What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

To be honest have never seen Christian nuns covering their faces. And majority of modern Muslim girls wear burqa on the forced insistance of their parents. Atleast that is what my friend told me.
Mr. I didn't said nuns cover faces, they obey their own veil laws.
Parents forced their girls in many ways and i think it they are responsible for it.

Time to evolve. Hindus had Sati system, caste etc. Many ills.

We recognized and banned them. Sati System is extinct, Caste influence is steadily decreasing.

Who banned sati system? hindus? :hitwall:

Parents forced their girls in many ways and i think it they are responsible for it.

No british, but the movement was spearheaded by many Indian thinkers.

Not only this, Indian constitution essentially ended or kept banned all parochial things like Sati, Dowry, Child Marriage, Untouchability etc.

No british, but the movement was spearheaded by many Indian thinkers.

Not only this, Indian constitution essentially ended or kept banned all parochial things like Sati, Dowry, Child Marriage, Untouchability etc.
So that means your ancestors were wrong.... Isn't it?
BTW Tipu Sultan was first to ban Sati practice.

Now strong Comments ( PMS - Patented Muslim Scholar) from Pakistan friends will say there country there rule, which is only applicable to China ... :D:D:kiss3::drag:

***Karamay is a developed area and Han dominates...

It's woman's right...
Any religion should not oppress women.
Something I can tell u,there r muslim live near my family.Woman dont wear black things(I dont know use which word to describe),but wear colorful head scarves.(inland China,Hubei province)
Woman work,too.I can see her busy working every day.

What if the woman wishes to wear veil or head scarves? Does that come under women's rights?

Rajaram Mohan Roy used his influence with the British to ban Sati. Not that they wanted it. He was the one who spearheaded the agitation against the Sati

What if the woman wishes to wear veil or head scarves? Does that come under women's rights?

No it doesn't. If I raise you to be a good slave from the age of 5 and make you believe that if you don't be my slave you will go to hell, than you would happily be my slave without creating much problems. History is full of such figures, we call them God kings.

If you really want to be a slave of a God king, would that legitimize slavery? People are not magical creatures that generates information from out of no where. A great majority of the mankind observes it's nature, observes it's parents and tries to "blend in".

According to this book (Biography of Dalai Lama, published in Taiwan), Mao did say this.
Quote:
“末了,毛澤東告訴達賴喇嘛:
「我很了解你。但宗教當然是毒藥。他有兩個缺點:危害人類和阻礙國家進步。”
found it from a answer in this
Did Mao really say "Religion is poison" to the Dalai Lama? - Quora
Yeah, and Dalai Lama also used to write a letter to Mao talk about "You are the Sun in the world." "You are just great like the Brahmā and 众敬王(Don't know the English. It means the king everyone respect, the first king of India or someone like that.)." "I hope you live long for ever."

China works to preserve Xinjiang's historical Buddhist caves

Due to to its location along the ancient Silk Road, China's Xinjiang region is a treasure trove of Buddhist temples and art.

• POSTED: 03 Oct 2015 18:02

kizil-cave-buddha-jeremy.jpg

kizil-cave-mural-jeremy.jpg

BAICHENG: China’s far-flung Xinjiang region has a treasure trove of Buddhist temples and art due to its location along the ancient Silk Road.

The Kizil Caves in Xinjiang for instance is the earliest major Buddhist cave complex in China. Despite being uncovered in the last century, most of the caves remain closed to the public.

Only top Chinese leaders are allowed to enter due to the caves’ fragile environment, but tourists can visit about eight of the other 230 known cave temples in the area, although photography’s forbidden.

Most of the caves are in bad condition.

According to locals, the Muslim population living in the area, and more recently the Red Guards from China's Cultural Revolution, were responsible for much of the destruction of the caves' interiors, while in the early 20th century German archaeologists removed large pieces of murals from the caves.

More than US$32 million have been spent over the past decade to restore the caves.

“Our academy is mainly focusing on preventative protection, because there are only a few types of materials in the world that we can use to protect the sites - chemical materials,” said Xu Yongming, president of Kucha Academy of Xinjiang. “But I think these will threaten the long-term preservation of the murals.”

kizil-cave-mural-jeremy-data.jpg

A mural is seen in the Kizil Buddha Caves in Baicheng County, Xinjiang, China. (Photo: CNA/Jeremy Koh)

Sun Lianqiang is one of those restoring the murals. He spends up to eight hours a day in cramped conditions touching up the artwork.

“These paintings are a few thousand years old, and I feel a deep sense of responsibility, and I’m afraid of doing something wrong, so every step of the way, there’s a huge pressure,” said Sun.

Some of the paintings were done as early as the 3rd century, which makes them more than 2,000 years old, so besides preserving the artwork here, the authorities are also capturing images of these artwork to form an online depository.

“The main goal is still to record all the information,” said Xu. “Since 2005, we’ve done stuff like virtual tours, cave modelling and virtual modelling, so in the event that the cave is damaged, we can reconstruct it based on our online depository.”

Authorities hope that these efforts will help restore the caves as close as possible to their former glory. Thus giving more people the chance to view and admire one of the remaining legacies of the ancient Silk Road.

need some soldiers at that place to guard from any attempt by those wacko uyghur terrorists to erase evidence that their people were not native there like what their comrades done in afghanistan

0,,5471270_4,00.jpg

They could have just left it alone, after all, a stronge heart fears no mirage before the eyes. Perhaps those terro-wackos should just dig out their own eyes, then all is pure before them...

need some soldiers at that place to guard from any attempt by those wacko uyghur terrorists to erase evidence that their people were not native there like what their comrades done in afghanistan

0,,5471270_4,00.jpg

Thankfully only a minority belong to that class of animal and a good portion of them are being fried by Russia in Syria.

warning signs of external profiling of Uyghur terrorists, nothing more, nothing less

images

Farmer painting show in Beijing: charting a new countryside in Xinjiang
| 2015-10-02 20:28:13 |

134680495_14437886154581n.jpg

Blessings Extended, by Palashati, a farmer painter from Xinyuan county, Ili Kazak autonomous prefecture, NW China’s Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region. (Farmers Daily/Jiang Peiling)

BEIJING, Oct. 2 (Xinhuanet) -- Xinjiang farmer paintings numbering 166 are exhibited in the Classics Museum of the National Library in Beijing, Sept. 28, 2015. Each painting, vivid and distinctive, with a theme of countryside from views of farmers, tells a story, expressing the simplicity of local people in different nationalities, showing their spirits of Love of the Motherland and Passion for Xinjiang, Solidarity and Dedication, Hard Work and Mutual Cooperation, Opening-up and Enterprising.

Co-hosted by the Public Culture Department of Culture Ministry, Culture Department of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and National Library in Beijing, the activity, Charting a new countryside in Xinjiang: farmer paintings for celebrating the 60th anniversary of founding of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, part of a series of Spring Rain Project 2015 by cultural volunteers touring the bordering regions of the country. This show is divided into five sections, that is, Modern Culture, National Unity, Economic Advance, Livelihood, Social Development, comprehensively showing encouraging changes and tremendous achievements in Xinjiang over the past six decades, particularly since the Central Conference on Work in Xinjiang, and also showing the admiration for capital Beijing and the love of the great motherland of the grassroots farmers.

These works are from painting admirers, of different nationalities including Uygur, Han, Hui, Kazak, Kirgiz, Xibe, Mongolian, and Tajik. It is known that, famer paintings have become an important form of arts used by people of different nationalities praising new times, new life, and new development among the farming and livestock areas around Xinjiang. By the end of 2014, there had been already 22 provincial-leveled farmer painting bases all over the region altogether. And the number of farmers engaged in painting and instructed by the Culture Centers (Stations) has surpassed 2,000.

This show will last till October 7, accompanied with A Collection of Farmer Paintings in Xinjiang published by the hosting parties.

134680495_14437886154651n.jpg

134680495_14437886154691n.jpg

134680495_14437886154611n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom