong Kong is a Cantonese Romanization of 香港。

Taiwanese also have their own Romanization, they write Xiu as Hsiu for example. It actually sounds the same, just that English doesn't have an equivalent sound to "x" in Chinese so they tried to write it as "hs" which is not wrong either.

In fact the "x" sound is halfway between "sh" and "s". If my Laowai friends ask me how to pronounce Xi Jinping for example, I tell them "x" is like an "s" with your teeth closed, so it sounds a bit like "sh".

They have their own system of romanisation. And no because they are also Chinese by heritage and culture. You are not so you need to be more respectful when using the languages of other cultures. Thanks.

Your comment is meaningless to our debate.

Base on your logic Hong Kong people has written in English "Hong Kong" in separately, is that abusing to the Chinese language and culture or not ? When you are shared same ethnicity, Hong Kong is part of PRC.

Your comment is meaningless to our debate.

Base on your logic Hong Kong people has written in English "Hong Kong" in separately, is that abusing to the Chinese language and culture or not ? When you are shared same ethnicity, Hong Kong is part of PRC.

Well if you stop Vietnamising Chinese like you do then we wouldn't even be talking about this. But it really got on my nerves so I couldn't help but point it out and hope that you stop abusing my culture.

You need to look at the etmyology of "Hong Kong". Research it yourself. As others have pointed out to you, their romanisation is a different system and is based on Cantonese and not Mandarin, I thought that's obvious. And I read that until 1926 it was written as Hongkong.

But I don't know why you're throwing a red herring because I was addressing your abuse of Chinese culture by chopping everything up which Vietnamese always do.

Last edited:
Lets continue to have special relationship with Turkey.

Irony, brother, irony. I guess China is very conservative to establish special relationships (in the positive sense). I would say, Russia must be further elevated as a strategic partner. And as an economic partner, China should seek further interaction with Northeast Asia.

If I am a statesman, my benchmark to set up special relationship is whether the partner has a secular culture or not.

I do not want to deal with religious nut-jobs and ethnic zealots. People should decide for themselves where Turkey falls on the scale.

Hunting for the September coal mine attack terrorists. They all have been destroyed.

Good news. I guess China has just announced an upgrade plan in anti-terrorism policy.

Last edited:
Irony, brother, irony. I guess China is very conservative to establish special relationships (in the positive sense). I would say, Russia must be further elevated as a strategic partner. And as an economic partner, Chine should seek further interaction with Northeast Asia.

If I am a statesman, my benchmark to set up special relationship is whether the partner has a secular culture or not.

I do not want to deal with religious nut-jobs and ethnic zealots. People should decide for themselves where Turkey falls on the scale.

Good news. I guess China has just announced an upgrade plan in anti-terrorism policy.

You know which countries will be your best for anti-terror operations and what to monitor etc. Unfortunately, I feel the paranoia problem with you guys and imperialistic aspirations will fudge the vision and views of your Govt. It's akin to something that plagued the Big Chinese empires in history.

Just out of curiosity, how about Islamic Republic of Pakistan and where does it "fall on this scale"?

Good.. Slay them all. Those that think killing innocent people are pathetic and cowardly. China has been very proactive in tackling the Islamic state of Turkestan movement in Xinjiang but they are still around....

This further enforces the narrative that we claim that terrorism doesn't go away in a day. Even after surgical operation they still linger. The battle is against ideology and when you destroy that then you destroy the terrorism.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom